(Original post by Zürich)
    And Ramsey?
    And AOC?
    And Podolski?
    And Cazorla?
    And Ozil?
    And Arteta?
    And Wilshere?

These players were also out for months at a time. They're worth a few points I'm sure you'll agree. It's fair enough for people to say that Arsenal's injury problems are our own doing, but it's quite another to pretend that we didn't have much worse injury issues than any other team this season.
    Don't forget Koscielny!!

The muscle strains are entirely our fault because they tend to happen due to over playing. However torn ACLs and broken bones can't be attributed to the medical team. So that's Theo, Ox and Wilshere that all suffered from injures in which the medical team couldn't control. The rest of our injuries are ridiculous and if you have a player pulling a muscle in the first 2 minutes of a game, you have a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Yes but we are flat track bullies and usually compensate for our failings against the big teams by beating all the smaller teams, simple.

Dzeko, Negredo & Jovetic are sufficient cover for Aguero as we've seen. We have no one to replace Theo in that regard.

Lol so who would you have suggested considering we weren't even interested in Salah, so I don't know why you are so hung up over him. Even if we matched him wages, Chelsea would just offer more.

We weren't interested in him and those we were interested in were not available in January, and if they were, only for silly money.

The lack of a Winger didn't cost us the league, but rather not having sufficient cover for Giroud when he was running on fumes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not really simple, because i'm talking about being title contenders and you're talking about finishing 4th. To win the league you HAVE to take points of big teams.

Could've gone for Konoplynka (however you spell it) like Liverpool did, he's highly rated. Griezmann (may not have come tbf) etc. Should've gone for Salah as well.

Chelsea went all the way with just wingers. Nobody contributes with goals apart from Giroud and Ramsey.
    (Original post by Zürich)
    And Ramsey?
    And AOC?
    And Podolski?
    And Cazorla?
    And Ozil?
    And Arteta?
    And Wilshere?

These players were also out for months at a time. They're worth a few points I'm sure you'll agree. It's fair enough for people to say that Arsenal's injury problems are our own doing, but it's quite another to pretend that we didn't have much worse injury issues than any other team this season.
    Could say that about us considering Rooney was injured for a period of time, RVP was out for most of the season, Jones missed extended parts.

Then for City Kompany missed vital games, Aguero was out as I said, Yaya missed a fair few as well. Agree that it led to you slipping up but every team has injury crisis you just have to get over them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Land of hope and glory
    We all follow the Arsenal
    Over land and sea ( and Leicester)
    We all follow the Arsenal
    Into victory!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You got a couple hours til the final so you might wanna chill!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    I see the thread is in full swing...

ReputationRep:
    walcott, AOC and Gnabry haven't developed as well as I hoped this season.

Hope they have big seasons next year!

ReputationRep:
    It will be good for both football and the FA cup, if Hull City were to win today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Peggles was so right yesterday.

Almost every fan wants to see Arsenal fail much more than they want to see Hull succeed. They don't give a **** about Hull

True haters
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...arsenal-v-hull

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    It will be good for both football and the FA cup, if Hull City were to win today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha I'm sure it would be but we all know, deep down, Arsenal are going to win. It's gunna be so sweet seeing Wenger lift that trophy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heiljoe)
    But what about when Chelsea won 6 - 0?
    Money can't buy you history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    haha I'm sure it would be but we all know, deep down, Arsenal are going to win. It's gunna be so sweet seeing Wenger lift that trophy.
    Yeah exactly lol.

If fans from other teams take away the hate, the pride of not liking Arsenal at any cost and the immaturity, they'll realise how much Wenger deserves to lift a trophy after all these years, and how it'll actually be good for football as whole when he does.

ReputationRep:
    If Hull park the bus and win, then I don't see how that's good for football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heiljoe)
    walcott, AOC and Gnabry haven't developed as well as I hoped this season.

Hope they have big seasons next year!
    Serge developed quite fine, no :dontknow:

Got a decent number of games and was generally impactful in those games. Playing well and not been intimidated against the convicts from Stoke was good viewing. Don't know what else he could've done. We were challenging of title for majority of the season so we couldn't really afford to give him too much of an extended run.

ReputationRep:
    ^ He just wants to be quoted. Don't care about him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Peggles was so right yesterday.

Almost every fan wants to see Arsenal fail much more than they want to see Hull succeed. They don't give a **** about Hull

True haters
    Why are we surprised by this? It's standard protocol. You always want to back the lesser team when it isn't your team playing. I backed Wigan last year and pretty sure everyone here did. Only time I was conflicted was when City were playing Stoke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Why are we surprised by this? It's standard protocol. You always want to back the lesser team when it isn't your team playing. I backed Wigan last year and pretty sure everyone here did. Only time I was conflicted was when City were playing Stoke.
    I just feel like Arsenal as a whole get a
    lot more hate when we shouldn't do. To be fair we are one of the few teams left with class. For some reason we get hate by almost every premier league team. We havnt even been challenging for any trophies haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qua)
    If Hull park the bus and win, then I don't see how that's good for football.
    Of course you would say that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If Hull win the FA Cup they immediately get seven more games to play next season, otherwise they'll have that two-legged qualifying round which they can happily lose. Surely, staying in the Premier League is more important to them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    This is the Bayern Munich experience. Everybody wants you to fail at every turn. There's too many haters who are jelly of Arsenal cause their own season has been a complete shambles.

Be Honest who wasn't laughing their heads off during the CL Semi final. Who isn't backing Dortmund tonite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    If Hull win the FA Cup they immediately get seven more games to play next season, otherwise they'll have that two-legged qualifying round which they can happily lose. Surely, staying in the Premier League is more important to them?
    How much money do the FA cup winners get?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.