Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Damn, the Barclays thing is loooong

Do you heard back soon if you passed/failed stage 1?

EDIT: Got the online interview now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwith)
    Damn, the Barclays thing is loooong

Do you heard back soon if you passed/failed stage 1?
    Very long indeed!!! I got immediately invited to the video interview (which I haven't done yet), but not sure if that's always the case...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate992)
    Very long indeed!!! I got immediately invited to the video interview (which I haven't done yet), but not sure if that's always the case...
    Yeah I received it after some minutes, so I think it's the case!

GL with the video interview!

ReputationRep:
    Does the Business Insight Stage 1 for Barclays actually act as a cut off for applicants? Only asking as people seem to get video interview straight away (me including!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polecon)
    Does the Business Insight Stage 1 for Barclays actually act as a cut off for applicants? Only asking as people seem to get video interview straight away (me including!).
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polecon)
    Yep. I didn't get an immediate video interview and got rejected about a week or 2 later based on the business insight 1.

ReputationRep:
    Phone interview with RBC Capital Markets on Wednesday for Global Markets. Anyone else got/done this who can provide insights to questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    Phone interview with RBC Capital Markets on Wednesday for Global Markets. Anyone else got/done this who can provide insights to questions?
    when did u complete tests

ReputationRep:
    Is mid-October the most ideal time to send off all applications for positions being recruited on a rolling-basis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuchkuchhotahai)
    Is mid-October the most ideal time to send off all applications for positions being recruited on a rolling-basis?
    sooner better mate, don't wait much, in mid-October some people will have offers already

ReputationRep:
    Is Goldman IBD Summer rolling or what?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dente)
    Is Goldman IBD Summer rolling or what?
    it's rolling

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    it's rolling

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What about JP markets?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    What about JP markets?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same spiel

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone shed light on Blackrock's virtual cover letter situation? Is it a bunch of questions like a video interview or literally just an oral cover letter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcube)
    Can anyone shed light on Blackrock's virtual cover letter situation? Is it a bunch of questions like a video interview or literally just an oral cover letter?
    Just 2 questions like 90 seconds each or something proper short, cover letter style questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Same spiel
    Cheers bruh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    Just 2 questions like 90 seconds each or something proper short, cover letter style questions
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    did anyone heard back from elite boutiques? when they usually start interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody applied to PJT?

It says to submit just a cv but I'm wondering should I attach a cover letter to my cv?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.