Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getfunky!)
    That was one of the best episodes I've seen, better than most of series 7 and so far of series 8 Really enjoyed an actual adventure rather than brooding about, reminds me of series 5, especially the Vampires of Venice episode.

Mark Gatiss can write brilliant episodes:congrats:
    Totally agree. It was fun, witty and featured possibly the best version of the Sheriff Of Nottingham ever.

Of course, the 'Doctor Who should be serious' police are out in force again.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble999)
    Loved tonight's episode. Then again, I'm bias as Nottingham is the best place :mmm:
    God no. It really isn't. Far from it. I went there on holiday two week's ago and it's, in my opinion, rubbish. Not enough to do.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Unibuster325)
    God no. It really isn't. Far from it. I went there on holiday two week's ago and it's, in my opinion, rubbish. Not enough to do.
    Depends where you go, and obviously your knowledge of the area

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble999)
    Depends where you go, and obviously your knowledge of the area
    There's hardly anything to do with Torvill and Dean and no Nottingham lace. And the only Robin Hood attraction is Sherwood Forest(unless you count Nottingham Castle)!

I certainly will not be going there on holiday again. There's nothing for tourists such as myself when I visited at all. Not even more than one gift shop.

I could think of many ways to improve it from what I saw, the most obvious being 'open a Torvill and Dean/Dancing On Ice Experience'. This could be full of costumes and props used by both the show and Torvill and Dean pre-Dancing On Ice.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Loved IT!!!!!!!!! :woo:

:party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrexhamfc)
    Last week's episode was much better, nothing that happened in this episode moved me. I don't think we learned much about the Doctor from this episode at all (save that he's stubbornly attached to his preconceptions, but we knew that much already). Also, how did the Doctor get his screwdriver back?
    Did you not know that Sonic Screwdriver's= Tardis poo?

In Matt Smith's first episode, he gets his new one from the newly designed Tardis console. It was just sticking out and left a hole. Therefore they are Tardis poo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Did you not know that Sonic Screwdriver's= Tardis poo?

In Matt Smith's first episode, he gets his new one from the newly designed Tardis console. It was just sticking out and left a hole. Therefore they are Tardis poo.
    By that logic they could also be Tardis babies!

ReputationRep:
    People saying this linked to the fires of Pompeii. Didn't see it, proberly because I don't remember that episode too much.

Where were the links?

Thought thatw as the worst episode so far tbh.

Still loving Capaldi. Still disliking Clara.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingStannis)
    People saying this linked to the fires of Pompeii. Didn't see it, proberly because I don't remember that episode too much.

Where were the links?

Thought thatw as the worst episode so far tbh.

Still loving Capaldi. Still disliking Clara.
    Pretty much this, Clara is not it mane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    By that logic they could also be Tardis babies!
    Touché :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Re-watched the Waters of Mars today, bloody hell it's a good episode. Possibly my favourite of the RTD era.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    Re-watched the Waters of Mars today, bloody hell it's a good episode. Possibly my favourite of the RTD era.
    I was scared to wash my hands after that episode!

Possibly one of the show's most terrifying episodes so far.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just a bit of idle speculation about Missy:

Spoiler:
    Show

Could Missy be Clara? Looking at photos, she looks a bit like an older version of Clara. In Deep Breath they mentioned that someone was trying hard to keep the Doctor and Clara together over that ad for the restaurant - maybe the same person who gave Clara the number for the TARDIS in The Bells of St. Johns; and Clara would look to keep them together, because before she had to go into his timeline to save all of time from the great intelligence, presumably she plays a big role in this series too; and Missy refers to the Doctor as her boyfriend - and Clara has pretended the doctor is her boyfriend before (the christmas special) and in the same episode practically admitted that she wanted the doctor to actually be her boyfriend.

How she ends up as the gatekeeper of heaven, I can't fathom, but it seemed an interesting connection.

• Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)

Spoiler:
    Show

Could Missy be Clara? Looking at photos, she looks a bit like an older version of Clara. In Deep Breath they mentioned that someone was trying hard to keep the Doctor and Clara together over that ad for the restaurant - maybe the same person who gave Clara the number for the TARDIS in The Bells of St. Johns; and Clara would look to keep them together, because before she had to go into his timeline to save all of time from the great intelligence, presumably she plays a big role in this series too; and Missy refers to the Doctor as her boyfriend - and Clara has pretended the doctor is her boyfriend before (the christmas special) and in the same episode practically admitted that she wanted the doctor to actually be her boyfriend.

How she ends up as the gatekeeper of heaven, I can't fathom, but it seemed an interesting connection.

Omg I genuinely think you cracked it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    People have been saying this since the 1st episode was leaked but also people assumed that it was wrong in the end, it just comes down to how the writers will show it really.

People said it was not Clara because she would have some memory of handing herself the number or being another being which makes sense.

Now I think about it I wonder if it could be CAL and the promised land is just the world inside the mainframe but I expect that not to be true.

ReputationRep:
    Cannot wait for this Saturday!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I think tonight's episode will be the second best of the series so far, after into the dalek.

ReputationRep:
    God this is awful.

Beyond cringe-worthy.

:mad:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Really enjoyed that episode.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty good ep, definitely disappointing if you were expecting it to be about the unknown monster but lots of interesting wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff, I liked the throwback to John Hurt's War Doctor

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2018
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.