Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    I'm alright thanks, what about you? What job do you have by the way?
    Hungry and tired.

I work at a hotel cleaning in the butler and kitchen. Its contracted this time which is awesome so i have security

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Really?! Awesome! :five:

Haven't heard that, will listen to it now

What else do you listen to?
    I listen to absolutely everything! My music choices are varied...
    Indie, Rock, Pop, Rap, Metal, Heavy Metal.....Electronic....Dubstep( Don't judge), Acoustic....Classical, Classic Rock...The list goes on!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma.b)
    I am restraining myself from a witty comeback however I am not the type of person to mock. The people bring it on themselves - it is the latest fad and one many people will follow even if they think they are a 'geek' or not. What I said back there was humour my dear, not something to be taken seriously. I was responding to his post on his reactions to the question not mine. Logically, I know the answers to the question, I know that the people most likely will not answer correctly and I also know I would get that kind of response.
    However, like I said humour can be interpreted in very different ways and in my defense I was telling him how to deal with cruel words. By lightening up.
    Thats a lesson for everyone I believe....
    Ummm...lesson learned?

ReputationRep:
    I listen to absolutely everything! My music choices are varied...
    Indie, Rock, Pop, Rap, Metal, Heavy Metal.....Electronic....Dubstep( Don't judge), Acoustic....Classical, Classic Rock...The list goes on!
    I usually only listen to a few songs from 1 band, or only one song from them. My current playlist has epic (film/trailer music etc), rock, metal, dubstep (not judging), and some ones that I'll consider as 'unclassifiable'

I haven't listened to my Classical playlist for a while, maybe it's time to get back.

One of my favourite Romantic period pieces; the woman playing it was almost 40 at the time of recording believe it or not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    Hungry and tired.

I work at a hotel cleaning in the butler and kitchen. Its contracted this time which is awesome so i have security
    Cool, are they all like buff and 6 foot?

ReputationRep:
    Ummm...lesson learned?
    Wasn't aimed at you sweetie, I can be quite sharp when I want to be though!

All is grand, I don't discriminate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I usually only listen to a few songs from 1 band, or only one song from them. My current playlist has epic (film/trailer music etc), rock, metal, dubstep (not judging), and some ones that I'll consider as 'unclassifiable'

I haven't listened to my Classical playlist for a while, maybe it's time to get back.

One of my favourite Romantic period pieces; the woman playing it was almost 40 at the time of recording believe it or not!

Woo music fwends! That is actually beautiful Bude, I love it!
    I love when my singing teacher picks songs from the Romantic Period to sing! She picked out a beautiful one by Elgar a few weeks ago that I have to learn!

ReputationRep:
    Woo music fwends! That is actually beautiful Bude, I love it!
    I love when my singing teacher picks songs from the Romantic Period to sing! She picked out a beautiful one by Elgar a few weeks ago that I have to learn!
    Rachmaninoff sure knew how to write a tune '^'

I like Chopin and Beethoven as well
    But some of the pieces are so damn long ._.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't aimed at you sweetie, I can be quite sharp when I want to be though!
    hahaa, I can tell its alright

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Rachmaninoff sure knew how to write a tune '^'

I like Chopin and Beethoven as well
    But some of the pieces are so damn long ._.
    Amazing wee tune!

Beethoven is good and I haven't listened to Chopin as much!
    I like a lot of Tchaikovsky's work, we use it a lot in ballet so I've grown used to the length being long. But you are right, the concertos are so long!

ReputationRep:
    hahaa, I can tell its alright
    I'm just super-duper stressed and little tiny things are bugging me! Going to remain as calm as possible.....

ReputationRep:
    Cool, are they all like buff and 6 foot?
    I work almost exclusively with women actually, no other guy was in work today as either their day off or on break.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing wee tune!

Beethoven is good and I haven't listened to Chopin as much!
    I like a lot of Tchaikovsky's work, we use it a lot in ballet so I've grown used to the length being long. But you are right, the concertos are so long!
    I don't know much about Tchaikovsky's work (apart from the Nutcracker) but yeah, I heard he's used in ballet a lot

In our music school, we also name the rooms by composers and I have my lessons in 'Tchaikovsky'

Chopin Op 10 Etudes are great. My favourites are 2, 4 and 5. They're all so hard to play though T_T
    Like, seriously hard.
    Seriously seriously hard.

Chopin's Valse Op 64 No. 2 is nice as well, and his Nocturne in E Flat Major Op 9 No. 2 :yes: They'll probably sound very familiar

ReputationRep:
    I work almost exclusively with women actually, no other guy was in work today as either their day off or on break.
    Do you mean that in a good way or bad way? Can't really tell:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I'm just super-duper stressed and little tiny things are bugging me! Going to remain as calm as possible.....
    Story of my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I don't know much about Tchaikovsky's work (apart from the Nutcracker) but yeah, I heard he's used in ballet a lot

In our music school, we also name the rooms by composers and I have my lessons in 'Tchaikovsky'

Chopin Op 10 Etudes are great. My favourites are 2, 4 and 5. They're all so hard to play though T_T
    Like, seriously hard.

Chopin's Valse Op 64 No. 2 is nice as well, and his Nocturne in E Flat Major Op 9 No. 2 :yes: They'll probably sound very familiar
    VALENTINA! :love:
    :adore:
    Do you mean that in a good way or bad way? Can't really tell:giggle:
    It's not a bad or a good thing. It was so funny though at work today working with my friend Jess

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow....not good!
    Just remember who will pass their GCSEs and their words won't hurt as much!

It's a bit mean to wish someone to fail their GCSEs, after all it may not be entirely their fault they behave the way they do.

ReputationRep:
    VALENTINA! :love:
    :adore:

It's not a bad or a good thing. It was so funny though at work today working with my friend Jess
    Valentina OP OP OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Valentina OP OP OP
    She has mad skills - i wish I could play like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)

Like, seriously hard.

That's so interesting, we only have one music room...with Mr Timpany being the Music Teacher:')

Jeez, they all sound so hard!! Wow!!
    Do you play piano?

Oh yes, they are extremely familiar...something I probably listened to when I was younger!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.