Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society XVI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I dont recall what i did yesterday, i fear i'm getting so much worse. And on the buildup to getting answers from university. I dont think i should do anything anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Moisturise them twice a day, everyday. Unfortunately there is no quick remedy but using a deep/heavy moisturiser will aid the skin in healing. Make sure you do not use petroleum jelly such as Vaseline, or that there is any used as an ingredient in the moisturiser. It will be labelled as petroleum or something that looks/sounds similar. Petroleum makes the skin think it is already moisturised, thus stopping the skins natural process of healing and moisturising. Really you should avoid it in all moisturisers anyway!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Moisturiser has never really worked for me, I think because they're raised. Didn't know that about petroleum in moisturiser though!

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I was thinking of getting surgery/laser treatment to get rid of mine. Laser could possibly work on one of my arms but the other has too many scars for it to be effective. I still need to look into it a bit more like exact prices and stuff. Also need to make sure I don't do it again.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Both of my thighs are covered in white scars (In the right light I look shiny :mmm:) and sporadically on my lower legs. Like you, I'm wondering if there's too many to cover. I've thought about laser treatment too but it would probably be silly for me to look into it now until I'm at least 6 months or so clean.

ReputationRep:
    can people here just make me re-read what I'm about to post whenever I am doubting it in future please?

anyway; going to apply and do an access course so I can get back into education then go back to Uni, I want to do this, I need to do this. will give me something to aim for, will mean I am doing stuff, will mean I can meet people who share my interests, will mean I have a reason to sort out my sleep & anxiety which hopefully will help me with motivation to do so.

but yeah. fighting bad thoughts and doubts already but gahhhh I should do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    can people here just make me re-read what I'm about to post whenever I am doubting it in future please?

anyway; going to apply and do an access course so I can get back into education then go back to Uni, I want to do this, I need to do this. will give me something to aim for, will mean I am doing stuff, will mean I can meet people who share my interests, will mean I have a reason to sort out my sleep & anxiety which hopefully will help me with motivation to do so.

:lovehug:

Come hither

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Struggling and I don't even know why

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really not feeling well at the moment generally feeling nauseous most of the day, and just pretty drained. Trying my hardest to eat more but not got much of an appetite, need to remember to drink more, no idea whats wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

(Original post by furryface12)
    Struggling and I don't even know why

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Really not feeling well at the moment generally feeling nauseous most of the day, and just pretty drained. Trying my hardest to eat more but not got much of an appetite, need to remember to drink more, no idea whats wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    Last night was good was very drunk for a time, right at the limit of how much I can drink. When out I seem to alternate between having a good night and having a crap night, well, at our SU bar anyway. Last night was one of the good ones . Then ended up talking to a girl, who pretty much gave me a lecture on her religious beliefs, not letting me get a word in! Lool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The GP appt. went well, she said she wants me to keep seeing her on a regular basis though, just so she can keep an eye on me and help if anything goes wrong with uni. stuff (then she can help out with the extenuating circumstances for more easily I guess). We had a long chat about stuff and she's happy with the coping mechanisms I'm trying to employ with the help of friends, still really hard though. Said I seemed a lot more relaxed, but truthfully, that was only because I was dissociating quite a lot. Forgotten what else happened in the appt. because of the dissociation. :facepalm: Was quite long though, over-ran by like ten minutes. Feel bad about that. Gah.

How's everyone doing? :hugs: for those who need/want them.

ReputationRep:

Sounds good to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    The GP appt. went well, she said she wants me to keep seeing her on a regular basis though, just so she can keep an eye on me and help if anything goes wrong with uni. stuff (then she can help out with the extenuating circumstances for more easily I guess). We had a long chat about stuff and she's happy with the coping mechanisms I'm trying to employ with the help of friends, still really hard though. Said I seemed a lot more relaxed, but truthfully, that was only because I was dissociating quite a lot. Forgotten what else happened in the appt. because of the dissociation. :facepalm: Was quite long though, over-ran by like ten minutes. Feel bad about that. Gah.

Glad it went well :hugs:

ReputationRep:

glad your GP appointment went well! it's good she can help with your extenuating circumstances as well, I had to do those a few times & was quite stressful! could you not have told her you were struggling during it or? it's okay if it over-runs, sometimes things do

im okay, had a productive hour or so, sent some emails, sorted stuff in the flat out

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    Sounds good to me
    thanks hope you're doing okay Scary? :hugs:

---

going to a protest on Saturday, not been to one in far too long but they sent me an invite on Facebook & I can get on the free coach the Uni's are using so that should be good. gotta sort out my nomination forms for council elections which is scary but my mums gonna help me with it tomorrow then getting help from someone else later as well.

positive things Rory, POSITIVE THINGS. (this bit is just to reinforce them to my brain so it doesn't start having a meltdown )
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Sitting in school in so much pain in my chest and wanting to cry cause this is all too much, I feel like **** and so worthless

ReputationRep:
    Had a realisation that i'm not sure I want to do my degree anymore :/

ReputationRep:
    I've had such good news but I'm not allowed to tell people and it's sooooooo hard! Feeling fabby.

How are we all? :grouphugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

See, didn't I say GP appointment would be fine? Sorry you dissociated though. Don't feel bad about anything - that's the mark of a good GP, overrunning/running late, imho :yep:

(Original post by CescaD96)
    Sitting in school in so much pain in my chest and wanting to cry cause this is all too much, I feel like **** and so worthless
    :jumphug: Not worthless at all, sweetie :lovehug:

(Original post by sherbet_lemons7)
    I've had such good news but I'm not allowed to tell people and it's sooooooo hard! Feeling fabby.

Argh, secret-keeping is the worst thing EVER :sadnod: Glad you've had good news though

Good on you! Sorry bout the bad thoughts. You never know how something may pan out until you try. You might just surprise yourself by how much you enjoy your access course
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)

:jumphug: Not worthless at all, sweetie :lovehug:
    I was having an ok-ish day and then my Religion teacher triggered me, and I feel so ill now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherbet_lemons7)

:banana: :party:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Saw my psychiatrist and got prescribed a mood-stabilizer on top of everything else. I added them up; I'm now on 12 pills a day! That's more than my grandma and she's 89 :nothing:

I don't know if the psychiatrist thinks I'm bipolar or what.... :confused: Really should have asked.

Anyone here taken a mood-stabilizer?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    I was having an ok-ish day and then my Religion teacher triggered me, and I feel so ill now.
    :jumphug: I'm about to go out but if you're having trouble sleeping or whatever we can chat once I'm back? Not sure when that will be, that's the only thing...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.