Oxford Applicants for 2012 Entry Watch

This discussion is closed.
such_a_lady
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Chunif)
Hahaha lucky you! Well have fun! Have you been to asia? if not, you should try some time

and dayumm 6 years...thts a RLY long time :P out of curiosity, what exactly are A-Levels? XP
No, I've never been out of Europe Where would you recommend?

A Levels are the qualifications we get at age 18 in England
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Beginning to panic as I think I may have lost my pencil case which not only contains my USB stick but also my registration no. for Edexcel results
Chunif
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by such_a_lady)
No, I've never been out of Europe Where would you recommend?

A Levels are the qualifications we get at age 18 in England
Hmm Japan could be a good start! But Thailand could be a fun alternative XP albeit a bit sleazy sometimes .... :P

anyhow, good luck with your pencil case
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hmm Japan could be a good start! But Thailand could be a fun alternative XP albeit a bit sleazy sometimes .... :P

anyhow, good luck with your pencil case
My sister learns Japanese :moon: I used to be OBSESSED with the culture there

Thankyou!! I'm super worried.

How do you find the Berlin accent?
LonelySoul193
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Phia7)
Hi! :rolleyes: I honestly don't know why I'm missing so much on here... I like your picture-thing! What are you applying for? What's your favourite branch of feminism? Or is it just ironic? :cry:

:woo:
I'm undecided as of yet: either PPE or E&M - both agonizingly over-subscribed :rolleyes:

Hmmmm probably Equality Feminism. I can't say I support the traditional 'place' of women and never have, even when I was younger ha. What about yourself?

Sorry about the late reply, I was in Tenerife for 11 days - 6 days of which were OVERCASTTT! :mad: I came home to my Oxford prospectus and the Tell Me About a Banana... book, which I had a quick look through and snigger at the very, very vague 'descriptions' of the Oxford colleges ('friendly' for example). Teehee
pahoeho
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by anyone_can_fly)
:wtf: PPE has an intake of 239. There're only 27 PPEists on the spreadsheet. Where did the other 212 come from? :P
Also a bit confused by this, got me worried for a sec :P
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LonelySoul193)
I'm undecided as of yet: either PPE or E&M - both agonizingly over-subscribed :rolleyes:
They are rather different to be fair
LonelySoul193
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They are rather different to be fair
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm veryyyyy indecisive
Chunif
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hahaha omfg had the same issue =_=
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is it a fifty fifty split?
LonelySoul193
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hahaha omfg had the same issue =_=
Hah, how did you come to a decision?

Is it a fifty fifty split?
Probably edging more towards PPE to be honest. I just need a moment of revelation where I suddenly become set on it.
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Probably edging more towards PPE to be honest. I just need a moment of revelation where I suddenly become set on it.
How about looking at the success rates?
Chunif
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well idk if you do IB, but we have something called TOK...and its pretty much an intro into philosophy I thought about it and decided that I quite liked the kinda discussions we get from that course and stuff....plus i was always pretty interested in politics and such...

Plus, to me at least, economics and management sounds quite dry XP not sure if i can handle it for 3 years XP
LonelySoul193
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How about looking at the success rates?
E&M: 7.8% :grumble:
PPE: 16.5% :plz2:

:judge:

So I can conclude that PPE has a higher success rate - in fact more than double. Which makes me feel better, but hardly any more confident considering the vast number of PPE applicants in this thread alone :eek:
SebCross
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm gonna let universities be the best judge of mine, really. Seeing as I've written two successful ones in years past when I've been applying to different courses and universities I hope I've learnt how to write a strong Personal Statement over time. Practise certainly helps!
nightmare91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh, careful of posting in German here; you have to put a translation underneath. Or have you not been reading the last few pages?

Yeah, I've been learning German for six years and am doing A Level, and I'm actually applying for German and Spanish Why don't you like being in Germany!? I'm going there on Sunday, soooooooooo excited

And woo! South Germany! Definitely a Schwabin at heart, therefore I agree with you that we ARE friendlier although watch out, I know there is at least ONE North German here who would disagree
They are not friendlier!!! I am the proof that Northern Germans can be very nice and sincere And just to correct it: Berlin is by far not Northern Germany It is East... sooo east it's almost Poland

I hope you can back this up with facts
That is common knowledge, no facts needed
Eldedu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by anyone_can_fly)
:wtf: PPE has an intake of 239. There're only 27 PPEists on the spreadsheet. Where did the other 212 come from? :P
Hyperbole?

Whatever I thought it was funny.
anyone_can_fly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Eldedu)
Hyperbole?
Oh right! Sorry, I'm not very good at spotting sarcasm on the internet.
Eldedu
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
awww damn yeah it used to be super moist back in Bangkok when i still lived there XP hahaha tsk tsk.....XP idk i guess i just like the asian social life better XP dude i just looked up the demographics in peru....seems like u guys have quite a variety of ethnic groups! idk i was just curious, since i've met quite a few ppl from brazil and even colombia who were caucasian....so i was just curious if tht happened to be the case in peru XP
there's a large immigrant chinese population, the most typical peruvian restaurant is actually a chinese-peruvian fusion type affair, and there's over 3 generations of asian-peruvians now. There's also a small afroperuvian community from what little slave trade reached these parts, of course there are caucasians, a small percentage of the population with a large percentage of the money and power (although that's changing) and then there are the amerindians.
Eldedu
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
LOL HAHHAHAHHAHAHA

quite some critical thinking there :P and i was thinking i'd do PPE instead of E&M cuz it was easier to get in =_________________='' sigh~ idk about brits but american ivy leagues respect IB quite a bit so i think on our qualifications side we definitely won't be at a disadvantage there will be people who are just throwing apps although they obviously don't have the right grades for it....fingers crossed XP
Fingers crossed indeed, although you do hear stories...a friend of a friend (not a very convincing basis I know) apparently had to explain to his Cambridge interviewer what the IB actually was.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (206)
18.61%
No (673)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (228)
20.6%

Watched Threads