Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2011 Graduate Entry Medicine Applicants - Interviews, Offers etc. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey got an offer from swansea - so excited!
    Well done lexie_89 look forward to meeting you and everyone else.
    Any other future Swansea medics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mgb)

Hello! *waves*

Swansea baby!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mgb)
    Looking forward to meeting you too

ReputationRep:
    update of hwere i am:
    barts (4yr) - rejection w/o interview
    Warwick (4yr - duh) interview 23/3/11
    bristol (5yr) - still not heard
    UEA (5yr) - interview 13/1/11- offer 16/3/11

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham rejection. Had my 1st choice (Swansea) anyway so it doesn't matter

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_bull)
    Liverpool offer!
    Congratulations! Was your offer for A101 or A100?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaRoar)
    Congratulations! Was your offer for A101 or A100?
    Thank you! The offer is for A101

ReputationRep:
    Bristol A101 interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicalMaverick9)
    Bristol A101 interview
    Woah, that's pretty late. But exciting times! Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    People with swansea offers i have a quick question which i need clarification on before i firm my offer. on the swansea website they say

'Disclaimer, The GMC is working with Swansea School of Medicine to validate its new Graduate Entry Medicine undergraduate degree programme, which is being introduced for students admitted from September 2009. Subject to a satisfactory final report, Swansea students will be awarded UK medical degrees by the University of Wales from 2013. Swansea also delivers a graduate entry undergraduate degree in partnership with Cardiff Medical School for students admitted prior to 2009.'

Does this mean that it could be possible that we start stduying there and then halfway through our course (2013) the GMC don't validate the swansea course and we are left with a useless degree?

ReputationRep:
    Barts rejection. Whatever, I wasn't considering going to you ANYWAY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miklc)
    Haha, I'm the same with the Liverpool rejection I got yesterday. Although secretly, I'm really miffed. I thought my interview was great there and now I'm paranoid that I'm not actually doctor material and my Birmingham offer was just a fluke...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaRoar)
    Haha, I'm the same with the Liverpool rejection I got yesterday. Although secretly, I'm really miffed. I thought my interview was great there and now I'm paranoid that I'm not actually doctor material and my Birmingham offer was just a fluke...
    Yeh! I didn't want it but felt I deserved it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dandedo2)
    Just wondering, has anybody heard anything at all from Keele for their 4 year course?

I got a decent GAMSAT score (made the other cutoffs), and have heard nothing, other than reading they are interviewing in March on their web site.

On NNM someone has asked, but noone has replied, so thought I would pose the question here.

Hey. I've applied too. I got an offer for the 5yr programme but not a peep about the 4yr. I know this post was a while ago so have you had anything in the meanwhile?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina :-))
    Hey. I've applied too. I got an offer for the 5yr programme but not a peep about the 4yr. I know this post was a while ago so have you had anything in the meanwhile?
    I am a graduate with an offer for the 5yr at Keele. I did not do the GAMSAT but i read on NMM that people have been invited for interview and someone has received an offer for Keele's 4yr. Where are your other choices? You must really have liked Keele to apply to its 4 and 5 year programmes.

ReputationRep:
    Finally heard back from Cardiff (A100) - Offer!

Means I can now firm Swansea - Horray

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miklc)
    hey yeh same..shove it barts:mad:

Im kinda in the same situation as you..got a 5 year offer and hoping on the warwick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carr-Agger)

hoping on the warwick
    You heard back from Warwick yet?
    I'm still waiting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cloud Idea Loop)
    You heard back from Warwick yet?
    I'm still waiting...
    nope..will wait until next wed and if nothin gonna call them..i feel offers are still filtering through

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.