Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by General Maximus)
    I mentioned it in my post - it's W

• Medicine | MBBS (5 Years), Full time
    • UCAS Code: A100, Institution Code: Q50, Campus Code: W
    • UCAS application deadline: 15 October
    Thanks alot. I have added this choice when will they confirm this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To have obtained an interview invite last year you would have needed 20 more in your UKCAT (710) and 40 more UCAS points (640).

I would say you are around the cut-off but I feel you might need more UCAS points to feel safe regarding Barts. Do call them up and ask regarding your extra qualifications - if they do count then you should be good to apply!
    thank you Where did you find this data? Is it available for previous years?
    Do you think the ukcat average might go down this year? I was looking at the averages and there was a really large increase last year due to the easy DA in comparison to other years, and people have said it's harder this year than last year. (it's hard to judge as I've never done it before!)
    it's risky, but it's my top choice so I don't know if I should just go for it and then with my other 3, apply a bit better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jollygood)
    Thanks alot. I have added this choice when will they confirm this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Should do pretty soon (it took mine a few minutes). But you'll get the confirmation soon, so there's no need to worry!

(Original post by hpcp)
    thank you Where did you find this data? Is it available for previous years?
    Do you think the ukcat average might go down this year? I was looking at the averages and there was a really large increase last year due to the easy DA in comparison to other years, and people have said it's harder this year than last year. (it's hard to judge as I've never done it before!)
    it's risky, but it's my top choice so I don't know if I should just go for it and then with my other 3, apply a bit better?
    Doesn't matter if it goes up or down, just aim for the right percentile, usually top 15-10% should be enough (if that's 755, or 690 we won't know until all UKCAT examinations have been taken). I do believe that the average UKCAT score will be lower this year; compared to last year (which was around 660).

The data can be accessed here: http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergradu...FAQs/99618.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god...
    TUrns out I may get in for September 2014, but a definite September 2015 deferred entry.

Now a really difficult decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew150)
    Oh my god...
    TUrns out I may get in for September 2014, but a definite September 2015 deferred entry.

Matthew check my PM - I'm glad for you bro

I'll message you

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god...

What grades did you get, if you don't mind me asking ?

ReputationRep:

I'll message you
    Will do mate!

(Original post by 2272)
    What grades did you get, if you don't mind me asking ?
    AAAC (1 mark off an A* in Chem)
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone that added clearing choice got the confirmation of their place? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I'll message you
    Hey mate, I can't find anything from you?

ReputationRep:
    Will do mate!

AAAC (1 mark off an A* in Chem)
    What about you?
    Wow that's awesome, congratulations on the offer
    I just missed the requirement and got AABC.. not sure whether to give up hope or not
    How did they contact you + were you on the waiting list?
    I'm just trying to understand what they're doing this year

ReputationRep:
    Should do pretty soon (it took mine a few minutes). But you'll get the confirmation soon, so there's no need to worry!

Doesn't matter if it goes up or down, just aim for the right percentile, usually top 15-10% should be enough (if that's 755, or 690 we won't know until all UKCAT examinations have been taken). I do believe that the average UKCAT score will be lower this year; compared to last year (which was around 660).

The data can be accessed here: http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergradu...FAQs/99618.pdf
    Okay thank you How much lower do you think it would be? I need to submitted my application before all the UKCAT exams are taken and the data is released - will submit it around mid September. I think the data is released on the deadline or something?

Are you going to Barts this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2272)
    Wow that's awesome, congratulations on the offer
    I just missed the requirement and got AABC.. not sure whether to give up hope or not
    How did they contact you + were you on the waiting list?
    I'm just trying to understand what they're doing this year
    Thank you very much! I'm still feeling confused!
    Aww, really sorry to hear it, they're still amazing grades!
    I was on the original waiting list, and just got it through attached to an email.
    It's all very confusing!

Oh my god...

(Original post by jollygood)
      Has everyone that added clearing choice got the confirmation of their place? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll message you
      Congrats guys on getting your offers, what a life changing feeling! See you all in September

ReputationRep:
      can you still apply for accomodation?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jaishiva)
      can you still apply for accomodation?
      No idea, I've asked them what will happen if I do get 2014 entry!

ReputationRep:
      lol I got the same thing
      I was on the waiting list, just received an email today saying I might get in this september but I'm secured for a place in 2015 September.
      grades A*A*A*A*AA
      I'm quite happy as I didn't get any other medicine offers, I thought I was going to study biomed all the way lol

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ms_star)
      lol I got the same thing
      I was on the waiting list, just received an email today saying I might get in this september but I'm secured for a place in 2015 September.
      grades A*A*A*A*AA
      I'm quite happy as I didn't get any other medicine offers, I thought I was going to study biomed all the way lol
      Well fingers crossed for both of us then in terms of this September! On the phone they said there were only 7-10 of us on this extended waiting list, so fingers crossed!
      And they're pretty amazing grades!

ReputationRep:
      Hiya im a potential applicant for 2015 entry! I know general studies isnt accepted as one of your 3/4 A-levels but do they include general studies or a second language a-level when they calculate your ucas tariff score to select for interview?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jessica1728)
      Hiya im a potential applicant for 2015 entry! I know general studies isnt accepted as one of your 3/4 A-levels but do they include general studies or a second language a-level when they calculate your ucas tariff score to select for interview?
      Yep. Any tarrifable qualfication counts.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by DrumChops)
      Yep. Any tarrifable qualfication counts.
      Thanks! and depending on which subjects I take forward to A2, I'll have a ucas tariff of, 730 at the lowest and 870 at the highest. With a ukcat of 727.5avg, do you think i have a great chance of getting an interview?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.