Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Jamiroquai fan?
    Yes. Huge fan.

Kozzaaaaaaaaa

ReputationRep:
    No ball control from Sanogo. Guy must be frustrating to play with.

ReputationRep:
    Is koscielny better at set pieces then Mertesacker lmao

ReputationRep:
    No ball control from Sanogo. Guy must be frustrating to play with.
    He's like Bamby on ice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We look set for another season of terrible chance creation and boring football. Why do our team seem incapable of any decent off the ball movement? Wenger should sit the lads down and just watch man city DVDs for our match preparation

ReputationRep:
    Need to sort our left side out. I'd bring on Ox for Santi. Kelly having easy time atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Yes. Huge fan.

Kozzaaaaaaaaa
    Nice.

I like all their albums bar rock dust light star. Wasn't the greatest.

Favourite tunes from them are Scam and Starchild.

ReputationRep:
    Goal was Sanchez' fault.
    How? Its zonal, not man marking... Koscielny was clearly at fault there, but ultimately a lack of communication which led to it. If Mertesacker was playing I doubt this would happen.

ReputationRep:
    need sanogo to break his african juju curse, hasn't been as disruptive as normal.

ReputationRep:
    I hate zonal marking. Why do we insist on it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    We look set for another season of terrible chance creation and boring football. Why do our team seem incapable of any decent off the ball movement? Wenger should sit the lads down and just watch man city DVDs for our match preparation
    Just because TP was left a day ago doesn't mean Palace will suddenly change their style. This is practically TP team out today with his tactics, so you shouldn't prematurely judge Arsenal chance creation on this match. Palace are currently difficult opposition to break down, as we've seen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    How? Its zonal, not man marking... Koscielny was clearly at fault there, but ultimately a lack of communication which led to it. If Mertesacker was playing I doubt this would happen.
    I find the problem of allowing Hangelaand to get a run on the defenders. At least grab him if he's going to get into a dangerous area.

I'm a fan of zonal marking but Sanchez should have been a bit more aggressive. He just allows him to get a run which is the one thing you shouldn't do when defending set pieces. Even if you're in your zone if they've done a perfect corner it's impossible to stop it because he's got a run into the right area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Just because TP was left a day ago doesn't mean Palace will suddenly change their style. This is practically TP team out today with his tactics, so you shouldn't prematurely judge Arsenal chance creation on this match. Palace are currently difficult opposition to break down, as we've seen
    I won't hold my breath tbh how many games last season did it take us 30+mins just to register a shot on target. We never get in behind anyone unless Walcott is playing the team just do stupid 1-2s on the edge of the box and lose possession

ReputationRep:
    Nice.

I like all their albums bar rock dust light star. Wasn't the greatest.

Favourite tunes from them are Scam and Starchild.
    Scam is a great tune. She's A Fast Persuader off Rock Dust Light Star is a tune though.

The first 5 albums are sublime, personally my favourite is Travelling Without Moving, I can never listen to Sykronized the whole way though as I find that album a little "dark" (I guess it was with all Jay Kay's drug taking) but A Funk Odyssey is a complete redemption.

If I had to pick my favourite tunes, I'd probably go with You Give Me Something, Mr Moon, Hooked Up, Soul Education, and the Abbey Road version of Travelling Without Moving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    I won't hold my breath tbh how many games last season did it take us 30+mins just to register a shot on target. We never get in behind anyone unless Walcott is playing the team just do stupid 1-2s on the edge of the box and lose possession
    Last season yeah we had problems that's because there was an obviously lack of pace in the team. We've addressed that with Campbell and Sanchez add pace.

Palace are parking the bus, They're specially playing to stifle Arsenal by denying us space in behind. It's so obvious why can't you see this

ReputationRep:
    Scam is a great tune. She's A Fast Persuader off Rock Dust Light Star is a tune though.

The first 5 albums are sublime, personally my favourite is Travelling Without Moving, I can never listen to Sykronized the whole way though as I find that album a little "dark" (I guess it was with all Jay Kay's drug taking) but A Funk Odyssey is a complete redemption.

If I had to pick my favourite tunes, I'd probably go with You Give Me Something, Mr Moon, Hooked Up, Soul Education, and the Abbey Road version of Travelling Without Moving.
    Travelling without moving :hi5:

Yeah fast persuader is a good tune tbf.

Synkronized I got used to it but yeah felt a bit dark like you say although Canned heat was very good. Funk Odyssey. Genuinely can't find a best album. Emergency on Planet earth to Dynamite were all good. Synkronized probably the weakest of them but still good. Probs will choose Return of Space Cowboy or TWM.

How can I forget Mr Moon and Soul Education. Good tune are the songs on the B side of a funk odyssey, everybody's going to the moon and Do it Like We Used To Do.

ReputationRep:

Travelling without moving :hi5:

Yeah fast persuader is a good tune tbf.

Synkronized I got used to it but yeah felt a bit dark like you say although Canned heat was very good. Funk Odyssey. Genuinely can't find a best album. Emergency on Planet earth to Dynamite were all good. Synkronized probably the weakest of them but still good. Probs will choose Return of Space Cowboy or TWM.

How can I forget Mr Moon and Soul Education. Good tune are the songs on the B side of a funk odyssey, everybody's going to the moon and Do it Like We Used To Do.
    >>>>> misc thread

ReputationRep:
    I find the problem of allowing Hangelaand to get a run on the defenders. At least grab him if he's going to get into a dangerous area.

I'm a fan of zonal marking but Sanchez should have been a bit more aggressive. He just allows him to get a run which is the one thing you shouldn't do when defending set pieces. Even if you're in your zone if they've done a perfect corner it's impossible to stop it because he's got a run into the right area.
    There was no need for him to go with the runner because Haageland moved to Koscielny's space, Alexis has no responsibility to defend that area, and if he moves to that side he leaves the far left vulnerable. It was a soft goal to concede, again due to lack of communication.

People can blame the system but we have been using it for over two years now and our defensive record has only improved since incorporating it. Last year we had the best defensive record from set pieces. Szcz prefers it, too.

ReputationRep:
    Gibbs injured again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Monreal on. :afraid:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.