Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have just recieved an interview from kings but there is no mention of the time on the message and also where I need to be and further information regarding the interview. Should I have recieved a pdf file with the message?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDoctor)
    Hey guys, I have just recieved an interview from kings but there is no mention of the time on the message and also where I need to be and further information regarding the interview. Should I have recieved a pdf file with the message?
    Yes you should have details in PDF format with the email.

From your portal go into my messages and send them a message, choose 'application status' from the drop down menu, they normally respond quite quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starcloud)
    I got an offer yesterday! international applicant had my interview on the 6th!
    Congratulations! Can I ask, were you asked to upload your exam certificates to the portal before you received your offer, and if so how long before you got the offer did you upload them? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    This waiting is awful and it's only been two weeks since my interview..

ReputationRep:
    I was actually asked to upload my certificates when I got my interview invite, so I uploaded them before my interview!

(Original post by br13)
    Congratulations! Can I ask, were you asked to upload your exam certificates to the portal before you received your offer, and if so how long before you got the offer did you upload them? Thanks
    I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryMan)
    This waiting is awful and it's only been two weeks since my interview..
    Good luck, I hope you get an offer!
    Try waiting for 2 months +...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmagic)
    Good luck, I hope you get an offer!
    Try waiting for 2 months +...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. I hope we BOTH end up with offers.
    The way they do it is just wrong, they should just hand them all out at the end and do away with all this excruciating waiting.

ReputationRep:
    So what's the deal with offers at the moment then?! The top cut of interviewees are given them straight away, the bottom cut get straight rejections, then the rest of us wait until March?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tee Logan x)
    Aw, mines was at 14:20 i've got my Barts interview next Monday :/ nervous! where else did you apply?
    Good luck for Barts! I applied to Barts and the London, King's, Nottingham, and Leicester (I've had interviews at all 4, just waiting to hear back now).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sausagerolled)
    So what's the deal with offers at the moment then?! The top cut of interviewees are given them straight away, the bottom cut get straight rejections, then the rest of us wait until March?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty much, but as each top cut of interviewees are handed out offers, the scores of those below them in the list will be added to the scores of the next batch of interviewees, so they may happen to move into the "offers bracket" of scores. It explains why some people hear back <10 days after interview, why some hear at a few weeks after, why some hear after months, and why many people wait until March.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PocketMerlin)
    Pretty much, but as each top cut of interviewees are handed out offers, the scores of those below them in the list will be added to the scores of the next batch of interviewees, so they may happen to move into the "offers bracket" of scores. It explains why some people hear back <10 days after interview, why some hear at a few weeks after, why some hear after months, and why many people wait until March.
    This, as explained in my post on page 186 of the thread.

As we move towards march (which corresponds to the end of the interview cycle) i recognize that there will be a few more rejections coming tho...as there will be less places left i dont think they will hold those at the "bottom" to wait if they are below the lowest possible cutoff at the moment.

I.e: 200 offers left and 200 interviewees on hold, as other interviews take place those at the bottom will most likely fall out of the intake...unless we have very similar interview scores in which case ukcat is determinant

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for Barts! I applied to Barts and the London, King's, Nottingham, and Leicester (I've had interviews at all 4, just waiting to hear back now).
    Thank you it was yesterday btw lol and ha i applied to 3 you applied to! My Notts interview is in March and got rejected by Imperial lol well good luck with the rest of your application and let me know how it all goes in the end!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kolatytler)
    This, as explained in my post on page 186 of the thread.

As we move towards march (which corresponds to the end of the interview cycle) i recognize that there will be a few more rejections coming tho...as there will be less places left i dont think they will hold those at the "bottom" to wait if they are below the lowest possible cutoff at the moment.

I.e: 200 offers left and 200 interviewees on hold, as other interviews take place those at the bottom will most likely fall out of the intake...unless we have very similar interview scores in which case ukcat is determinant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes exactly; as every batch of offers is released, a batch of rejections must also be released. It's a horrible, terrifying wait if King's is the place you really want to be, but I think that it's still important to be optimistic. A lot of offers will obviously be handed out after the March interviews, as once the top portion of candidates have received their offers, then the rest of the interviewees can be considered again. I'm wondering whether the essay may come in again at that late stage, in order to choose between candidates of similar scores.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you it was yesterday btw lol and ha i applied to 3 you applied to! My Notts interview is in March and got rejected by Imperial lol well good luck with the rest of your application and let me know how it all goes in the end!
    Ahhh, I hope you absolutely smashed it. Notts have some absolutely lovely interviewers, so I hope it goes really well for you.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, I hope you absolutely smashed it. Notts have some absolutely lovely interviewers, so I hope it goes really well for you.
    Thank you! But i didn't lol i didn't think it went well tbh and yeah i just hope Notts goes a lot better than how Barts did

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! But i didn't lol i didn't think it went well tbh and yeah i just hope Notts goes a lot better than how Barts did
    Barts seemed to be a tougher interview (depending on who your interviewers were) anyway, I found that they liked to dig rather deep into answers, plus they ask a lot of very broad questions. A lot of people on here for various universities have said that they thought they did badly in an interview and yet have ended up with an offer, just saying.

ReputationRep:
    Barts seemed to be a tougher interview (depending on who your interviewers were) anyway, I found that they liked to dig rather deep into answers, plus they ask a lot of very broad questions. A lot of people on here for various universities have said that they thought they did badly in an interview and yet have ended up with an offer, just saying.
    Exactly!! I was the only one out of the eight different stations who had a medical student observing. And i swear the medical student was the only one who was nodding and putting me at ease. Exactly, like half way through my answers i realised i wasn't even answering the question because the questions they asked were very odd lol haha well i hope that's the case but i don't mind if i don't get an offer because i think Kings is the one for me

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering - is Kings many people here's first choice? anyone thought about what accommodation they're applying for? I wish kings had some catered accommodation!

ReputationRep:
    Yes exactly; as every batch of offers is released, a batch of rejections must also be released. It's a horrible, terrifying wait if King's is the place you really want to be, but I think that it's still important to be optimistic. A lot of offers will obviously be handed out after the March interviews, as once the top portion of candidates have received their offers, then the rest of the interviewees can be considered again. I'm wondering whether the essay may come in again at that late stage, in order to choose between candidates of similar scores.
    I actually think that they will use the ukcat first and then maybe the essay...ukcat scores are easier to compare, i think the real aim of the preliminary tasks is to put us at ease before the interview and to get us "in the mood" (think about the questions they ask..)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kolatytler)
    I actually think that they will use the ukcat first and then maybe the essay...ukcat scores are easier to compare, i think the real aim of the preliminary tasks is to put us at ease before the interview and to get us "in the mood" (think about the questions they ask..)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would make sense, although it does remove the idea of the slate being wiped clean after interview selection. If they do happen to use the essay, I think (due to the kind of questions asked) it would be considered the same as an interview answer; the content would be analysed as if in an interview scenario, rather than an English Literature marking style, as an extra chance for a candidate to prove themselves. Therefore, regardless of how horrendous the actual structure is or how restricted an individual's vocabulary is, if the candidate makes a good enough point with regards to the question asked, they may be made an offer.
    Of course, UKCAT scores seem like a much easier way to select candidates, however I was under the impression that academics only came into the selection process pre-interview.
    I would really love to know what actually goes on within the admissions offices of medical schools, haha.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.