ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_K1NG)
    Brown is great to watch.
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    Nadal levels the match though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow Nadal double faulting twice in a row at an important point in the match... Needs to get his fighter mentality back ASAP if he wants to get back to the top of the game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Wow Nadal double faulting twice in a row at an important point in the match... Needs to get his fighter mentality back ASAP if he wants to get back to the top of the game
    He's just too vulnerable on serve these days. Every time he steps up to serve I'm never confident he can hold it together.

On the other hand, Dustin Brown just hit a 127mph SECOND serve.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brown is playing fantastically.

I want Nadal to come through, somehow though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RD208)
    He's just too vulnerable on serve these days. Every time he steps up to serve I'm never confident he can hold it together.

On the other hand, Dustin Brown just hit a 127mph SECOND serve.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In the past Nadal was indisputably the best at playing the big points, now he's at his most vulnerable then and relying on his opponents missing more than taking the initiative with his FH. It's a sad sight, I hope he can get his game together sooner rather than later

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely amazing match between Brown and Nadal. I hope Brown can come through and win it!

Looks like a decent guy, and I would love to have a similar playing style to him.

ReputationRep:
    I have a good idea of what Dustin Brown's locker-room smells like.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal about to lose to a player outside of top 100 for a 4th consecutive Wimbledon.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal is finished.

ReputationRep:
    Brown!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well played Brown! Hopefully he can replicate this performance for the next match.

ReputationRep:
    What did I predict at the beginning of the tournament? I said Nadal has no chance of winning Wimbledon. And I've just been proved right! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    People going nuts over Brown. He played well, but it's more Nadal is just bad on grass. He would be out in straight sets playing anyone else in the top 10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_K1NG)
    Nadal about to lose to a player outside of top 100 for a 4th consecutive Wimbledon.
    First qualifier though, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal is so bad these days. I never thought his decline would come so soon. I feel so bad for him.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see a Murray-Brown QF, probably be more competitive than Murray-Nadal would've been, Murray would bagel Nadal if he played like that

ReputationRep:
    Very clear pattern for Nadal at Wimbledon. Since 2011, he's been knocked out all 4 times, all by players ranked outside the top 100, and the matches have all finished with him being aced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    Nadal is far the better player than Federer, as can be seen from the head to head record between the two players. Nadal has basically crushed Federer in all their matches from 2008 onwards. Although both of them are no longer at their peak and will never return to their peak form ever again, Nadal still has a comfortable edge over Federer on all surfaces.
    As for who will win Wimbledon, I very much doubt Nadal will. He's way past his best. Federer's days of winning Grand Slams are over. Djokovic is clearly the most likely to win Wimbledon, with Murray far behind him in 2nd.
    Djokovic who has never beaten Murray on grass?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hodor1)
    Well played Brown! Hopefully he can replicate this performance for the next match.
    He'll be out in straight sets. Put money on it.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.