Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Remember being at the NLD in Sep 2013 half expecting a thumping from that lot, media had me believing they'd signed top quality.

10 minutes in seeing Paulinho pass backwards and Lamela run down blind alleys with Flamini on #shutdown was enough to remind me that Spuds gonna Spud

Atmosphere was unreal tbh. ''What a waste of money'' :laugh:

Also: ''We sold Elvis to buy the Beatles'' :laugh:

Spurs are absolutely tragic, I dont even hate anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    x
    This basically. Wenger is banking on the stability within the squad to continue of our end of season form, I don't see any why reason it can't continue except for injuries but even then we have good depth except at CDM. It should very interesting to see how the season goes I think we'll have a very good chance if we start well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    This basically. Wenger is banking on the stability within the squad to continue of our end of season form, I don't see any why reason it can't continue except for injuries but even then we have good depth except at CDM. It should very interesting to see how the season goes I think we'll have a very good chance if we start well
    We need consistency over a season more than a huge signing tbh

ReputationRep:
    Think the game at the Bridge might be crucial

Cant just go there, play offensively and leave with f.a. as usual. Need to be very Machiavellian in that game

ReputationRep:
    We could just stick Akpom down the middle when Giroud gets injured :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I'm more worried about lack of depth at CDM than striker (although I'd still like an improvement on Giroud, wouldn't we all).

But if we sell Flamini and Coq gets injured (or drops in form, which defo isn't out of the question) we'll be in trouble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayles101)
    Assuming a centre back is bought which is very likely, where are these major flaws out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If we're assuming a centre back is signed should we not also assume a new goalkeeper will be needed (well 2 as Valdes is all but gone and the only way ramos is signing is if de gea leaves). I'd still say you need a rb, rafael is not top class imo. Another winger is also surely needed, as both Di Maria and Young are often out of form.
    In terms of squad depth another cam and possibly b2b, another back up winger and possibly another striker.

The main reason I don't see you winning the league is that you have a fair few new players, it'll be rough to get them gelling quickly enough for a title charge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I will be disappointed if the window ends for us as things are.

Chelsea - Falcao
    City- Sterling
    United- Do we even need to analyse this one?
    Liverpool- This too?

The above (arguably bar Liverpool) all had better first teams than us last season. YET are still strengthening during this window. All we've brought in is a goal keeper. Would love to see two more come in ngl.
    Liverpool better first team, you been on the good kush kush prod?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    We need consistency over a season more than a huge signing tbh
    We'll see if the players can last the distance this time round. Over the last couple years they've only really turned up for one half the season anyway for whatever reason. I'd like to think Wenger has made the depth in our our squad strong enough to negate injuries lot better than previous years too. So hopefully we can avoid situation like going to Stamford Bridge with zero pace up front and having our full backs insanely high up the pitch to compensate.

Think the game at the Bridge might be crucialCant just go there, play offensively and leave with f.a. as usual. Need to be very Machiavellian in that game
    It should be very interesting this time round tbh I don't think we did too badly last year in terms of competency, shape, mentality and defensive awareness. Obviously offensively we just couldn't crack the nut that day, I think Theo and Ox especially could be vital.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Liverpool better first team, you been on the good kush kush prod?
    I put a subtle disclaimer in ('arguably'). Before the pitch forks came out. :lol:

(Original post by e aí rapaz)
    I'm more worried about lack of depth at CDM than striker (although I'd still like an improvement on Giroud, wouldn't we all).

But if we sell Flamini and Coq gets injured (or drops in form, which defo isn't out of the question) we'll be in trouble.
    Agreed.

x
    Thoughts? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    To be honest - Coquelin, Monreal even Giroud can all potentially have a below-par season (as with any player), but if you take those 3 specifically into matters their replacements are Gibbs, Arteta and possibly Theo/Akpom (not going to mention Welbeck) assuming injuries haven't been emanated within the squad.

I've already explained that Theo cannot play the strikers position given his height and lack of physical presence but come on guys... how can expect to win anything realistically when we don't strengthen on our key positions... Wenger must have A LOT of faith in the boys atm.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't be happy at all with flam leaving with no cdm signed. I guess we'll have to wait and see but eight now we're in "making a profit" territory considering all the deadwood being signed. I see is buying benz late on in the window of reus or llorente joins them.

Tbf I've said for the last year we need a top first XI and a very good 22 man squad (i.e. depth in every position). Right now I would say we have 19 of them (not including Arteta, Welbeck, Flam, Campbell). We're getting close

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, the disrespect Gibbs is getting on here is arguably more disgusting than the hate flam gets. Guy isn't exceptional but before last season he would have been considered one of the best lb's in England. Real example of small mistakes making peoples minds up creating an irrational hatred of the player.

Secondly since when is LB a key position ffs.

ReputationRep:
    It was Tuttomercatoweb who reported that ffs Don't get swept up in the click bait.

Source for where was he offered the 9 shirt?
    http://bfy.tw/wbg

(Original post by atom y humber)
    Is it you that shed end always as an easy time with?
    no, I rarely discuss actual football tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Yeah my bet is on United to go all the way this season. Oh well, there's always 2016/17.
    No with the number of goals in our team we would need an iron defence to win the title. Not happening atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still don't see where it says he was offered Number 9 by anybody. The Arsenal article it's based on simply says he could have changed that does really equate to being offered it.

ReputationRep:
    Only signings we need now are depth wise, but I'd of loved a younger striker to develop and ripen by the time Giroud departs.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    If we're assuming a centre back is signed should we not also assume a new goalkeeper will be needed (well 2 as Valdes is all but gone and the only way ramos is signing is if de gea leaves). I'd still say you need a rb, rafael is not top class imo. Another winger is also surely needed, as both Di Maria and Young are often out of form.
    In terms of squad depth another cam and possibly b2b, another back up winger and possibly another striker.

The main reason I don't see you winning the league is that you have a fair few new players, it'll be rough to get them gelling quickly enough for a title charge
    We've just signed Darmian. Rafael is our 4th choice RB and won't play for the club again

ReputationRep:
    Anyone read the Wenger interview? Mad shots at Woj.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.