UCL Medicine 2010 Watch

Noble.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Scherzando225)
well last time you said it was around 350 that had 5,5,9, and there are actually more like 800 people invited to interview making that more than half who don't have 5,5,9:p:
It is, obviously you're not going to get the exact same number of applicants, to UCL, who turn out to achieve 5,5,9. It's always been around 340-390 though.

Even UCL couldn't say how many people they're going to interview, since people are interviewed in decreasing order of priority, and they simply stop interviewing once they've filled all the places.

Having just checked the website, there was in fact more than 2700 applicants to UCL, for 2009 entry. Even assuming that they're going to interview 800 people, that still only leaves 370 places, at interview, for the remaining 2300 applicants.
loveisjustasong
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Noble.)
It is, obviously you're not going to get the exact same number of applicants, to UCL, who turn out to achieve 5,5,9. It's always been around 340-390 though.

Even UCL couldn't say how many people they're going to interview, since people are interviewed in decreasing order of priority, and they simply stop interviewing once they've filled all the places.

Having just checked the website, there was in fact more than 2700 applicants to UCL, for 2009 entry. Even assuming that they're going to interview 800 people, that still only leaves 370 places, at interview, for the remaining 2300 applicants.
Why are you so interested in medical admissions?
Noble.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
Why are you so interested in medical admissions?
Probably because I'm applying for medicine next year.
RoadWarrior
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Undulipodium)
What time's your interview?

and how's prep going? I'm guessing you're concentrating on Caius
Undulipodium
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RoadWarrior)
What time's your interview?

and how's prep going? I'm guessing you're concentrating on Caius
I'm deeply screwed. Deeply.
RoadWarrior
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm deeply screwed. Deeply.
Why's that?

Is yours in the morning or afternoon?
Undulipodium
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RoadWarrior)
Why's that?

Is yours in the morning or afternoon?
I mean for Caius, but my UCL interview is at 1100 :p:

Just found out that one of my biology teachers interviews for UCL. Unfortunately they have to declare their interest :ninja:
RoadWarrior
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I mean for Caius, but my UCL interview is at 1100 :p:

Just found out that one of my biology teachers interviews for UCL. Unfortunately they have to declare their interest :ninja:
haha unlucky :p:

Mine's 10.20
livelovelaughalways
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Noble.)
UCL guarantee interviews to people who achieve 5,5,9, so they can't reject someone prior to the BMAT results.
UCL guarantees interviews to those who achieve 5, 5, 9 AND meet all their entry requirements AND selection criteria..

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/medicalschool/mbbs-admissions/

so even if you have 5,5,9 or higher in your BMAT, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get an interview i don't think..
tina2010
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Spencer Wells)
1) UCL got your BMAT results before you did.
2) If your application were truly remarkable, you'd have had an interview invite even before then.
UCL told me that i was rejected purely on the basis of my bmat scores so it was very irresponsible of you to say that "my application was excellent by my standards,but not by ucl standards".It sounds wrong coming from someone mouth who hasnt even read my personal statment and giving me such a bold remarks.Do you speak on behalf of ucl admission coz if you do then its student's forum and i hav every right to present my reasons of being rejected .I would suggest that if UCL wants to advice/help students on their application then they should have their own forums rather than bothering here.Btw i didnt ask you about my standard of application nor do i feel the need to explain to you how good my application was,when UCL replied back themselves so stop rubbing in your nose when its not needed.I feel the duty to complain to UCL because its totally iresponsible behaviour that someone like you should be representing UCL and even if you arent,then you do act like that you know more than anyone else. :mad:
loveisjustasong
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tina2010)
UCL told me that i was rejected purely on the basis of my bmat scores so it was very irresponsible of you to say that "my application was excellent by my standards,but not by ucl standards".It sounds wrong coming from someone mouth who hasnt even read my personal statment and giving me such a bold remarks.Do you speak on behalf of ucl admission coz if you do then its student's forum and i hav every right to present my reasons of being rejected .I would suggest that if UCL wants to advice/help students on their application then they should have their own forums rather than bothering here.Btw i didnt ask you about my standard of application nor do i feel the need to explain to you how good my application was,when UCL replied back themselves so stop rubbing in your nose when its not needed.I feel the duty to complain to UCL because its totally iresponsible behaviour that someone like you should be representing UCL and even if you arent,then you do act like that you know more than anyone else. :mad:
Tina, don't get so worked up about it. UCL rejected you because they did. I know how upset and disappointed you must feel but just try and move forward. Did UCL actually say they rejected you just because of the BMAT? What was your score?
Neomaster121
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
wow you want to report someone on a forum to a university lol

sorry that u didn't get through but still... whats with the hype

you reporting who ever won't get you the place
The Megatron
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Good plan on ringing them up. I'm sure they'll give you an offer then and there!
Alex D
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
someone like you should be representing UCL and even if you arent,then you do act like that you know more than anyone else. :mad:
Absolutely. In no way should someone who studied at UCL for 6 years have any idea about it, or be able to comment on it. It's shocking
smile-always
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Alex D)
Absolutely. In no way should someone who studied at UCL for 6 years have any idea about it, or be able to comment on it. It's shocking
Lol. I agree with Alex D. xxx
Wangers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You diddn't know on NMM Spencer is actually Dr Brenda Cross?? :eek3: :woo: :p:
tina2010
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My 3 cousins n sister studied medicine in UCL,that doesnt mean someone would know how medical admission system works??
Spencer Wells
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was on the medical school admissions panel, so I have some idea.
Martial44
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well, i would think the idea of having a post UCL admissions dude on the forum to inform us prospective medics was a good idea so im not sure people on here seem to be unwelcoming.
friends
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i got 4.9/5.1/10.5 in my bmat do you think i will make the ucl guaranteed interview list.i meet there other requirements
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (524)
37.59%
No - but I will (109)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (665)
47.7%

Watched Threads