The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Grade boundary wise some of us at my school worked it out- possibly wrong- but it indicated that normally 17/24 is an A. That is for all 6 topics including research methods which an A was still 17/35. The total over both papers for an A was something like 102. Has anyone else found similar grade boundaries?
Original post by toetothunder
I only mentioned alternative theories on one question though lol

Don't forget you're marked on A02 / A03 so you've picked up marks for using IDA anyway
Original post by Pe123
thank goodness for that, I've been worrying about it since the exam.

Haha, trust me I'm 100% sure about it
The classification for schizophrenia...it's unlikely to be a 24 marker right...wats the maximum mark it can be?
Original post by BethM98
I agree I need some too :frown: :frown: :frown:

Same here
Original post by TMC113
The examiners are more fond of depth than breadth, the chances of them wanting us to refer to two explanations for 4 marks I.e. 2 marks per explanation is highly unlikely. Also 'explanations' has been used on many past exam papers, and they've always been fine with just 1, I think they're just trying to give people a lot of choice in what they write

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I could be wrong but I could also be right, I have no idea. I know that in the past they've tried to catch people out by putting "explanations" and then in the markscheme stating that only 1 explanation discussed when the question asks for multiple explanations can only gain half marks.

However, like you said sometimes it doesn't work like that, so it really depends on how AQA mark it. Questions where they require more than 1 explanation and the a01 is 4 marks have been asked before, so the possibility can't be ruled out. Also I feel that if they required just one, why would they put "explanations"? I think their phrasing of the question is designed to catch people out. However they may accept 1 explanation for full marks so we'll just have to see.
to be honest I just need help with how to tackle the whole of unit 4 by Tuesday I'm doing addiction schizophrenia and RM and I haven't even touched the unit yet send help x
Only need a C and managed to answer both the biological rythms section well using 4 named studies and the agression section using 3 names studies however messed up the second part of the gender question on gender schema theory is it still possible for me to get a C ? Achieved a mid B in AS
if I only wrote about reward need satisfaction theory and evaluated that and only introduced similarity, how many marks would I have got in total for that question? (didn't have enough time) :frown:
I talked about Jealousy and infidelity, seperatley? Even know they are similar I just made sure I didnt mention jealousy, when I talked about infidelity.

Would these two be enough? I thought they would, I put in 7 A02 points, one was like half a page long (Shackleton study)
Reply 3750
Did anyone do intelligence in the exam today? Seems like no one did on this thread. I wanted to know what people put for this section
is evaluating methodology eg benefits of field studies, social desirability in questionnaires etc IDA
Original post by Ayhay
One definition is: The action or state of being unfaithful to a spouse or other sexual partner.
By mate, if you mean partner and not friend (:P) then what you said is fine I'd think.

I saw that message too. I've found that January 2011 PSYA3 had the same question:
"Discuss evolutionary explanations of human aggression"
Here's the markscheme for it.
The focus is on this sentence:
"Material onaggressive displays, especially in young men, aggression linked to sexual jealousy, andevolutionary explanations of group display, could all be relevant to the question"

'Could' it's only listing possible material that examiners should keep an eye out for.
From this I think you're fine.

@bullseye1
@charlie2466 - beat me to it.

I hope everyone who wrote one explanation is fine, however if you compare past mark schemes, questions that on the surface seem to ask the same thing have very different marking criterias, which is very unfair! Also that markscheme says you need to show evidence of breadth, and I'd suggest to gain marks for that they'd like you to at least cover a little bit of one other evolutionary explanation of human aggression, otherwise you're just covering depth and no breadth. I hope they're nice and let people off though, I guess it's down to how AQA mark it!
Reply 3753
Do you loose marks if you didn't put the name of the researcher in the exam?
Original post by lucy112233
Hey, how many pages did everyone write? Just wondering:biggrin: I did nearly 11:tongue:

I think around 18? I filled the booklet and had an extra page
Original post by BethM98
to be honest I just need help with how to tackle the whole of unit 4 by Tuesday I'm doing addiction schizophrenia and RM and I haven't even touched the unit yet send help x

exact same boat:bawling:
Original post by NHM
For group displays there's three explanations in total though... Xenophobia/territoriality and warfare so that's more than one explanation Einstein.

Yeah and not everyone wrote about the 3 different types of group display, did they? A lot of people say they just wrote about 1. Anyway you don't even need 3 different explanations, so what's the point of your comment? Also I did group display in sports, so that's actually 4 group display explanations. I didn't do zenophobia/territoriality, though maybe that's for sports too, I have no idea.
Reply 3757
Original post by RHobbs
Grade boundary wise some of us at my school worked it out- possibly wrong- but it indicated that normally 17/24 is an A. That is for all 6 topics including research methods which an A was still 17/35. The total over both papers for an A was something like 102. Has anyone else found similar grade boundaries?

How many marks do you need to get a B on each question in PSYA3 and PSYA4
Original post by evekay
exact same boat:bawling:

:frown: how did your unit 3 paper go today?
Original post by bullseye1
You need to write about both because the questions said "discuss explanation(s)" indicating they wanted more than 1 explanation written about. If you wrote about 2 different types of group display, war and sport, then that's two explanations which is fine but I think if you just wrote about sexual jealousy and infidelity that will count as only 1 explanation and you'd get half marks.

This is literally insane! It does not require both explanations and congrats for finding the s in explanations. In the psychology book written by Cardwell and Flanagan (the book with the picture of a dog as the cover) it titles jealousy and infidelity explanations as EVOLUTIONARY EXPLANATION(S) OF HUMAN AGGRESSION therefore you don't NEED both you just need jealousy and infidelity or sports and warfare.

Also go type the exact same question from the exam and you will find the essays just on jealousy and infidelity (not group displays as well) come up. Stop tormenting candidates because actually THEY were right

Latest

Trending

Trending