The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Nope, right here in the good old U of K!
Then why care about getting 50% off of fees that you will never really have to worry about? I'd rather have a scholarship worth £4500 each year to live of off then some imaginary £4500 that I'll never see or feel the difference from:erm:
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
If these are the recent ones then they can't vote though - you have to have been a TSR user for 3 months with 150 posts.
One month with 300 posts right?

anyway if they don't furfill the criteria then they can PM birch and he dupe checks them or something and then their vote counts right?
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Financier)
Congratulations! What Uni are you off to then?
University of East Anglia!!! Not the absolute top, haha, but I really like it, and got unconditional there as well so hey ho And cheers mate!
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
One month with 300 posts right?

anyway if they don't furfill the criteria then they can PM birch and he dupe checks them or something and then their vote counts right?
I'm pretty sure it's a strict 3 months and 150 posts.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Then why care about getting 50% off of fees that you will never really have to worry about? I'd rather have a scholarship worth £4500 each year to live of off then some imaginary £4500 that I'll never see or feel the difference from:erm:
Well, you know these things called ermmm, let me think - Student Loans... you know - the ones which we have to pay back...

I'll explain it - so, when you earn over a certain amount, you then have to pay the loans back. I'd personally like to only have to pay a small amount back, rather than a bigger amount...
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm pretty sure it's a strict 3 months and 150 posts.
I know that the speaker accepts PM's from those that haven't met the requirements or at least you can vote via PM so I'd assume that it's for those who haven't met the requirements:/
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, you know these things called ermmm, let me think - Student Loans... you know - the ones which we have to pay back...

I'll explain it - so, when you earn over a certain amount, you then have to pay the loans back. I'd personally like to only have to pay a small amount back, rather than a bigger amount...
But you pay back so little and it's written off in 25 years that it really isn't worth it... Either way you'll likely never pay back the interest and loan in time. Besides if you are earning enough to pay it back then you won't miss £21 a year... But having £4500 as a student when you really need it would help more.
TeeEff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
University of East Anglia!!! Not the absolute top, haha, but I really like it, and got unconditional there as well so hey ho And cheers mate!
Sweet! Not as much exam pressure then and a reduction in debt to boot
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I know that the speaker accepts PM's from those that haven't met the requirements or at least you can vote via PM so I'd assume that it's for those who haven't met the requirements:/
I thought it was for if you couldn't use the poll, such as via the app.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
But you pay back so little and it's written off in 25 years that it really isn't worth it... Either way you'll likely never pay back the interest and loan in time. Besides if you are earning enough to pay it back then you won't miss £21 a year... But having £4500 as a student when you really need it would help more.
Firstly, I get money off my fees, which is better than nothing, so I'm not gonna start complaining am I... actually no - I'm gonna go back and ask for actual money... because that's not just rude...

And where does it say that you stop paying it back after 25 years...? You start paying when you hit £21,000 a year, and stop if you go below that - if you then go back over, you continue to pay... it's only paid off when you die... And whilst for my first few years of working I'm not expecting to have a massive salary, I would hope that I continue to earn enough and increase my earning that I pay back enough... And where do you get £21 a year from?? lol - you pay back £30 a month when you earn over £25,000 (which I hope to be doing...). Over £30,000 you pay back £67 a month, and over £50,000 is £217/month.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not sure, but to make an account you need to be on PC so they should have the time to come on and cast one vote hopefully birch can clear this up...

also can the poll even be set to have requirements for voting?
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yep - if the vote doesn't work for you and you are eligible then you have to PM - if you aren't eligible, it's just a simple not being able to vote...
(Original post by The Financier)
Sweet! Not as much exam pressure then and a reduction in debt to boot
YEP Although, if you're Aph, then you won't be paying any debt for some reason...!!!
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I'm not sure, but to make an account you need to be on PC so they should have the time to come on and cast one vote hopefully birch can clear this up...

also can the poll even be set to have requirements for voting?
I think it's meant to be set so that you can only vote if you hit the requirements. Hence him putting about PMing him if you hit the requirements, but it doesn't let you - not sure if it works anyway though...
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Firstly, I get money off my fees, which is better than nothing, so I'm not gonna start complaining am I... actually no - I'm gonna go back and ask for actual money... because that's not just rude...

And where does it say that you stop paying it back after 25 years...? You start paying when you hit £21,000 a year, and stop if you go below that - if you then go back over, you continue to pay... it's only paid off when you die... And whilst for my first few years of working I'm not expecting to have a massive salary, I would hope that I continue to earn enough and increase my earning that I pay back enough... And where do you get £21 a year from?? lol - you pay back £30 a month when you earn over £25,000 (which I hope to be doing...). Over £30,000 you pay back £67 a month, and over £50,000 is £217/month.
I'm just saying I wouldn't be so happy.

student loans are written off after 25 years... You know that right??
I meant a month sorry.
JoeL1994
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
it's only paid off when you die
(Original post by Aph)
x

Student Loans are wiped 30 years from the day of graduation regardless.

Grab a drink while I sit down with a Gin and lemonade?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JoeL1994)

Yeah, I just checked that, being a bit optimistic I guess still the point is that they aren't like long.
Midnightmemories
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

how are you this evening?
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I'm just saying I wouldn't be so happy.

student loans are written off after 25 years... You know that right??
I meant a month sorry.
God, I'm sorry I'm happy for getting a scholarship - it's not always about the money... but I'll remember that in future thanks. I'm just happy knowing that I've done an essay which they felt is good enough to give me a scholarship - so again, in a time when not a lot makes me happy, I'm happy that I got his

Anyway - a choice between over 50% off fees, or nothing - what would rather?

Apparently 30 years... in any case, it'll be nice to pay off my loan...

Well, apparently 25 according to Aph... Gin and lemonade??? I'll be having a gin and lemonade!!!
JoeL1994
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Midnightmemories)
how are you this evening?
I am excellent :P Your self?

Gin and lemonade??? I'll be having a gin and lemonade!!!
Another one for Midnightmemories too please?
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am excellent :P Your self?

Another one for Midnightmemories too please?
Sure! And lol - I meant to put I'll be having a gin and tonic lol!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.73%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.65%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.2%
It might lead to more bullying (132)
38.6%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.82%

Watched Threads