University of Leeds Accomodation 2011 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Gemini92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by oliviaL)
Oooh I do, it wasnt my first choice so I dont know too much about it looks nice though
How long does it take to get to the campus?
And what are the shower/toilet facilities like I dont remember looking at them lol
also is it a generally social place?
It takes about 5-10 minutes to get to campus, depending which part of campus you're going to. There's one toilet and one shower in each flat of five people.
tsr-member
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by oliviaL)
Oooh I do, it wasnt my first choice so I dont know too much about it looks nice though
How long does it take to get to the campus?
And what are the shower/toilet facilities like I dont remember looking at them lol
also is it a generally social place?
Most of your questions have been answered by Gemini92 but as for the social life, it really is what you make of it.
You'll probably have a committee with social secretaries to organise stuff like Christmas Balls, BBQ's, etc..
Make sure you get to know people from your whole block if you want a good social life talk to your flatmates to maybe organise a flat party in the first few days of Freshers and go knocking on everyone's flat in your block and try get loads of people to come along! Great way to meet people!
J o o
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Kay, got my accommodation.

Clarence Dock M3.14

XST
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone know what halls have shared rooms? Just been told I will receive a contract for one until November.
strengthandhonour
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lovin)
Yeh i know right. I havent even done the essential information form yet. Can you hand it in when you get there or does it HAVE to be sent off before you go?
Have you got a link for the essential information form? Can't find it on the acomm website!
girlwithsharpteeth
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by strengthandhonour)
Have you got a link for the essential information form? Can't find it on the acomm website!
Its on the University portal site when you go through the eInduction for your accommodation.
acj
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This is a bit random but is anyone going up for the pre-registration day tommorow?
xx_emmarr_xx
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by YaziB)
Montague Burton, block H?? What's the atmosphere like there? I didn't apply there so haven't done much research! xx
I am in block H too! H3.2..
Jonzky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just wondering, have any clearing students received any accommodation offers yet?

I phoned up the accommodation office a few days ago (before they sent the email) and they said I should receive a reply by the 9th, though, their phones (introduction message) says we should hear before the 14th?

Also, is it likely that I will be able to change my accommodation (assuming that I get a bad one) within the first term? How 'competitive' is the line for alternative accommodation (especially seeing how I may be offered accommodation in St Marks with a contract that expires in November or January).
Se0n
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I booked my time slot to move in, but does anyone know if it's possible to arrange a time a little later than 5pm? My flight would of just missed it and it'll make things that much more bothersome for me if I need to find a place to stay for the night after travelling for so long.

Any ideas?
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by acj)
This is a bit random but is anyone going up for the pre-registration day tommorow?
what pre reg?
xx_emmarr_xx
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by acj)
I AM
Muffinz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Se0n)
I booked my time slot to move in, but does anyone know if it's possible to arrange a time a little later than 5pm? My flight would of just missed it and it'll make things that much more bothersome for me if I need to find a place to stay for the night after travelling for so long.

Any ideas?
Email the accommodation office and find out
Lovin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by strengthandhonour)
(Original post by girlwithsharpteeth)
Its on the University portal site when you go through the eInduction for your accommodation.
What she said hun When you go through the eIntro, (Which iis incredibly long) you will get a print out of the essential information form.
XST
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just found out I'm living in Barden Grange, room 04.

Contract is only until November as apparently this is a shared room.
annawatson
Report 7 years ago
I can't find where I can book a moving in slop on the eportal, where abouts is it?
I need to fill out the essential information form too. I'm so unorganised for moving!! ahhh
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by annawatson)
I can't find where I can book a moving in slop on the eportal, where abouts is it?
I need to fill out the essential information form too. I'm so unorganised for moving!! ahhh
You have to go through the residence eIntro and you can book a moving-in time at the end.
XST
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
According to the accommodation website, Barden Grange has a double bed in my room, 04. However I was told that I would be getting a shared room, so does double bed actually mean two beds? If not how big is this room going to be if it has 2 double beds in it! :eek:
Se0n
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Okay, so I doubt any of you guys would need this information but just incase.

if you want to move in after 5pm, just contact the Accommodation office and they'll arrange your keys to be held for you. Also if you just so happen to be at st. marks and moving in on the 15th (like moi ) then they'll be open until 8pm.
geekaymillay.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
These societies are quite expensive....
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads