Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    does this happen to anyone else?

Where you start revising for a module that you haven't done in a while and end up losing patience. I tried doing a past paper for s1 but had to stop. any tips?
    Persistence is the key. You just have to keep going over it. Go over your notes first before you try a past paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    The Chemistry paper was alright. - Very glad I chose to retake.
    Was it the wjec legacy paper?

I messed up a few calculations. After the paper everyone had the same answer for one question and I had a completely different one.

Other questions that sucked was the other way to tell how many moles of water there was or something apart from doing recrystallisation. And why there was cotton placed at the top of the tube. What were ur answers there?

ReputationRep:
    Done and marked a chem F325 paper, I definitely have more confidence in this unit I'll revise more psychology tomorrow, I really need to finish the making a case section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittyboy)
    Was it the wjec legacy paper?

I messed up a few calculations. After the paper everyone had the same answer for one question and I had a completely different one.

Other questions that sucked was the other way to tell how many moles of water there was or something apart from doing recrystallisation. And why there was cotton placed at the top of the tube. What were ur answers there?
    Ah no, it was the AQA resit paper.

Awh no, sorry to hear that - hopefully you'll still gain follow through marks etc though.

Right, I see- that's annoying + sounds like there was a lot of how science works/EMPA stuff in your paper, or at least a bit more than there was in ours. Hm..

ReputationRep:
    woke up my days plan is for the afternoon: 8 bio qs, chem theory on t.m, c3 functions book qs, chem unit 4 paper, chem qs will start in hopefully 15 min just finishing breakfast

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    starting now with bio qs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Another day to ace revision.

Stats core 3 and core 4 papers back to back till 4. 2 hour break then Chem 2 revision with a cheeky Chem 4 session till 10.

ReputationRep:
    Topic 1-3 of organics until 1pm

ReputationRep:
    finished bio qs will take a 15 min break and do some chem t.m theory

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    Another day to ace revision.

Stats core 3 and core 4 papers back to back till 4. 2 hour break then Chem 2 revision with a cheeky Chem 4 session till 10.
    Did the Jan 05 ms1b and jan06 core 4. Break time now till 10 past then core 3.

ReputationRep:
    G. afternoon.

Right, so today I am going to be doing Chemistry unit 5. Will spend the next hour writing down all the topics I need to know + clearing up my desk ..bc it's currently in a dreadful state.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Starting a mind map (not my usual revision technique but it seems to have had success with conservatism ) on feminism now - it will be about the strands.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna go over my chemistry flashcards for the next hour!

ReputationRep:
    finished my F585 analysis for extract 3 (fig.3.1), going to try and push towards extract 4 and get a S1 paper done.

ReputationRep:
    At 3 I'm going to try and conquer trigonometry in C2

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I was clearing my desk, I found an unused £65 WHSmith gift card which means I can now get myself lots + lots of new stationeryyy. I don't think I desperately require anything but maybe I should go out tomorrow + make myself happy. Hmm..some new highlighters would probably be nice. I love new stationery.:woo:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start with Enthalpy change in this block.- Making notes.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Whilst I was clearing my desk, I found an unused £65 WHSmith gift card which means I can now get myself lots + lots of new stationeryyy. I don't think I desperately require anything but maybe I should go out tomorrow + make myself happy. Hmm..some new highlighters would probably be nice. I love new stationery.:woo:
    £65... Damn :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Going through differentiation and integration over the next 2 hours

ReputationRep:
    What I need to finish for psychology today: interviewing suspects and hopefully offender profiling

Omg that's the best thing :woo: STATIONERY FOR LIFE!!!! Go crazy with that voucher!!!! :awesome:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.