Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILikeTheGame)
    No, I didn't even get a letter saying I got rejected just this one about a different course
    Hmm, phone them? I've heard people getting a letter informing them that they have been rejected and that their details have been passed to some other UEA department for consideration. Keep an eye on Track too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarthRob)
    From what I can tell i've already had an offer from East Anglia without an interview.

I'm not sure how it all works as i'm going aged 21 after being in work for a few years, so don't have school/college guiding me through. But i've been taking an Open University course in preperation and have been given a conditional offer based on me passing my OU courses.

Is that all I need to do? Or am I going to need an interview as well?
    How exactly can you tell? Does UCAS Track say 'successful'? Have you had any letters/e-mails/phone calls?

What OU course is it? I don't think you can get in without interview.

Oh, welcome to TSR new member! How nice of you to make that your first post!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh interview soon, getting really worried, I'm so scared I won't get into med school this year :cry2:!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Andrew_)
    Ahh interview soon, getting really worried, I'm so scared I won't get into med school this year :cry2:!
    Aww :hugs: have faith! You'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ignoramus)
    Aww :hugs: have faith! You'll be fine.

Aww thanks, can you give me some interview advice, I mean you do have like 4 offers. :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks, can you give me some interview advice, I mean you do have like 4 offers. :puppyeyes:
    Heh, not four offers, only two unfortunately.

My advice: know your personal statement really well and expect them to ask questions related to weak area or areas that they think you'll find it hard to justify/back up what you said. Read around a particular article you've seen on the internet, so you can talk about it if they ask you questions about it.

Be yourself and confident!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ignoramus)
    Heh, not four offers, only two unfortunately.

My advice: know your personal statement really well and expect them to ask questions related to weak area or areas that they think you'll find it hard to justify/back up what you said. Read around a particular article you've seen on the internet, so you can talk about it if they ask you questions about it.

Be yourself and confident!
    Oh didn't you get an offer from Kings? Where did you look for the medical articles, just the old BBC health news? Did you have any mock interviews? Sorry for the question bombardment:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh didn't you get an offer from Kings? Where did you look for the medical articles, just the old BBC health news? Did you have any mock interviews? Sorry for the question bombardment:rolleyes:
    King's haven't got back to me. It's been ages!

I used BBC health news, yes. It's awesome! :awesome:

I got the most rubbish mock interview ever from my referee at school, who read me some questions off a sheet and nodded when I said something. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long it takes for UeA to get back to u after the interview? Also ive been waiting AGESSSS for my UEA interview, found out i had it in decemeber, still havent taken it yet :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kosmo72)
    Does anyone know how long it takes for UeA to get back to u after the interview? Also ive been waiting AGESSSS for my UEA interview, found out i had it in decemeber, still havent taken it yet :/
    Last year, UEA said they wouldn't give out any decisions after interview until everyone had been interviewed (though I *think* they gave some earlier). I imagine they'll be doing the same this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    Last year, UEA said they wouldn't give out any decisions after interview until everyone had been interviewed (though I *think* they gave some earlier). I imagine they'll be doing the same this year.

When abouts was the last interview date last year? Do they give out offers shortly after? I'm so desperate for an offer from somewhere, I have a terrible feeling I won't get into medicine this year!:confused:

ReputationRep:
    When abouts was the last interview date last year? Do they give out offers shortly after? I'm so desperate for an offer from somewhere, I have a terrible feeling I won't get into medicine this year!
    Have a look at last years stalking thread - might give you some idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderfulworld)
    i am soooooo scared for mine. i feel like i m not prepared at all and i m going to go blank there.
    nebody who has already had their interview - please share ur experiences and any unexpected questions u were asked please (only if u r allowed to say that is)

i will be very grateful. thanks.
    I've moved your post through to the UEA applicants thread in the medical schools forum as this is where most of the applicants tend to post rather than in the UEA forum.

As far as questions go, discussion of specific questions people have been asked isn't allowed (see here). Sorry! I know the UEA admissions would rather people go into the interview completely unprepared so they're more natural. No harm in thinking about the general questions asked at interview though.

ReputationRep:
    Um, I know this forum is dead but yeah, I would really like some info on an OSCE style interview. If anyone could shed some light on what kind of questions the following points have in mind that would be most helpful. This is what UEA website said about the interview will be tested on:

1.Capacity to thrive in the UEA curriculum (tested over two stations)
    2.An acceptable approach to decision making when given incomplete of conflicting information (tested over 2 stations)
    3.A caring and supportive attitude towards peers (tested one station)
    4.A high level of determination towards a medical career (tested over one station)
    5.Evidence of personal effectiveness (tested over one station)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenTeaLeaf)
    Um, I know this forum is dead but yeah, I would really like some info on an OSCE style interview. If anyone could shed some light on what kind of questions the following points have in mind that would be most helpful. This is what UEA website said about the interview will be tested on:

2.An acceptable approach to decision making when given incomplete of conflicting information (tested over 2 stations)
    4.A high level of determination towards a medical career (tested over one station)

Hey, when is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    nebody havs their interview on the 4th?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by GreenTeaLeaf)

Well by giving you information, that's kinda cheating.
    If you've been invited for interview then they send you a pack with more information about the stations, which should clear things up a bit

ReputationRep:
    I'm so worried about the personal effectiveness station, it's so obviously going to ask for an example of where you've done something or another, what if I can't think of an example?!? My interview is next Monday at 4.30, anyone else there at that time? Also, will they cut me of straightaway if I don't finish my answer within the 5 minutes, oh gosh, i'M SCREWED. GAP YEAR FTW

ReputationRep:
    I'm so worried about the personal effectiveness station, it's so obviously going to ask for an example of where you've done something or another, what if I can't think of an example?!? My interview is next Monday at 4.30, anyone else there at that time? Also, will they cut me of straightaway if I don't finish my answer within the 5 minutes, oh gosh, i'M SCREWED. GAP YEAR FTW
    Hah mines on at 2:20 that day :P lol but yeah that personal effectiveness question is rubbish. I have no idea either. Btw they will cut you off if your just babbling but they also cut you off if you answer the question so you dont really know if its good or bad if they cut you off lol. Good luck anyway :P
    'Hopeful UEA med student'
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I thought of a really obscure one for mine! I guess as long as you can justify it, it doesn't really matter. Might make them laugh too. And they do cut you off, although you might be able to finish your sentence. They explain the format to you when you get in there anyhow

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 27, 2013

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.