Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Had a complete meltdown for first time in ages. Feel absolutely, completely and spectacularly ****
    :console: my inbox is always open. Hope you're feeling a bit better :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I'm not replying to or comforting people on here. Things are a bit grim this end (am safe though - dw). Gonna phone nurse tomorrow to try and get emergency appt

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    :jumphug: xxx
    :hugs:

(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    :console: my inbox is always open. Hope you're feeling a bit better :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, might take you up on that at some point same offer to you, hope you're doing alright and college is sorting out a bit

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Sorry I'm not replying to or comforting people on here. Things are a bit grim this end (am safe though - dw). Gonna phone nurse tomorrow to try and get emergency appt

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hope that wasn't me am around if you want to talk at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)

Hope that wasn't me am around if you want to talk at all
    Most definitely not you - I broke myself, dw Hard to explain without explaining the whole back story, but the jist of it is that I appear to be reliving/going through the motions of my Oxford breakdown again, in spectacular fashion

:lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling. I'm not sure if it's the government or a relapse due to stopping the clozapine, but something isn't right. I feel scared to tell my CCO and psychiatrist about what's going on for fear of section. I've been in hospital 17 times now, I can deal with it (I hate it though) but I don't see how I can do well at uni if a) I can't go to lectures b) they either take my laptop away from me in hospital or won't let me have the charger so can only study for a few hours a day. I really want a distinction this year for my masters. I'm in such a conundrum.

On a positive note, I've been thinking of 'coming out' as mentally ill to my course mates soon. I feel it's the right time and the right people to do so. Maybe not publicly on faceboook or anything just yet, but still, a step.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    I'm struggling. I'm not sure if it's the government or a relapse due to stopping the clozapine, but something isn't right. I feel scared to tell my CCO and psychiatrist about what's going on for fear of section. I've been in hospital 17 times now, I can deal with it (I hate it though) but I don't see how I can do well at uni if a) I can't go to lectures b) they either take my laptop away from me in hospital or won't let me have the charger so can only study for a few hours a day. I really want a distinction this year for my masters. I'm in such a conundrum.

On a positive note, I've been thinking of 'coming out' as mentally ill to my course mates soon. I feel it's the right time and the right people to do so. Maybe not publicly on faceboook or anything just yet, but still, a step.
    Sounds like a relapse, in all honesty Do try and inform the appropriate people. Your health, wellbeing and safety are far more important than any degree.

Good on you for the last para, btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Sounds like a relapse, in all honesty Do try and inform the appropriate people. Your health, wellbeing and safety are far more important than any degree.

Good on you for the last para, btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But is it though? If safety becomes an issue then of course I will seek the appropriate help (unlikely to get to that point tbh). But if I don't do well at MSc I won't be able to get onto a PhD, won't be able to do research, which is what I live for. I can get help anytime, I can't re-do a crap degree class.

Thanks You have been part of my inspiration to do so!

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not eating till Saturday when I have to go out for dinner with my sister

ReputationRep:
    ****.Ended up calling my CCO in panic about spies and now she wants an emergency assessment by the psychiatrist within the next hour. I've really ****ed up. I can't get sectioned.

ReputationRep:
    ****.Ended up calling my CCO in panic about spies and now she wants an emergency assessment by the psychiatrist within the next hour. I've really ****ed up. I can't get sectioned.
    :jumphug:

Good luck :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to my manager about a demotion and I think he's said thats fine. I can't cope with an manager role right now so something less stressful might help me big time.

ReputationRep:
    Hope it goes ok and it just ends up with you getting more support.

Let us know :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    Hope it goes ok and it just ends up with you getting more support.

Let us know :hugs:
    Wasn't sectioned! They tried to get me to see the crisis team but refused.

Met new psychiatrist lady who was lovely, yay!

Increased my meds and increased contact with me.

ReputationRep:
    I hope it went okay :console: :hugs:

Edit: Just saw the above post Really glad!

ReputationRep:

Glad to hear you didn't get sectioned. :five:

With your degree, if things really do get bad then have you thought about taking a break from it? Or else just get extensions on everything? For my masters I got over a year extension on my dissertation and went from definitely wouldn't be able to write it to getting a merit. Universities should be understanding about health issues.

And btw, I hope your "coming out" goes well.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't sectioned! They tried to get me to see the crisis team but refused.

Met new psychiatrist lady who was lovely, yay!

Increased my meds and increased contact with me.
    I hated seeing the crisis team. The ones I saw were really cold.

Glad they've increased contact. My CPN is off ill so i'm kinda left in the lurch atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Glad to hear you didn't get sectioned. :five:

With your degree, if things really do get bad then have you thought about taking a break from it? Or else just get extensions on everything? For my masters I got over a year extension on my dissertation and went from definitely wouldn't be able to write it to getting a merit. Universities should be understanding about health issues.

And btw, I hope your "coming out" goes well.
    I just can't afford it in terms of tuition and living fees

I told my new friend at uni and she was great about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    I hated seeing the crisis team. The ones I saw were really cold.

Glad they've increased contact. My CPN is off ill so i'm kinda left in the lurch atm
    So is mine. Was meant to see him today but got a call to say he's off again. Not seen him in over 3 weeks and it's not good. :/

ReputationRep:
    I just can't afford it in terms of tuition and living fees

I told my new friend at uni and she was great about it!
    Oh I see. Do you not qualify for benefits?

That's really good that your friend took it well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Oh I see. Do you not qualify for benefits?

That's really good that your friend took it well.
    I get low PIP (although have appealed for high as I was one point off and things have got worse since I was re-assessed) and might ask CCO about ESA next week as I don't feel able to work. But it's not enough to cover London rent + food + tuition fees, let alone the little extras like clothes and textbooks

My masters is mostly self studied so I'm hoping that will help, not having to go into lectures everyday

How are you anyway?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.