• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by dumb cabbage)
    Hey everyone, obviously im a year 11 and I have chosen my alevel subjects, they are;
    psychology
    mathmatics
    textiles
    business studies
    why do you all think of them, are they the easy subjects or the hard ones?
    The only one out of them that I do is maths Whether you find them easy or hard depends on your GCSE grades in them
    What do you plan to do after A Level?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    It said 'Karma'. :ahee:
    Here-

Can you see the new one? :colone:

^ :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I like that one

No but I've seen it before on Tumblr:yes:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Yep. :laugh:

Will do! + *swimming :mmm:

^ Now do you think I've watched that film?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No

ReputationRep:
    Guys I am really depressed, I moved house in October n I live 2 hours away from skl now! All my friends are revising 24/7 but I just can't i live with my uncle now as he lives closer to my school this means I only see my family on the weekend. I just miss them a lot n I can't revise. For my mocks I got 1B 1A 2Ds n 4Cs plz help me on the weekends I just watch TV talk with family as I miss them a lot instead of revising n on school days I can't do anything cuz I just think of family issues n everything sorry I don't know what I am saying. But I just feel like a loser n a piece of lazy s*** it's all cuz of me I am too lazy before I moved i always aimed for As n now I'm far from it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    The only one out of them that I do is maths Whether you find them easy or hard depends on your GCSE grades in them
    What do you plan to do after A Level?
    I think I'm doing well but I guess you can never be too sure and after a levels I am hoping to go to university to either study psychology or business im not too sure yet but I think I'm siding more to psychology, so what are you doing?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I think I'm doing well but I guess you can never be too sure and after a levels I am hoping to go to university to either study psychology or business im not too sure yet but I think I'm siding more to psychology, so what are you doing?
    Your subjects are good then :yep: I'd probably drop textiles at A2 if you drop anything
    I'm in year 12 atm, want to do law at uni :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Your subjects are good then :yep: I'd probably drop textiles at A2 if you drop anything
    I'm in year 12 atm, want to do law at uni :yep:
    That's good, but I don't know how I'll manage in alevel to be honest 😕 Law? That's a good choice do you find it difficult or easy? And have you planned what university you would like to go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I know, but you can't find pictures by swimming :mmm:
    :teehee:

(Original post by Mr...)
    I like that one

No but I've seen it before on Tumblr:yes:

No
    Same! :ahee: ... but I wish it showed up.

Kk.

:lolwut: Why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Obvs me - nah, currently in the middle of mocks and realising how much more work I'll have to put in between now and uh....

Currently taking latin - not so lucky... If greek is anything like it, then I'm outta here...
    And it's ancient greek fyi. So verse and prose -- the bane of my existence...

Hahaha same here too. I kinda failed my mocks but they didn't go as bad as I thought. You will be fine
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    That's good, but I don't know how I'll manage in alevel to be honest Law? That's a good choice do you find it difficult or easy? And have you planned what university you would like to go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You'll be fiiiine
    I've not actually studied it before :nah: You don't need to have studied it, just have an interest and relevant skills I'd like to go to Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fiiiine
    I've not actually studied it before :nah: You don't need to have studied it, just have an interest and relevant skills I'd like to go to Cambridge
    Haha hopefully, and that's good you probably will get I to Cambridge just do your best

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    has anyone started revising for may and june? if so how much a day if not when do u plan to start

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha27)
    has anyone started revising for may and june? if so how much a day if not when do u plan to start

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I plan to soon, probably mid February with an hour each day steadily increasing towards exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimeFreak101)
    I had that yesterday. I'd say memorise it just like you would writing and just say it out. If possible get someone french to record themselves saying it. Listen to french songs to get an idea of the accent. Watch youtube videos to try learning the uvila trill [don't think I spelt tht ryt but u can still find it] This is somewhat key as it's the basis of the accent.

Well Gd luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, my speaking was okay but I could have done better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My English language control assessment is coming up soon, we are comparing power in Macbeth and Animal Farm, any tips or suggestions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's the best tip for revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    Thanks, my speaking was okay but I could have done better

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same for me. Next time I'm definitely going to get an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hussel)
    Guys I am really depressed, I moved house in October n I live 2 hours away from skl now! All my friends are revising 24/7 but I just can't i live with my uncle now as he lives closer to my school this means I only see my family on the weekend. I just miss them a lot n I can't revise. For my mocks I got 1B 1A 2Ds n 4Cs plz help me on the weekends I just watch TV talk with family as I miss them a lot instead of revising n on school days I can't do anything cuz I just think of family issues n everything sorry I don't know what I am saying. But I just feel like a loser n a piece of lazy s*** it's all cuz of me I am too lazy before I moved i always aimed for As n now I'm far from it
    It's not because you are lazy. You are in some pretty unfortunate circumstances that are naturally having an effect on you. It's not your fault, neither is it anyone's.

That being said, have you tried talking to your school about it? They may be able to help you plan your revision out and give you extra help to get your grades back up. And don't worry about revising 24/7 just yet - chances are your friends will get burned out and stressed way before exams even start. As my dad says, what's the point in remembering everything in March?

Hope all is well soon. Keep smiling

Edit: you might find talking to usycool about this useful, he managed to get some very impressive grades under some bad circumstances too.

ReputationRep:
    Mock Spanish results, ohmygods >_<

Speaking: A - the worst part is that I'm one percent off of an A*

Listening: A. I was expecting a B from this as it went horridly (e.g. I thought "moto trial" was mock trial -_-), so I've surprised myself

Reading: B, though I was only two marks or so off of an A. This grade is probably subject to change as my paper was marked incorrectly; amendments, I've been told, will be made tomorrow in class as we will be going through our tests then.

Writing: B. This was absolutely horrid, especially since I struggle with fitting in c.18 verbs into each writing component; I'm hoping to improve this, though I'm not entirely sure how to save for copious amounts of practice and past papers.

Overall, it gives me a B (为什么为什么) which is a major disappointment as I'm on a predicted grade A, but oh well ...

ReputationRep:
    what came for the JANUARY 2015 ENGLISH IGCSE ?
    I AM ASKING FOR THE ANTHOLOGY TOPICS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_2014)
    what came for the JANUARY 2015 ENGLISH IGCSE ?
    I AM ASKING FOR THE ANTHOLOGY TOPICS
    If you mean iGCSE World Lit topics, then I did mine based upon social injustice and how it is reflected in Muliebrity and Carpet Weavers, Morocco, for example.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.