Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabruttledge)
    hahahah this is exactly how i'm feeling!!
    how did you do in LNA/AS?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the UCL law offer holders day tomorrow?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by oli19919)
    Most courses would be competive at RG unis though surely?... I guess law would be more competitive than others, but the same principle may apply to medicine and veterinary medicine and engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not necessarily.. Some courses just don't get as much interest from applicants.

Stuff like Law/Econ etc are usually oversubscribed because people drink the koolaid of studying what they believe is a 'prestigious' course. This doesn't apply to everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when Durham will start giving its main batch of offers? Still waiting....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miiah)
    Anyone know when Durham will start giving its main batch of offers? Still waiting....
    Email from them to me said all decisions are expected to be received by Early April, I honestly think the main batch is sent out already and now they're sorting through the final ones

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR EVERYONE WAITING ON DURHAM
    "Dear Sebastian, Thank you for your below email.We are still currently dealing with Applications in the Law School at the present time. All applications received in the Law School before 15th January deadline should have a decision by the 31st March 2016.Thank youClaire Graham/Lindsey Wright (Maternity Cover)Mon, Tues, Wed (am)/Wed (pm), Thurs, FriLaw Undergraduate Admissions Secretary"

ReputationRep:
    Just called Nottingham and they said that the "decision maker" looks through each law application really thoroughly but a decision will be made really soon for all applicants .....
    Seems that the uni is so over subscribed this year there's no hope!!!! I got LNAT of 21

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still waiting for KCL? I want to firm another choice and start to plan accomodation, moving etc but can't until they respond. I'm aware that I could withdraw, as don't intend to firm them, but I want to know the outcome regardless, baffling how it can take so long to decide lol, applied September 😂

ReputationRep:
    Is Durham an obvious choice over Bristol? And what about Bristol versus Birmingham?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Al9121010)
    Is Durham an obvious choice over Bristol? And what about Bristol versus Birmingham?
    1. No, they're quite similar in stature/'prestige'
    2. Bristol wins

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just been rejected from Bristol. Quite gutted. For those who are wondering, my grades are:
    predicted A*AB (English, biology maths)
    AABB at as last year
    27 in the LNAT
    6A*s 4As at GCSE

does anyone know what unis were in adjustment last year for law?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Bristol about an hour ago.
    Got an offer from Warwick yesterday, though.
    AABC at AS.
    LNAT - 22
    A*AA predicted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    1. No, they're quite similar in stature/'prestige'
    2. Bristol wins

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you mind sharing why you would choose Bristol over Birmingham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SebastianCanuck)
    UPDATE FOR EVERYONE WAITING ON DURHAM
    "Dear Sebastian, Thank you for your below email.We are still currently dealing with Applications in the Law School at the present time. All applications received in the Law School before 15th January deadline should have a decision by the 31st March 2016.Thank youClaire Graham/Lindsey Wright (Maternity Cover)Mon, Tues, Wed (am)/Wed (pm), Thurs, FriLaw Undergraduate Admissions Secretary"
    thank you one week to go 😎

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from Glasgow for Law with Spanish, in case anyone's still waiting on them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unihelp007)
    Just called Nottingham and they said that the "decision maker" looks through each law application really thoroughly but a decision will be made really soon for all applicants .....
    Seems that the uni is so over subscribed this year there's no hope!!!! I got LNAT of 21
    Is the decision maker one person or a group of people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsmusicfrench)
    Manchester is a great student city - and cheap too. Hope you like rain. Don't know anything about the law department. Leicester has a strong law department afaik. Not a bad place to live, obviously much smaller than Manchester and closer to the rest of the country. Good rugby team. Not much in it - try to visit them. (I'm not going to comment on Hull - it's your life.)
    Thanks, I know about everyone's views on Hull the course has a year spent at Westminster shadowing a MP. Yes I like rain. I've visited all of them and don't know. I think I wil go UoM then Leicester but idk. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellejennifer)
    Just been rejected from Bristol. Quite gutted. For those who are wondering, my grades are:
    predicted A*AB (English, biology maths)
    AABB at as last year
    27 in the LNAT
    6A*s 4As at GCSE

does anyone know what unis were in adjustment last year for law?
    Kings were briefly, Warwick were in clearing as were Birmingham and Manchester... I don't think many prestigious unis go through clearing however others may go through adjustment

ReputationRep:
    Someone asked for my predicted grades about 50 pages ago and I never got back! (Sorry!)
    They're: AAAAB

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Durham!!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.