Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    This is a good point - I do wonder how many bikes are used just once or twice and never again... (unless Girton/Homerton...)
    So if you're at Homerton you'd need a bike? I'm not a confident rider >,<

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medic_12345)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You need a helicopter from there.

ReputationRep:
    Oh poo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh poo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I used to cycle from Girton to Homerton with my viola to play in a string quartet.

Even if you're not at Girton or Homerton, a bike is a good thing. Grange Road is very long if you're walking, for instance.

My son was at Trinity and reckoned that everywhere was 10 minutes away by bike. If it was in the middle of town, the going was slow. If going a bit further out, e.g. the boathouse, it was further but faster.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes. Yes. Yes.

Having a bike turns my journey from a 20 minute walk to a 5 minute cycle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Yes. Yes. Yes.

Having a bike turns my journey from a 20 minute walk to a 5 minute cycle.
    I think I'd just have to walk tbh, so scared of riding unless it's in an open park, definitely not around people or cars >.< hopefully lectures won't be that far

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a confident walker. I've been walking since I was a little kid.

ReputationRep:
    After watching the Olympics I was inspired to attempt racewalking, mainly because I felt it would be a good conversation starter and because I'm really rather unfit.

Turns out that **** is dispiritingly painful. My calves were utterly shredded. Is this what becoming fit is meant be like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krollo)
    After watching the Olympics I was inspired to attempt racewalking, mainly because I felt it would be a good conversation starter and because I'm really rather unfit.

Turns out that **** is dispiritingly painful. My calves were utterly shredded. Is this what becoming fit is meant be like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is why I'm taking up college sports - less competitive than uni wide sports so probably less of a shock to lazy people like me :P
    On a sidenote, I love the olympics! It is the one time every four years that you'll find me remotely interested in any sort of sport

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol I can't believe racewalking is a thing... I had to google it

I wanted to find out long it would take to walk from college to the lecture halls, and google maps legitimately suggests to punt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    I wanted to find out long it would take to walk from college to the lecture halls, and google maps legitimately suggests to punt it.
    Google Maps includes punting?!

ReputationRep:
    Savage.
    2 savage for me 2 handle.
    I hope you got the handle joke, i just pissed myself laughing about it.
    TBH. I might just stay at home. Probably wont have to travel as much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can't walk with ur legs mate.
    U move 1 metre per 100 steps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsIP2016)
    This is why I'm taking up college sports - less competitive than uni wide sports so probably less of a shock to lazy people like me :P
    On a sidenote, I love the olympics! It is the one time every four years that you'll find me remotely interested in any sort of sport
    I'm so glad Olympics were on this year, it was a good distraction from the results day wait

(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Google Maps includes punting?!
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Ol...1533!5i1?hl=en

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    I'm so glad Olympics were on this year, it was a good distraction from the results day wait
    Every Team GB gold medal was a good omen :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Claim; The Olympics is fake.
    Proof:
    You heard it here first.
    They include stuff like walking but can't include stuff like cricket.
    Yes, Cricket is a proper sport, tons of countries play it. Hence, Olympics is fake. Q.E.D

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by physicsmaths)
    Claim; The Olympics is fake.
    Proof:
    You heard it here first.
    They include stuff like walking but can't include stuff like cricket.
    Yes, Cricket is a proper sport, tons of countries play it. Hence, Olympics is fake. Q.E.D

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cricket is a 'trivial' sport, like this \emptyset.
    Racewalking is a 'proper' sport, \subsetneq.

ReputationRep:
    My god.

Turns out it's an Easter egg but still...

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.