Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Adams had it easy though really surrounded by proper men like Bergkamp, Keown, Bould, Seaman, Vieira etc. He was into the vocal ''come on boys'' stuff but the real steel of that group was much more subtle and unspoken. How would he have done surrounded by snakes and spineless cretins like Nasri, Fabregas and Adebayor I wonder? Pissing in the wind would old Tone I'll bet, although at least he probably have decked a few of them. :laugh:

The captaincy is largely a ceremonial role to be truthful, leadership and focus comes from the group as a whole. So whilst Gallas and RVP are hardly the stuff of Rorke's Drift, they were no worse than the group of players whom they were elected from. And I maintain that never in PL history has a bigger group of underachieving pricks been assembled than Arsenal 2008-2011. Cretins almost to a man.

Every team gets the captain it deserves ultimately. Our team lacks leaders, has lacked leaders since 2006 and will continue to lack leaders in all probability. If Santi Cazorla is deemed fit to wear the Arsenal armband then that is surely a sign that it is worthless at present.
    You make some good points and I agree.

You have to ask then why are their no real leaders ? I hear wenger doesn't like personalities in the team or personalities who like to dictate or so it goes. I think we purposefully don't have any proper leaders.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    You make some good points and I agree.

You have to ask then why are their no real leaders ? I hear wenger doesn't like personalities in the team or personalities who like to dictate or so it goes. I think we purposefully don't have any proper leaders.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Genuine leadership and bottle is a rare trait, and the correlation with top class footballing ability is extremely rare. Wenger has a particular type of player, he just wants players with technical ability and if they tick his boxes then whether they are spineless or not is of no consequence to him whatsoever. Throw a lot of spineless bottlers together and the sum will actually be more spineless than the parts. Wenger is a very stubborn man now. I'm sure he has the intelligence to realise that his player profile is deficient, he ignores that because there's this 5'5 CAM at Nice who he has his eye on atm and surely the team with the best technical players will win? . :rolleyes:

There are some players with bottle in our team but they're lost in the general sea. Koscielny, Wilshere and Sanchez at Chelsea would fit in like lego pieces wouldnt they?

ReputationRep:
    Genuine leadership and bottle is a rare trait, and the correlation with top class footballing ability is extremely rare. Wenger has a particular type of player, he just wants players with technical ability and if they tick his boxes then whether they are spineless or not is of no consequence to him whatsoever. Throw a lot of spineless bottlers together and the sum will actually be more spineless than the parts. Wenger is a very stubborn man now. I'm sure he has the intelligence to realise that his player profile is deficient, he ignores that because there's this 5'5 CAM at Nice who he has his eye on atm and surely the team with the best technical players will win? . :rolleyes:

There are some players with bottle in our team but they're lost in the general sea. Koscielny, Wilshere and Sanchez at Chelsea would fit in like lego pieces wouldnt they?
    Lol you talk some sense when you're not drunk .

ReputationRep:
    That may actually have been from one of RVP's reporter mates. He arranged some scandalous propeganda around the time that he left.

Never heard anyone connected with Arsenal utter a bad word about Henry.
    I think I read it from a leaked report of one of your AGMs. A lot of the stuff on there seemed a bit hard to believe though.

ReputationRep:
    really excited for tonight!

Not been this hyped for a football match in a long while..

Probably because its on a monday night, so I have all day at work waiting for the game.. but also because this game just feels exciting. Two big teams, both struggling, both putting in bad performances, both really needing the FA cup this year.. it just feels like its asking for an exciting game, some drama, a lot of goals hopefully.

going in with no expectations.. will make some nice dinner and then enjoy the game
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The key battle tonight is how United look to break down Coquelin.

They are too pedestrian and insipid at times, and without increasing the tempo, I think you'll go relatively untroubled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    The key battle tonight is how United look to break down Coquelin.

They are too pedestrian and insipid at times, and without increasing the tempo, I think you'll go relatively untroubled.
    Oh, that's easy. Bomb down the flanks:
    1) Young gets away from Bellerin
    2) Coq tries to help Bellerin out
    3) Young lobs it to Valencia who's already ran behind Gibbs
    4) Coq tries to help Mertesacker and Koscielny but Rooney's already made the run behind them
    5) Valencia passes to Rooney, scores.
    Perfect.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Oh, that's easy. Bomb down the flanks:
    1) Young gets away from Bellerin
    2) Coq tries to help Bellerin out
    3) Young lobs it to Valencia who's already ran behind Gibbs
    4) Coq tries to help Mertesacker and Koscielny but Rooney's already made the run behind them
    5) Valencia passes to Rooney, scores.
    Perfect.
    With United's insipid, slow movement and build-up, I can't see point 1 happening right now tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Piers Morgan is absolutely gonna lose it tonight when we lose. He's already absolutely bummed by England being out of the cricket world cup so tonight he's going to have an absolute meltdown. Can confirm.

Oh and also we'll be wearing our third kit this evening:
    https://twitter.com/arsenalfantv/sta...88371257921536
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    When I look around the United starting XI, I'd only put De Gea, Rojo and Rooney in your side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Piers Morgan is absolutely gonna lose it tonight when we lose. He's already absolutely bummed by England being out of the cricket world cup so tonight he's going to have an absolute meltdown. Can confirm.

Oh and also we'll be wearing our third kit this evening:
    https://twitter.com/arsenalfantv/sta...88371257921536
    I like that kit.

Arsenal fans, how do you feel about having that complete baboon, Piers Moron, as a fan of your club?

ReputationRep:
    the skin tight kits need to go ffs.

ReputationRep:
    COYG

ReputationRep:
    How did some of you manage to get tickets? Looked a few weeks back all sold out ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    How did some of you manage to get tickets? Looked a few weeks back all sold out ****
    there were loads being sold by united fans when I was looking on the weekend.. starting at around £95..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)

Arsenal fans, how do you feel about having that complete baboon, Piers Moron, as a fan of your club?
    Couldn't give a ****.

Just as Man Utd fans don't give a **** that Harry styles is a fan

Just as Liverpool fans don't give a **** colonel gaddaffis son is a fan.

Just like Chelsea fans who embrace the fact that their fanbase has it's roots in the KKK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    I like that kit.

I love it as well.

I see him the same way my muslim friend sees members of ISIS as part of their religion. He may associate under the same general banner, but I'll be damned if I view him as one of us.

ReputationRep:
    All the people replying to that tweet are hilarious BTW. "Last time we wore a blue kit at Old Trafford, we got hammered.", "The only time we have worn that kit, we lost to Dortmund". Blaming the kit is the kind of thing Brendan would do ffs.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Blaming the kit is the kind of thing Brendan would do ffs.
    Our kits last year were the WOAT, but we were sick. Just goes to show.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal will undo Man Utd on the counter

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...of-fa-cup-game

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.