Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    It's called interest... oh, and actually wanting to know what the drugs I may end up prescribing do. And perhaps a shade of nerdiness
    Nah as long as you know what they are for it is fine :p:

But then I have decided I will Allow 4th year project and do a death and autopsy module instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Nah as long as you know what they are for it is fine :p:
    Knowing the mechanisms gives neat insights into contraindications and side effects though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    Knowing the mechanisms gives neat insights into contraindications and side effects though
    I know I know. The first thing that comes to my head with interactions is always grapefruit juice.

ReputationRep:
    Right I'm going to watch some surgery tomorrow for the first time, what the hell do I do with my long hair (bar chopping it off!)? Anyone wanna shed some light?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Right I'm going to watch some surgery tomorrow for the first time, what the hell do I do with my long hair (bar chopping it off!)? Anyone wanna shed some light?
    Just tie it back and use one of the ladies theatre hats same as we do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    Just tie it back and use one of the ladies theatre hats same as we do
    Would I have to put it in a bun or anything like that? I'm going to look well 'ard :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Would I have to put it in a bun or anything like that? I'm going to look well 'ard :cool:
    I just put my hair in a ponytail and tuck it up under the edges of the hat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    I just put my hair in a ponytail and tuck it up under the edges of the hat.
    Nice, I have no idea how to do anything with my hair bar that! Feel like such a noob with such questions

Let's just hope I don't pass out, need to maintain some man points.

ReputationRep:
    Nice, I have no idea how to do anything with my hair bar that! Feel like such a noob with such questions

I always keep a bottle of water in the anaesthetic room so I can pop through and have some if I feel faint (but then again, I'm usually with the anaesthetists rather than the surgeons so am sat down anyway!)

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to Cambridge medics with their finals, I was on HCA duty over the bank holiday and quite a few of you came by for last minute clerking . In other news, have seen some very interesting stuff over the last couple of days, GBS, Conns, Turners, MEN The joys of tertiary centres! Not good for the patients and not bread and butter work, but back to medicine after orthopaedics

ReputationRep:
    Picnics attended: 1
    Letters written: 1
    Thank you cards written: 1
    Work done: 0

Today has been a good day

ReputationRep:

Make sure you eat something before you go, that definitely helps. What are you watching tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Chop it off you big girl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    :ditto:

Whoop whoop, finals start in just under 12 hours. WHAT THE **** IS PUBLIC HEALTH?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Whoop whoop, finals start in just under 12 hours. WHAT THE **** IS PUBLIC HEALTH?!
    Good luck mate.

ReputationRep:
    Double-loop the ponytail (so dont pull it all the way through the band) else I find the weight of it pulls my hat off. And I use a wide band round my head to hold back stray bits that tend to poke out. Though my hair has been anything up to T6 length this year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    :ditto:

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syncope)
    Make sure you eat something before you go, that definitely helps. What are you watching tomorrow?
    A vascular list apparently - some AAA repairs and such. I'm sure I'll be fine, just an alien environment to me as of yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    :lol:

Could make a mint from it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    For the first time in my life, I have a sports kit with my name on the back. Feels good, man.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.