Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioAgent)
    I need to destroy this paper for my A but I dont think its gonna happen.
    YES YOU CAN!! JUST DO IT!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuHfVn_cfHU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioAgent)
    I need to destroy this paper for my A but I dont think its gonna happen.
    Dont worry bro. Everyone will fail cos we all have a shiz load of exams this week and stuff

Boundaries gonna drop like to 60 for an A

It's possible brah. It's possible :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beni24)
    How much genetics stuff will come up?
    I think big question on genetic cross, meaning of some keywords like allele, then chi-squared calculation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Worth doing an all nighter? Last exam and need a high C?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutcracker20)
    how old
    Like 07-10 papers

ReputationRep:
    Hit "like" if you're so ****ed for this exam, and all you want to do is just sleep, describes me right now tbh ://

ReputationRep:
    predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich*****)
    Because I literally know nothing as I've been busy watching TV for 5 days in a hospital and I finally got out! I'll do an allnighter, after all it is my last and final exam!!!!!
    does anyone have any tips and resources I could use please it's urgent!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would say briefly go over the wishy washy chapters like ecosystems, as a lot of it is common sense. Definitely go over genetics! It's such a big chapter there is bound to be multiple questions on it. I'm going through past papers and looking up the questions/topics I really get stuck on, good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanna get laid)
    Dont worry bro. Everyone will fail cos we all have a shiz load of exams this week and stuff

Boundaries gonna drop like to 60 for an A

It's possible brah. It's possible :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Physics unit 5 the day after F215....

ReputationRep:
    Can someone PLeASE tell me why there are two ways to sequence a genome and which one I should use if they ask. In the OCR book on page 166 they say the method of using BACS which I haven't learnt because a few pages ahead 172 they give another method using fluorescent markers so which one do I use

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domcandrews)
    Hit "like" if you're so ****ed for this exam, and all you want to do is just sleep, describes me right now tbh ://
    same here so tired had psychology exam this morning and all i wanna do is sleep...but cannot fail biology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakedbeans247)
    YES YOU CAN!! JUST DO IT!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuHfVn_cfHU
    Bro If Ramadan is tomorrow its gonna be peek!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student23478)
    Like 07-10 papers
    this had 2010 papers if that any help http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications...ogy-h021-h421/

ReputationRep:
    same here so tired had psychology exam this morning and all i wanna do is sleep...but cannot fail biology
    Yeah should be illegal to have this many exams in a short space of time, I mean where are my human rights? Pray for low grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    how can you know which vector to use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tewas)
    Anybody have any questions they want answered?
    can you put the nitrogen cycle into a serious of bullet points please?

ReputationRep:
    Ok everybody, i got a wicked plan

If we all get 0 marks tomorrow on purpose then maybe grade boundary will be 0 marks for full ums :smug:

But this will only work if like everyone gets 0 marks ok. So no cheating
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenjadex)
    Can anyone give me an overview of the advantages of innate behaviour?
    Survival:
    -animals able to respond quickly to predators to avoid being killed
    -animals respond quickly to be able to catch prey
    -helps animal stay in an advantageous habitat (eg kinesis helps woodlice. Stay in humid conditions)
    -doesn't require any thought, learning or practice, the animal is always ready

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lychees)
    Can someone PLeASE tell me why there are two ways to sequence a genome and which one I should use if they ask. In the OCR book on page 166 they say the method of using BACS which I haven't learnt because a few pages ahead 172 they give another method using fluorescent markers so which one do I use
    There are several different methods of sequencing it. I recon if it comes up it'll accept both methods as both methods are correct and are in the OCR 'approved' books.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got any tips for conservation and ecosystems and plant hormones and animal behavior cannot get my head round them
    I resorted to making a dance for each of the plant hormones as they weren't sticking in my head. I look like an idiot when I do it but remembering the steps with each hormone is actual really helpful! I recommend it

Cutting out the main waffle of the other topics, my basic notes to remember are:

Conservation:
    -Dynamic, maintenance of biodiversity
    -Require management and reclamation
    -Includes preservation of organisms that are at risk of human activity

Preservation:
    -Protection of areas unused and untouched by humans

Behaviour is split into learned and innate.

Innate:
    Stereotypical, inherited.
    This behaviour is most important to those with short life spans that live solitary lifestyles and don't need to care for their offspring.

Learned:
    Modified, based on experience.
    e.g. associative learning
    Beneficial for those with longer life spans that have time to learn

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.