Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    Written tasks are generally just to see that you can write at an academic level. Your degree will have done more than enough to prepare you.

1:1 interviews an vary, and I'm not sure about Durham. Expect some unseen questions on how you would explain things to pupils and what you think about current educational issues. The important thing is to show an awareness of the complexities of delivering content, and a willingness to consider these.
    Thanks for the advice! Yorks interview was split into 3 generao teaching questions and 3 that were science specific. I felt pretty confortable answering so hopefully it will be the same! Good to know about the written task as well

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I have just applied for a chemistry PGCE at IoE and kcl. Do you mind letting me know when you sent your application? My UCAS application got delayed and didnt get sent until 30/01. Do you think I still stand a chance of getting an interview?

ReputationRep:
    Hiii!!!! are you still alive? i have an interview in a few weeks and this came up for me? what did you choose to base yours on?

ReputationRep:
    Hiiii,
    On Chemistry. My application was unsuccessful for Kcl however, I've got an interview next week for IoE. Good luck for your interview

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm going to start my PGCE Primary course at Birmingham City University in September. Anyone else? Also, I'm looking to stay in the Oscott Gardens accommodation!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I have a bit of a dilemma and was hoping to get some advice.

I had interviews at two unis for a primary PGCE course. I want to stay living at home so there were only really two possible unis that I could apply to in the first place. My first choice turned me down (I think probably because of a lack of experience and knowledge about current policies etc) but I got an offer from my second.

My problem is that I don't really want to go to my second choice and I was really hoping that I would get into my first. My first choice was a much better uni, and I liked the course and the general feel of the uni much more. I was excited at the chance to study there. When I was rejected it kind of felt like the end of the world. I'm considering turning down the offer from my second choice and applying again next year to my first choice. Am I crazy to do this? My parents think I am because there's no guarentee that I'll get in next year either, and plus they think that I'm unlikely to recieve another offer from my second choice if I turn them down this year. But if I accept the offer I just know that I'll spend my whole time disappointed and wishing that I'd got in to my first choice.

Sorry for such a lengthy question! I need some help/advice! What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Hi...I am considering a PGCE English for 2017 and have been looking for past students. Could I ask what to expect on the assessment and the interview. I have just finished my MA in TESOL but I understand it doens't qualify me to teach at schools! Any advice/thoughts will be appreciated ...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.