Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NR_898)
    Offer from Durham!!!
    Congratulations! Could I ask what you're LNAT was and you're predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    Firming kings but don't know whether to insure Bristol or QMUL (same requirements). Love London and the course at QMUL (law and politics) because I'm super interested in politics as well as law but Bristol seems cosy, cheaper and of course it is a wonderful university. The course at Bristol, despite being straight law, looks great too when looking into the optional units! Does anyone go to either of these universities and can tell me about student life/the courses or does anyone have any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SebastianCanuck)
    "Good rugby team" when Leicester's top of the prem
    They made it quite clear on the open day they were the only city in England to have a top flight Rugby, Football and Cricket team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NR_898)
    Offer from Durham!!!
    Congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeg56)
    Firming kings but don't know whether to insure Bristol or QMUL (same requirements). Love London and the course at QMUL (law and politics) because I'm super interested in politics as well as law but Bristol seems cosy, cheaper and of course it is a wonderful university. The course at Bristol, despite being straight law, looks great too when looking into the optional units! Does anyone go to either of these universities and can tell me about student life/the courses or does anyone have any ideas?
    What makes you prefer Kings to Bristol? Is it just the location? A lot of people would shy away from London (for uni) due to the costs of living, congestion etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oli19919)
    What makes you prefer Kings to Bristol? Is it just the location? A lot of people would shy away from London (for uni) due to the costs of living, congestion etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For me, the course was my favourite (Politics, philosophy and law). In general, it has everything I was looking for - international community, great location and my favourite course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellejennifer)
    Just been rejected from Bristol. Quite gutted. For those who are wondering, my grades are:
    predicted A*AB (English, biology maths)
    AABB at as last year
    27 in the LNAT
    6A*s 4As at GCSE

does anyone know what unis were in adjustment last year for law?
    Still waiting to hear back from Bristol and they're my first choice but after reading this I am expecting a rejection, we seem pretty similar candidates I got AABB too, am predicted A*AA, got 9 A*s, 2 As and 2 Bs but only got 25 in my LNAT. Currently got offers from Newcastle, Warwick and Kings and a rejection from UCL. Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    Has Nottingham sent out any rejections yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahblake)
    Still waiting to hear back from Bristol and they're my first choice but after reading this I am expecting a rejection, we seem pretty similar candidates I got AABB too, am predicted A*AA, got 9 A*s, 2 As and 2 Bs but only got 25 in my LNAT. Currently got offers from Newcastle, Warwick and Kings and a rejection from UCL. Fingers crossed.
    Are you an international student?

Also, out of curiosity, why do you prefer Bristol over Kings? Is it because of the cost of living?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasmine Lim)
    Are you an international student?

Also, out of curiosity, why do you prefer Bristol over Kings? Is it because of the cost of living?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No not an international student? And not necessarily the cost of living, just preferred the city and university on a whole, better feel for the place. I know a lot of people that hated University life in London due to how busy and intense it can be, however many others love it. Bristol just seemed a better student city for me personally and the law school was beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SebastianCanuck)
    Congratulations! Could I ask what you're LNAT was and you're predicted grades?
    Thanks a lot! I was exempted from the LNAT due to some circumstances and as for predicted grades, I'm in a Canadian school system and my school doesn't give predicted grades (Durham didn't ask for them too) but I took my IGCSEs last year and so I'm guessing they were an alternative to predicted grades in my case since I switched systems. I got 2 A*s 4 A's and 3 B's, if you're wondering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olsena)
    Congrats
    Thank you! Have you applied there?

ReputationRep:
    See you at Kings!! I've also firmed Kings and insured Bristol!

(Original post by chloeg56)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariewilliams)
    See you at Kings!! I've also firmed Kings and insured Bristol!
    What chance do I stand for law at LSE
    GCSE: A* A* A* A B B B B C C D
    AS: AAAA
    A2: A* A* A*
    strong personal statement

any advice is widely appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by highfly)
    What chance do I stand for law at LSE
    GCSE: A* A* A* A B B B B C C D
    AS: AAAA
    A2: A* A* A*
    strong personal statement

any advice is widely appreciated
    GCSEs are weak, but AS/A2 seem to be up to par with what most applicants have. A general point that I've heard is that people shouldn't rely *too* much on a "strong" personal statement to compensate for glaring weaknesses elsewhere in their application, due to the fact that their view may be skewed on how strong it is exactly compared to others in their cohort, and the reality that most offer holders are bound to have a combo of top grades + strong P.S.

Do you have any extenuating circumstances for those GCSEs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    GCSEs are weak, but AS/A2 seem to be up to par with what most applicants have. A general point that I've heard is that people shouldn't rely *too* much on a "strong" personal statement to compensate for glaring weaknesses elsewhere in their application, due to the fact that their view may be skewed on how strong it is exactly compared to others in their cohort, and the reality that most offer holders are bound to have a combo of top grades + strong P.S.

Do you have any extenuating circumstances for those GCSEs?
    My sibling went through various mental illnesses and was hospitalised during the time of my GCSE's for 3months which put a strain on me as she could have died

ReputationRep:
    My sibling went through various mental illnesses and was hospitalised during the time of my GCSE's for 3months which put a strain on me as she could have died
    You should definitely mention that on your academic reference. It would be beneficial if your tutor could explain exactly how this affected you (by losing time visiting her, being stressed/worried about her, losing sleep, etc), so that they can take it seriously.

LSE's entry requirements can be found here.
    This is what they say about GCSEs: "We look for excellent GCSE grades including the majority at A* and A. The Law selectors consider not just the number of top GCSE grades that you have, but also your overall GCSE subject profile."

ReputationRep:
    Thank you ,but do you think they will take it seriously, I have a medical note from my siblings consultant doctor from GCSEs when I applied for special consideration , will this definitely imporve my chances on getting to lse

ReputationRep:
    Thank you ,but do you think they will take it seriously, I have a medical note from my siblings consultant doctor from GCSEs when I applied for special consideration , will this definitely imporve my chances on getting to lse
    It will definitely improve your chances, but whether that will be enough to actually get you an offer remains to be seen...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaJBrady)
    Anyone going to the UCL law offer holders day tomorrow?
    I've still not even heard anything back from them yet... anyone else in the same boat?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.