Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    That sounds very serious.

Please talk to a professional about all of this ASAP.*
    My parents are taking me in to see my GP tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    My anxiety is at an all time high. The last time it was this high was before I had my first psychotic episode. I had a nightmare last night that I was seeing flashing lights and shapes in my vision and hearing horrible things being shouted at me. I'm not sure whether this is because i'm worrying or is the start of something more serious.

I phoned the samaritans yesterday because I was seriously considering doing something and the guy was really nice but talking about my problems really made me feel worse. I guess this is why my mental health coordinator doesnt want me to start counselling again.

I feel like i'm going to fail my degree. I am not going to lectures because i'm too anxious. Luckily the information from each lecture on evision is pretty good but still i'm really worried. On top of this student finance are awarding me minimum support because my dad sent in a council tax bill as marital evidence but cause my brother lives with him it doesn't count.. so now we have nowhere to go with it. It means I can't afford my accommodation next semester and i'm just a mess :cry2:

Spoiler:
    Show
    And I haven't kept any food down all day

I'm a bit of a mess right now

ReputationRep:
    I feel really anxious tonight. I was getting on with my work and I just kinda started remembering everything that's been going on with me over the years that I've blocked out and forgotten and I don't really know what's happening there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I feel really anxious tonight. I was getting on with my work and I just kinda started remembering everything that's been going on with me over the years that I've blocked out and forgotten and I don't really know what's happening there
    You've probably answered this on here before (sorry, crappy memory); are you seeing a counselor/psychologist/someone you talk to?

I would recommend writing down each of these things and telling yourself that you will discuss them with someone. I find it difficult to block out these kind of thoughts too but if you tell yourself that, in the near future, you'll entertain them then it makes it (for me at least) more able to get on with what I was doing.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any experience of IPT? Got my first session on tuesday and don't really know what to expect, I know nothing about it and really ill physically at the minute which doesn't help. I'd never even heard of it before they offered it to me so just said yes

Feel like I've asked this before but can't for the life of me find it so sorry if anyone replied! Hope people are doing as okay as possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    You've probably answered this on here before (sorry, crappy memory); are you seeing a counselor/psychologist/someone you talk to?

I would recommend writing down each of these things and telling yourself that you will discuss them with someone. I find it difficult to block out these kind of thoughts too but if you tell yourself that, in the near future, you'll entertain them then it makes it (for me at least) more able to get on with what I was doing.
    Haha I'm not sure I've talked about it so much around here actually. I saw two counsellors in school when I was like 13/14, nothing since then. The first called me names, and the second said I just wanted attention :laugh: I know they're not all like that, but I just didn't feel like counselling was for me. I can talk about my problems all day, but I need a lot more guidance and stuff than that. I haven't seen a psychologist or anything. My GP gave me medication and just made sure it agreed with me for a couple months, and I've always dealt with it through him. I do plan on going and asking for a referral to someone in a few weeks though. I know I need to see someone at this point, I just need to make sure I actually do it. That's a really good idea though, I'll have to note it all down. I'm terrible for forgetting information when I need it so at least I'll be able to refer back to it as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Does anyone have any experience of IPT? Got my first session on tuesday and don't really know what to expect, I know nothing about it and really ill physically at the minute which doesn't help. I'd never even heard of it before they offered it to me so just said yes

Feel like I've asked this before but can't for the life of me find it so sorry if anyone replied! Hope people are doing as okay as possible
    Hi, sorry! I saw you asked this when you'd heard about it and I meant to reply, but it completely slipped my mind! I haven't had it myself, or heard a massive amount about it, but from what I hear it can be quite helpful. I spoke to someone once, and they said it was like making links between things and there was a lot of focus on relationships as well. I hope you get on well! Sorry to hear you're unwell

ReputationRep:
    Watching Greys Anatomy and i've started feeling stupid waves of anxiety.
    ****s sake, thought i was over this right now.

ReputationRep:
    Keep hearing people call my name over and over again. And they are strangers because they keep calling me Francesca, and my normal voices never call me that, they usually call me Cesca, like everyone does, so I don't know who these people are. And I went to the gym today and nearly threw up in my fitness class, and I saw a woman on one of the rowers who so looked like my mother, and my head is just ****ing with me, and I don't know what to do, I'm just sitting here listening to music trying to drown it all out, and talking to Ethan, but my head hurts and so do my eyes, and they won't shut up.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, sorry! I saw you asked this when you'd heard about it and I meant to reply, but it completely slipped my mind! I haven't had it myself, or heard a massive amount about it, but from what I hear it can be quite helpful. I spoke to someone once, and they said it was like making links between things and there was a lot of focus on relationships as well. I hope you get on well! Sorry to hear you're unwell
    Don't worry! Yeah that's pretty much what I've heard. Will give it a go and see what happens, hopefully it'll help a bit. Thanks, CFS sucks but you know that as well as I do :/ hope you're doing okay, thanks for the reply

ReputationRep:
    Sleep isnt happening again.

Feeling quite low and not going to be seeing anyone (socially or physically) for 2 days and kinda dont want to be alone with thoughts/vision things for 2 whole days.

Not sure what to do anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My lecture this morning is on suicide and self-harm. I don't get triggered easily but this will be awkward.

Hugs to all btw :hugs:*

ReputationRep:
    :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Had a complete meltdown for first time in ages. Feel absolutely, completely and spectacularly ****

ReputationRep:
    One of my cats is away to the bet again regarding that lump I mentioned a few weeks ago :cry2: I'm a nervous wreck :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    One of my cats is away to the bet again regarding that lump I mentioned a few weeks ago :cry2: I'm a nervous wreck :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fingers crossed hopefully everything is okay and he gets on well :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: :console: I'm sure it'll be ok. Just remember that it's for the good of their health that the vet checks them over.

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed hopefully everything is okay and he gets on well :console:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    :hugs: :console: I'm sure it'll be ok. Just remember that it's for the good of their health that the vet checks them over.
    Thank you both :hugs:

The lump has gotten a little bigger and changed from round to kind of oblong and there seems to be another little lump next to it. I'm not taking any chances so Callan's at the vets with him now and I'm waiting at home with the rest of the cats and eagerly awaiting an update

ReputationRep:
    Kindred bit of an odd request but could you clear your inbox please? Asking for someone else who'd like to reply to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Had a complete meltdown for first time in ages. Feel absolutely, completely and spectacularly ****
    :jumphug: xxx

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.