Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sat_freak)
    Yes, the curve will give you a volume of 40pi / ln3 from which the cone's volme has to be substracted.

Okay good because i got that correct, and the volume of the cone correct, but for some reason I took the volume of the cone away from the curve incorrectly, how many marks do you think is lost there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Would you lose marks for not labelling the axis y and x for graph sketching? I've got a bad feeling that I didn't.
    I hope not, I always forget to label the axes

ReputationRep:
    How many marks will I get for 8b if I only found the volume of the cone? I did try and integrate the y^2 part but I know I've done it completely wrong. Will I get any follow through marks for my answer too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smem_96)
    How many marks will I get for 8b if I only found the volume of the cone? I did try and integrate the y^2 part but I know I've done it completely wrong. Will I get any follow through marks for my answer too?
    IT was 6 marks, right?

So i reckon 3 marks, i did the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    No it wont. That's an A* provided you averaged an A in your other modules

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubik-Cube)
    IT was 6 marks, right?

So i reckon 3 marks, i did the same thing.
    That's better than I thought, seeing as they provided the formula for the cone's volume. Hopefully the examiner's having a good day when they mark my paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calum511)
    I think I got 66 in c3 and 70 in c4, do you think that will be enough for an a*? I think it will be right on the border.
    Depends on the grade boundaries, but it might just be a couple of marks below A* or right on the border.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calum511)
    I think I got 66 in c3 and 70 in c4, do you think that will be enough for an a*? I think it will be right on the border.
    You will be above the border I'm sure, don't publically stress about your insecurity when other people have more legitimate/realistic concerns :P

The boundaries will probably be 66 +/- 1 for both of them so you are absolutely fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smem_96)
    Depends on the grade boundaries, but it might just be a couple of marks below A* or right on the border.
    nah thats definitely an A* cos last year grade boundaries were around 67 for an a* for both C3 and C4 and this year it might be lower and seeing as hes got 70 in C4, that will be more than 90 ums so if he is to get below 90 in C3, it will balance it out to more than 90.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, if anyone finds a S2 thread, let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJuggernaut)
    By the way, if anyone finds a S2 thread, let me know
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3156207

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have an idea what these marks would relate to in UMS roughly?
    65 in m1
    42 in c3
    58 in c4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertymed)
    Anyone have an idea what these marks would relate to in UMS roughly?
    65 in m1
    42 in c3
    58 in c4
    M1 about 83 ums
    C3 about 50 ums
    C4 about 75 ums

Just a guess, I may be wrong

ReputationRep:
    60 in M1
    59 in C3
    55 in C4

What would this be in terms of UMS?

ReputationRep:
    For Q1a I rushed so didn't take out 4 as a factor and so how many carry forward marks would I get? Part a was 5 marks so is 2 possible?Also part c was 2 marks so 1 possible?

For last q I put the height as 9 where it should have been the other way around, I think you get 2 marks for minusing the cone so could I get 1 for the final answer?
    let the A* slip away.

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel's textbook didn't say anything about integrating a^x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isymega)
    60 in M1
    59 in C3
    55 in C4

What would this be in terms of UMS?
    A guess would be -
    M1 -78 UMS
    C3 - 75 UMS
    C4 - around 70 UMS

But it just depends on where the boundaries fall this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArkadiusBear)
    Okay good because i got that correct, and the volume of the cone correct, but for some reason I took the volume of the cone away from the curve incorrectly, how many marks do you think is lost there?
    One accuracy mark

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 68 in C3, and then about 63 in C4, what grade do peoples think would that be - A or A*?

ReputationRep:
    To whoever reported me for whatever reason: go cry some more please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.