Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by auroa17)
    I have been rejected from IM too! :/ I was wondering if anyone knows whether you are still able to apply to their training contract this year. So I applied for the training contract and vacation scheme and have been rejected but could potentially re submit a TC application this year or would I have to wait until next year?

Would also be grateful of any face to face interview tips!
    Ah, sorry about the PFO do you mind if I ask what stream/office? Good luck for your other apps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazooo)
    But there's no absolute bar on applying again is there? I may try and improve my application to apply next year, although I think once you get rejected they probably remember your name/application so I won't be getting my hopes up.
    I'm applying to a couple of firms again that I got rejected from last year- some firms mention about applying a 2nd time under their FAQs, so if there is a specific firm you want to apply to perhaps have a look on their website

Generally I think firms are okay about you applying again provided you have more to add/something that will improve your application i.e. don't reapply with the same application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkkkk)
    If you cant show you've improved somehow - like theres something drastically different that you've done - maybe taken a role up as a paralegal or something. I don't really see the point.
    I don't think that's true. One of my interviews went a bit wrong because it was my first ever job interview and I was nervous. Others went wrong for other reasons which I could very easily correct next time. A couple of the firms say on the website not to apply again, but others I have specifically asked and they said I would not be disadvantaged if I applied again. And one firm rejected me but said at the beginning of the interview to apply again if I got rejected, and they invited me to an open day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawTC)
    Hey, have you had an AC with Squires?
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    My relationship with White & Case: "say something I'm giving up on you".

ReputationRep:
    Finally got my PFO from Freshfields but it said
    "I wanted to let you know personally that we were impressed with your application. I would be keen for you to apply for a training contract with us when the time is right. That fact that you will not have done a vacation scheme with us would not prejudice your application. There are plenty of people at Freshfields who trained here but did not do a vac scheme at the firm (myself included)"

is that a generic "sorry but please apply again" email or actually something personal? kind of hard to tell. I shouldn't have even applied I'm penultimate non-law and didn't realise that firms outside magic circle need you to wait till third year.

Hope this is at least a little reassuring for anyone thats been waiting AGES for their firms - Freshfields took 7 weeks to get back to me after I completed the tests. Perhaps (if this isn't a generic email) firms do put some applications in a maybe pile, ones they are actually literally still considering? I obvs didn't make the cut but I will apply for a TC!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by auroa17)
    I spoke to a trainee at the law fair and she applied and got rejected first time and then re applied and got accepted. She said don't give up if you get rejected once, if you want it bad enough just keep applying
    Did she reapply the year after? I was thinking of applying in summer again for a TC only, but worried this may be too early? I think my application was fine, it was the interview that I screwed up

(Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Ah, sorry about the PFO do you mind if I ask what stream/office? Good luck for your other apps
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    I'm applying to a couple of firms again that I got rejected from last year- some firms mention about applying a 2nd time under their FAQs, so if there is a specific firm you want to apply to perhaps have a look on their website

Generally I think firms are okay about you applying again provided you have more to add/something that will improve your application i.e. don't reapply with the same application.
    Thanks for your replies guys.

TrainingChopeful, I applied for London PLS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaMay14)
    I shouldn't have even applied I'm penultimate non-law and didn't realise that firms outside magic circle need you to wait till third year.
    What do you mean by this? - Freshfields is a magic circle firm..

It's definitely not generic, my rejection from Freshfields was far more abrupt - plenty to be optimistic about!

Probably would have been interviewed had you applied earlier in the process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    What do you mean by this? - Freshfields is a magic circle firm..

It's definitely not generic, my rejection from Freshfields was far more abrupt - plenty to be optimistic about!

I applied to Freshfields and Allen and Overy, and went on to apply to others and pretty much every single one said non-law should apply in final year so it wasn't until then I realised! I felt so dumb I should have waited until I had more experience/knowledge like my final year or even GDL.. Ah well this email has made me feel better and I'm just going to apply for vac schemes next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)

And thank you! I think interview stage is where I'll totally flop haha. No vac schemes this year

ReputationRep:
    So can we confirm that Taylor Wessing has finished with their recruiting?

Also has anyone heard back from Bird & Bird post-WG?

Finally does anyone have any advice for first round interviews? I can't seem to get past the interview with Grad Recruitment and have another coming up and I feel as though I ramble on in my answer. Does anyone have any tips or anywhere I can look for advice?

ReputationRep:
    finally! got the link for the Baker & McKenzie situational judgment test and the results from my Reed Smith situational judgment test.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Have you heard back from them? Which office did you apply? I am still waiting

(Original post by boolive)
    Does anyone know what Squire Patton Boggs assessment day involves?

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard from withers or bootle hatfield yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrie12345)
    anyone heard from withers or bootle hatfield yet
    Nothing from Boodle yet but a couple of people on here have been offered interviews. When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone willing to call up Taylor Wessing and confirm if their Vac Scheme recruitment cycle is over?

ReputationRep:
    anyone get the reed smith strengths assessment report today? they're taking so long with this application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawTC)
    Brilliant, good luck for it! Did they email you or call you to invite you to interview?
    Thanks, nervous as hell. They emailed me. If you are waiting for a response from them, good luck

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a face to face with DWF or any advice ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had a Bristows video interview?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.