Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeFeuilly)
    it gives me a B (为什么为什么)
    Why did you say 'Why why' in Chinese?

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on doing English Lit, Psychology, Sociology and Politics at A Level but I'm worried about these subjects being regarded as 'soft'? I'm not sure what I want to do at uni but English is my favourite subject and I enjoy Psychology, which I am currently studying at GCSE. However, would Sociology be too similar to Psychology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sixth form v College

i prefer sixthform anyway i have a sixth form interview on this saturday so when do you guys have yours( if you are going sixth form and what do they ask)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    I'm planning on doing English Lit, Psychology, Sociology and Politics at A Level but I'm worried about these subjects being regarded as 'soft'? I'm not sure what I want to do at uni but English is my favourite subject and I enjoy Psychology, which I am currently studying at GCSE. However, would Sociology be too similar to Psychology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wouldn't say they are soft because to be honest it depends on what you want to do after sixth form/College so for sixthform/college you need to choose subjects which direct you into what you want to do, so i wouldnt care about waht other people say as long as they help me to acheive my goals.

i am doing - A-level chemistry
    A-level Geograph
    A-level maths
    A-level Biology

because i want go to Medical school- to study medicine

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your best bet would be to check different uni websites and see what they regard as 'soft'. Normally if 2 subjects overlap quite significantly then they'd prefer you only take one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys started revising yet for real exams?

ReputationRep:
    Ew we have mocks after half term

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    Have you guys started revising yet for real exams?
    Just some revision sessions at school. Plus we've finished the syllabus in a few of my subjects so we're revising in class

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here choosing to do the IB? (International Baccalaureate)

ReputationRep:
    Our school got two more mocks, in march and april. Thats so much better because it means we can do so much better! LOL Does anyone else has any more mocks apart from the first mock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Déscartés)
    Just some revision sessions at school. Plus we've finished the syllabus in a few of my subjects so we're revising in class

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think we'll finish half our subject specs, so I better get self learning :mad:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry about it. Universities only ask for specific subjects in things like science degrees etc, if you know what you want to do for your degree then I would recommend you look at universities and see if they do ask for any specific subjects. Also, psychology is actually regarded as one of the harder A-Levels as it is a science, and sociology and psychology aren't similar at all, they just go hand in hand together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Positivedani)
    Ew we have mocks after half term

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We have done our mocks before Christmas holidays

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here doing Gcse business studies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its kinda good having mocks in feb because ive been doing a lot of revision for them which has s basically for the real things

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big_dreamer)
    Hahaha same here too. I kinda failed my mocks but they didn't go as bad as I thought. You will be fine
    That's good.

Don't want to jinx mine... :rolleyes: so I'll stay silent on that note. Although our history teacher was marking our papers in a revision session (she told us so as blackmail to be quiet...) and she kept on sighing, laughing incredulously and tutting.

Thanks anyway for the vote of confidence.

(Original post by ha27)
    has anyone started revising for may and june? if so how much a day if not when do u plan to start

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm going to do a bit every day if possible after mocks finish - not a lot, just reviewing topics I find hard for 20 mins or so - I've learnt the hard way with mocks (in progress... ) and last-minute late night cramming is taking its toll. Cuz I understood the stuff when I learnt it, it's just applying it to questions and my short term memory that lets me down. Aka it seems I do well only because I cram. :/ Not good. So yeah. Wbu?

(Original post by dumb cabbage)
    What's the best tip for revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Past papers. And going over weak topics brought up by test results and past papers. Learning from mistakes you made in the past and filling in any gaps in your notes . Question technique. I don't know, can't think of anything else right now. Hope this helped a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    A whole page you year 11 filled with 12's and 10's

meanwhile in the year 10 thread:rip:
    Come to the dark side. We have cookies. Mwahaha.

(if it makes you feel better, this is still the first thread...?)

(Original post by LeFeuilly)
    Mock Spanish results, ohmygods >_<

Writing: B. This was absolutely horrid, especially since I struggle with fitting in c.18 verbs into each writing component; I'm hoping to improve this, though I'm not entirely sure how to save for copious amounts of practice and past papers.

Overall, it gives me a B (为什么为什么) which is a major disappointment as I'm on a predicted grade A, but oh well ...
    Oh gods. That sounds annoying... Someone in my year got told after the first biology exam that she was one mark off a grade boundary so she has to bring it up in the second paper... The pressure must be unreal.

Hope the remarking goes well.

(Original post by Steliata)
    Why did you say 'Why why' in Chinese?
    Um. Direct translation isn't great - it's more of a informal saying kind of thing if that makes sense - like 'omg, what is this life' or 'what did I do to deserve this' kind of meaning if that makes sense (butchered up the translation but ya know. life. ) Not my question to answer but hey.

ReputationRep:
    Lel. Two casual bulk posts in a row. #procrastinating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Positivedani)
    Its kinda good having mocks in feb because ive been doing a lot of revision for them which has s basically for the real things

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Truee I'm not too sure how well I have done I got
    Geography- b
    Maths- b
    English- c
    Double science- cc

I'm happy with geography, my teacher said I can get an A in my real exam for maths (she's basically forcing me to do well so I get an A) with english we hardly did any practice before exam as we were doing more of coursework but after he mocks we did more practice and I believe I can get an A or B (what exam board are you with? My school has changed to Cambridge this year) and for science I did foundation for Biology 1, physics 1 and chemistry 1 so I'm happy but in February we have to do mocks for biology 2, physics 2 and chemistry 2 and i think I'm doing foundation for that however if I get a double cc then I'll be doing higher in summer. I blab on way too much so yeah k thanks for reading baiii .-.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Come to the dark side. We have cookies. Mwahaha.

(if it makes you feel better, this is still the first thread...?)
    Nope I'm fine with the year 12

i don't care much

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.