Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Bristol Rovers are the first side in 10 years to immediately bounce back to League 2. Credit where it's due for an impressive achievement.
    i'm so happy for them.
    they're basically my lower-league team
    followed them for years now, ever since the Lambert days

wish i could follow them more than i do though - i seldom have time to do anything more than check results, maybe the occasional highlights.
    always play as them on FIFA so at least that's something

Clubs have announced their retained and released lists, with a few good players from Championship clubs available.
    liverpool to make several 20m offers then :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Mowbray confirmed as Cov boss on a 2 year deal, season ticket sales expected to go up significantly as a result, great news.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Mowbray confirmed as Cov boss on a 2 year deal, season ticket sales expected to go up significantly as a result, great news.
    Very good stuff. No doubt your retained list will follow swiftly now he's in charge.

ReputationRep:
    Very good stuff. No doubt your retained list will follow swiftly now he's in charge.
    Haha it will be a short one I suspect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just waiting for our retained list. Mainly interested o see whether Ricketts is going to join the coaching staff or not. Guess it depends on the Playoff Final.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Haha it will be a short one I suspect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nouble gone, but he's a bit mercurial at best so no surprises there.

Big fan of Ipswich's new kit.

ReputationRep:
    Blackpool with just 10 senior players now (and no manager) - relegation next season

ReputationRep:
    Nouble gone, but he's a bit mercurial at best so no surprises there.

Big fan of Ipswich's new kit.
    I agree with most of it although I am surprised to see Tudgay on there, he has offered very little this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I agree with most of it although I am surprised to see Tudgay on there, he has offered very little this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Model pro, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like its Uwe Rosler for Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    It was Nigel Adkins last week, and Hasselbaink the week before that

ReputationRep:
    Sheringham to Stevenage would be good. Where more ex players should start themselves off, its worked well for quite a few of them already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    It was Nigel Adkins last week, and Hasselbaink the week before that
    You should go for Pressley, he'll get you out of the Championship in record time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's Rosler.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Bolton yet to tie down Gudjohnsen or Heskey on new deals, but Lennon's signed Gary Madine from Blackpool. Christ. I take back what I said about them challenging for the play-offs with Lennon having a full pre-season picking his own squad...

ReputationRep:
    Bolton yet to tie down Gudjohnsen or Heskey on new deals, but Lennon's signed Gary Madine from Blackpool. Christ. I take back what I said about them challenging for the play-offs with Lennon having a full pre-season picking his own squad...
    He was very average for us in L1 so his prospects can't be good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    He was very average for us in L1 so his prospects can't be good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't believe he's still at a second tier club. Stealing a living.

ReputationRep:
    McClaren looks to be on his way out, but not by his choice.

Crunch talks going on in the next 24 hours and it looks like he'll be replaced by Paul Clement, only a week after Mac reiterated his commitment to the club.

It all seems a bit odd to me but you can't argue with Clement's pedigree. And to not reach the play-offs from the position we were in is a colossal failure on the manager's part.

Going to be an interesting Summer, that's for sure :rolleyes:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Scott129)
    McClaren looks to be on his way out, but not by his choice.

Crunch talks going on in the next 24 hours and it looks like he'll be replaced by Paul Clement, only a week after Mac reiterated his commitment to the club.

It all seems a bit odd to me but you can't argue with Clement's pedigree. And to not reach the play-offs from the position we were in is a colossal failure on the manager's part.

Going to be an interesting Summer, that's for sure :rolleyes:
    You can't argue with Clement's supposed ability, but the only question mark that surrounds him is whether he can be the leader of a club rather than in the back-seat. Intriguing one, for sure. Great, brave and bolt appointment, though. Could reap benefits.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like we are on the verge of signing Jed Wallace. Another very exciting young signing by the team!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 22, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.