Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hhforever)
    Oh? When's your birthday?
    23rd September (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicholasng925)
    Yeah, I think it's a week haha!

Wow!!! How delicious can Indian food in London be? I must try one day! Haha! Go celebrate your birthday at Indian restaurant muahahaha! :eek:
    REALLY GOOD. I can still remember it even though it was 8 years ago. The good thing is that they cater to people who can't take too spicy food like me. Besides, there are a lot of Indians in London, so it's authentic!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just wondering, those of you without scholarships........ how are you paying your tuition fees? All this bank stuff is so confusing!

PS: I cannot open the HSBC Premier account because I don't meet the $500000000000 minimum balance.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitelily29)
    REALLY GOOD. I can still remember it even though it was 8 years ago. The good thing is that they cater to people who can't take too spicy food like me. Besides, there are a lot of Indians in London, so it's authentic!
    Wow!!! Even the description of it sounds tempting! :eek: I'm counting on you to bring me there for that particular Indian food! Oh, your birthday.

ReputationRep:
    Wow!!! Even the description of it sounds tempting! :eek: I'm counting on you to bring me there for that particular Indian food! Oh, your birthday.
    Haha! I don't even know which restaurant would be good. My dad will be in London with me, so I'll get him to show me before he leaves.

ReputationRep:
    Haha! I don't even know which restaurant would be good. My dad will be in London with me, so I'll get him to show me before he leaves.
    Yeaaaah then introduce me to the restaurant!

ReputationRep:
    Yeaaaah then introduce me to the restaurant!
    No problem (: Good food must always be shared!

ReputationRep:
    No problem (: Good food must always be shared!
    Yeay! Awesome! Looking forward to see you then hahaha!!! Hopefully I will get to celebrate your birthday.

ReputationRep:
    Around 720 a month on accom. I'm not so sure about JPA though! :eek:
    well, my JPA friends out of london are getting 950 a month. and our rent is something in the region of 70-90 pppw.

ReputationRep:
    Yeay! Awesome! Looking forward to see you then hahaha!!! Hopefully I will get to celebrate your birthday.
    (: I really can't wait to leave. 26 days for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isaacchan)
    well, my JPA friends out of london are getting 950 a month. and our rent is something in the region of 70-90 pppw.
    Wow!!! Outside London! Yeah the rent is somewhat more expensive in London or any other major cities

ReputationRep:
    (: I really can't wait to leave. 26 days for me!
    Wow! 30 days for me! Woots woots! :happy2:

ReputationRep:
    Wow! 30 days for me! Woots woots! :happy2:
    Can't believe it's under a month's time.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe it's under a month's time.
    Have you started packing? Went for shopping? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Have you started packing? Went for shopping? :eek:
    A little early to pack eh? Haha!
    But I have started stationery shopping. Bought about everything I'll need. I'm going to HK next week actually >.<

ReputationRep:
    A little early to pack eh? Haha!
    But I have started stationery shopping. Bought about everything I'll need. I'm going to HK next week actually >.<
    Too early! But I've done my shopping! Almost done, I guess? Still haven't bought my little rice cooker only, oh and my stationery! Hahaha! I think I shall buy most of my stuffs here except winter clothings and gadgets.

My shopping stuffs bought include 2 formal shirts, 2 slacks, 9 T-shirts (3 collar and 6 round neck), 2 jeans, 2 pairs of Nike shoes (due to 40% off at Nike Warehouse Sales), 1 new belt, 1 wallet and 1 28' inch luggage. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Too early! But I've done my shopping! Almost done, I guess? Still haven't bought my little rice cooker only, oh and my stationery! Hahaha! I think I shall buy most of my stuffs here except winter clothings and gadgets.

My shopping stuffs bought include 2 formal shirts, 2 slacks, 9 T-shirts (3 collar and 6 round neck), 2 jeans, 2 pairs of Nike shoes (due to 40% off at Nike Warehouse Sales), 1 new belt, 1 wallet and 1 28' inch luggage. :eek:
    Wow. Nice. Looks like you're well stocked (: I'll be doing tons of shopping on HK, so that's settled. My friends got me a rice cooker, so I won't need to get one there.

Why don't you just get a rice cooker there? It isn't much more expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Nice. Looks like you're well stocked (: I'll be doing tons of shopping on HK, so that's settled. My friends got me a rice cooker, so I won't need to get one there.

Why don't you just get a rice cooker there? It isn't much more expensive.
    Hahaha I see! I'm... not sure? I have yet to check out the price of small rice cooker here anyway! I will check out about it soon. How much do you think it costs to buy rice cooker in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha I see! I'm... not sure? I have yet to check out the price of small rice cooker here anyway! I will check out about it soon. How much do you think it costs to buy rice cooker in the UK?
    You could check out Tesco online (the UK store). And then reduce the price by a little. Cause you could probably buy a second hand one or one from your senior. (:

ReputationRep:
    You could check out Tesco online (the UK store). And then reduce the price by a little. Cause you could probably buy a second hand one or one from your senior. (:
    Oh haha thanks!!! I'm checking out now!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.