Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Some stunning goals here, not least Beckford's: http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...-season-201415

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Bolton yet to tie down Gudjohnsen or Heskey on new deals, but Lennon's signed Gary Madine from Blackpool. Christ. I take back what I said about them challenging for the play-offs with Lennon having a full pre-season picking his own squad...
    My my enjoy Gary Madine, the washing machine. He'll no doubt prove me wrong now i'm posting this but he's pretty bad at the champ' level. Has no strength/speed at all and he's only ever had about 2 good seasons in his career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    My my enjoy Gary Madine, the washing machine. He'll no doubt prove me wrong now i'm posting this but he's pretty bad at the champ' level. Has no strength/speed at all and he's only ever had about 2 good seasons in his career.
    He is also one of the thickest footballers around and that is some achievement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Reports that Derby are sacking Steve McLaren.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Reports that Derby are sacking Steve McLaren.

One of my sources told me that they have already interviewed a RM coach- if McLaren goes he's got the job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarrenBCFC)
    One of my sources told me that they have already interviewed a RM coach- if McLaren goes he's got the job
    One of your sources?

It's common knowledge, mate. Paul Clement. National newspapers are running "introductory" articles on him in anticipation of the appointment.

ReputationRep:
    Seconds away from winning only to lose on penalties. Wycombe just did a UEFA Super Cup Chelsea.

Well done Southend though, they are promoted!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Southend fans running down Wembley Way to catch the shoot-out was one of the best things I've seen in recent years.

ReputationRep:
    Never leave a game early. Even when we were 6-0 down to Southampton after about 65 minutes e stayed till the end.

Marek bloody Saganowski

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Never leave a game early. Even when we were 6-0 down to Southampton after about 65 minutes e stayed till the end.

Marek bloody Saganowski
    That may be pushing the masochism somewhat, although definitely never go if there's a goal or 2 in it. The City fan who missed us scoring 2 in injury time at Crewe then phoned in whining about a draw was classic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had a fiver on Wycombe, Preston & Norwich

*******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    That may be pushing the masochism somewhat, although definitely never go if there's a goal or 2 in it. The City fan who missed us scoring 2 in injury time at Crewe then phoned in whining about a draw was classic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha I remember that one actually!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Congratulations, Preston. I thought they'd win it but didn't have a clue by that big a margin. Exceptional play for the forwards, who are clearly second-tier class, and Beckford was giving Swindon a torrid time all game. I think the Robins will come again, and they are bound to finish in the top eight next season, but they just need to recruit well and not let this affect them in a bid to get into the Championship.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Jokanovic gone from Watford. Thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post56227225

(Original post by Midlander)
    x
    Well we've released Prosch if you fancy snapping him up.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Football League fixtures to be announced on June 17.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Well we've released Prosch if you fancy snapping him up.
    Erm.............................

................................ ..no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    One of your sources?

It's common knowledge, mate. Paul Clement. National newspapers are running "introductory" articles on him in anticipation of the appointment.
    He probably already appointed- the only reason i really cared was because they may have approached Rowett- but he probably wouldn't have gone
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Brentford name Marinus Dijkhuizen as new head coach. He was in charge of Eredivisie side Excelsior last season.

Well obviously I know next to nothing about him, other than that he led them to the Eredivisie through the play offs. So he has experience of promotion. And I suppose that's good?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.