Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Pls help!! Really worried because I got the signs wrong for this question so would I at least get 1/3 for writing 32(In2)^2

ReputationRep:
    Pls help!! Really worried because I got the signs wrong for this question so would I at least get 1/3 for writing 32(In2)^2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smem_96)
    For question 8b you'd probably get 2/3 method marks, just none of the answer marks
    What about 7b) ? thanks for replying btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayjay531)
    What about 7b) ? thanks for replying btw
    I'm not sure, because 4000 isn't the right number so you might lose mark for that, and then you couldn't get an answer if you used 4000 - (I know this because I didn't read the question either at first and only when I kept getting math error on my calculator I then realised I was supposed to be using 4). So to answer your question, I don't really know how many marks you'd get for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Pls help!! Really worried because I got the signs wrong for this question so would I at least get 1/3 for writing 32(In2)^2.
    Anyone?
    please help

ReputationRep:
    could 71/72 be 100ums

ReputationRep:
    Someone please help!! The only mistake I made was somehow calculating k as 2 for question 6...how many marks would I lose? Does follow through even count?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smem_96)
    I'm not sure, because 4000 isn't the right number so you might lose mark for that, and then you couldn't get an answer if you used 4000 - (I know this because I didn't read the question either at first and only when I kept getting math error on my calculator I then realised I was supposed to be using 4). So to answer your question, I don't really know how many marks you'd get for that.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=xKay;57135357]Have you had a look at the jan 13 exam?[/QUO

Yeh ,just now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasan6091)
    This is really not fair, i have double checked the spec and looked through 3 text books and it does not state anywhere that you have to integrate 3^x or anything similar. So i was never taught it and never came across it in exams.
    Im going to loose six marks because of it
    You are expected to know how to integrate by substitution, and how to differentiate 3^x. It was perfectly fair of Edexcel to set this question,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anorris13)
    You are expected to know how to integrate by substitution, and how to differentiate 3^x. It was perfectly fair of Edexcel to set this question,
    Even if i used subsitution i would not be able to do the question because of the fact that i do not know how to integrate a constant raised to a power because its not in any book or in the spec so my teachers didnt bother teaching it

ReputationRep:
    67-68 in C3 63-64 in C4
    A*????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V0ldemort17)
    Someone please help!! The only mistake I made was somehow calculating k as 2 for question 6...how many marks would I lose? Does follow through even count?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You might lose a method mark and then the final answer mark, so long as the rest of your working is correct

ReputationRep:
    Even if i used subsitution i would not be able to do the question because of the fact that i do not know how to integrate a constant raised to a power because its not in any book or in the spec so my teachers didnt bother teaching it
    I think you are missing the point.... the whole reason to use a substitution is to integrate something that you cannot otherwise integrate

if you let u=3^x, du/dx=3^xln3 which is equivalent to uln3. Therefore dx=(1/uln3)du.
    Change the limits and sub in and you end up having to integrate u wrt u. I believe this is in the specification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abzey_97)
    67-68 in C3 63-64 in C4
    A*????
    Possibly but marginal. Likely 95 UMS for C3, and probably 84/85 for C4, but nobody can really say when it is this close.

ReputationRep:
    I think you are missing the point.... the whole reason to use a substitution is to integrate something that you cannot otherwise integrate

if you let u=3^x, du/dx=3^xln3 which is equivalent to uln3. Therefore dx=(1/uln3)du.
    Change the limits and sub in and you end up having to integrate u wrt u. I believe this is in the specification.
    When you put it that way you are correct i was using the wrong subsitution.
    What grade do you think 48-57 would be

ReputationRep:
    Possibly but marginal. Likely 95 UMS for C3, and probably 84/85 for C4, but nobody can really say when it is this close.

ReputationRep:
    When you put it that way you are correct i was using the wrong subsitution.
    What grade do you think 48-57 would be
    I think 57 will be about 75 UMS, 48 maybe 60ish, not really very good at predicting these beyond the 90 UMS area

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abzey_97)
    No worries, don't stress on it. Do you need an A* for uni?

ReputationRep:
    No worries, don't stress on it. Do you need an A* for uni?
    nope, its more of a personal ambition and something that I feel is not beyond my reach.
    I need an ABB for physics, maths and chem. in any order.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.