Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview at Uni of Manchester yet? I have mine on the tenth, and I'm super worried, already been rejected from MMU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisa-101)
    Don't they give you a time frame in which to pass them by though?
    They do. I know that IOE did but I guess the sooner the better. Plus because it is something that you have to pass, doing that before your interview will demonstrate that extra commitment especially if your interviewed next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magic_box)
    Congratulations! I was in a similar position, have an offer from St Mary's and loved it at interview but went to my Roehampton interview anyway today and loved that as well! So now I am going to wait and see what happens and if I get an offer from both will have to choose I'm not the best at decision making!

So relieved all my interviews are done now and I can relax a little bit.
    Thank you!!! I am just so happy, it is definitely the place I feel like I would be most at home with.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to still go to Roehampton? If St Mary's was your first choice? I am in two minds to just withdraw and accept the offer. 1)it frees me up from any further interviews 2)I really do love it there!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fen2k)
    Roughly 3.5 hours. Not knowing how far apart Strathclyde and Glasgow are apart, I would say it's tight but do able. However, this is based upon English PGCE interview timings and I don't know if Scottish PGDEs will be different. If you can get one of them to change their date, I would.

Good luck

One of mine is from 9.30am until 4pm so be careful! Try and find out first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alishaaaliyah)
    They do. I know that IOE did but I guess the sooner the better. Plus because it is something that you have to pass, doing that before your interview will demonstrate that extra commitment especially if your interviewed next year.
    Oh I see. I have my interview on Thursday at IOE, then skills test booked for January. This is making me panic now as the earliest dates in January are towards the 20th etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo_Marie)
    If you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to still go to Roehampton? If St Mary's was your first choice? I am in two minds to just withdraw and accept the offer. 1)it frees me up from any further interviews 2)I really do love it there!!!
    Roehampton was originally my first choice - I was surprised by how much I loved St Mary's at interview! So I wanted to make sure I made the most of all my options

But if St Mary's is definitely where you want to go then I don't see a problem with withdrawing from your other choices and going for it! Just be really certain

ReputationRep:
    Track isn't letting me log in- is this the same for anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisa-101)
    Oh I see. I have my interview on Thursday at IOE, then skills test booked for January. This is making me panic now as the earliest dates in January are towards the 20th etc.
    Don't panic. Just focus on your interview first and then let them know you have it booked very soon. Good Luck at the IOE. It is a very friendly atmosphere there so you will be fine as long as you convey your passion for teaching.

ReputationRep:
    Roehampton was originally my first choice - I was surprised by how much I loved St Mary's at interview! So I wanted to make sure I made the most of all my options

But if St Mary's is definitely where you want to go then I don't see a problem with withdrawing from your other choices and going for it! Just be really certain
    At application and pre interview stage, both St Mary's and Roe were equally my first choice you see.... but after open day and interview, I really love the feeling of St Mary's. Thing is that they have offered me a place today, and I have been preparing my Roehampton interview (even made my object haha!)... and the sensible in me is saying, maybe I should go along anyway, and then there is that small part that thinks, if I accept within 24hrs, then it shows them how keen I am to go there...that and what if they fill up?!!!?

ReputationRep:
    Don't panic. Just focus on your interview first and then let them know you have it booked very soon. Good Luck at the IOE. It is a very friendly atmosphere there so you will be fine as long as you convey your passion for teaching.
    Thank you for the advice. Please keep me in your prayers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    Hoping for an interview this week because I've heard nothing so far... has anyone heard from Sunderland, Oxford Brookes, or Redcar & Cleveland SCITT yet for Primary?
    I had an interview for Oxford Brooke's primary earlier. Haven't applied to the other too so can't help you there! Hope you hear soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At application and pre interview stage, both St Mary's and Roe were equally my first choice you see.... but after open day and interview, I really love the feeling of St Mary's. Thing is that they have offered me a place today, and I have been preparing my Roehampton interview (even made my object haha!)... and the sensible in me is saying, maybe I should go along anyway, and then there is that small part that thinks, if I accept within 24hrs, then it shows them how keen I am to go there...that and what if they fill up?!!!?
    I'm not 100% certain on this but I'm pretty sure if they have offered you a place you are within your rights to wait for responses for all your unis and they can't just suddenly say "sorry we're full now" .... anyone know more about this than me?

It sounds to me like you've made a decision! Go for where you feel you will be happiest.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I was just wondering if anyone had heard back from Bishop Grosseteste yet? Feel like I've been waiting forever to hear back from them!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not 100% certain on this but I'm pretty sure if they have offered you a place you are within your rights to wait for responses for all your unis and they can't just suddenly say "sorry we're full now" .... anyone know more about this than me?

It sounds to me like you've made a decision! Go for where you feel you will be happiest.
    Thanks, it is the same as what I have read too, the 10 days only starting once we have heard back from all 3, I just don't want to take any chances, and I also feel that if I withdraw, it will give other people a chance at the other two places.

How are you feeling having been back to Roe today? Does one appeal more to you?

ReputationRep:
    Heya lads and lasses!
    I've applied to Cumbria, Edge Hill and Kingsbridge (primary) and was just offered a place at Cumbria today I was genuinely shocked as everybody else seemed so much better than me in the interviews! Has anyone else applied there?
    I've also had an interview for the Kingsbridge SCITT and was told I'd find out before xmas, so fingers crossed

ReputationRep:

You have a time frame in which to respond. You dont have to accept straight away. It should state on your track when you click on the subject. I would say if you are questioning it then go along to the interview. At the end of the day you have nothing to lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ros1978)
    Im nervous too! My interview for SD is tomorrow and its all day! I have some info on the new NC which I will swot up on tonight and have made notes on the articles given for a group discussion . I dont know what else to read up on though? Maybe free schools and academies?

Good luck to you!!

Ros
    Just wondering how your interview went today? I had mine today for SDS but am not feeling particularly confident even though I made it through the first round and stayed for the afternoon session. Apparently I'll hear back (either way) in the next 2-3 days. Ekk!

ReputationRep:
    You have a time frame in which to respond. You dont have to accept straight away. It should state on your track when you click on the subject. I would say if you are questioning it then go along to the interview. At the end of the day you have nothing to lose.
    Hey, quoting as I think you meant Jo_Marie (she is the one with the interview )

Thanks, it is the same as what I have read too, the 10 days only starting once we have heard back from all 3, I just don't want to take any chances, and I also feel that if I withdraw, it will give other people a chance at the other two places.

How are you feeling having been back to Roe today? Does one appeal more to you?
    I loved it there as well! I am just going to wait and see what happens and see how I feel if I do get another offer

ReputationRep:
    I need to teach a skill or some knowledge (to my peers so not sure if its to be aimed at primary level children or not) as part of my interview? Anyone got any ideas what i could do? I read a while ago someone said they did theirs on internet safety but not sure what to do mine on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hllovt)
    well done!! I got an interview invite for Bath for the 15th as well! When is yours? Xx
    the 15th as well! hello hectic couple of days xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.