Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roblee)
    Why is it that all the CS people (who are supposed to know this stuff) seem to fail in D1? It's basically computer science, we should be able to do this!

Nope, all exams except physics and retakes are in June for us... Fail one and it's set sail for the Uni of Notts
    I know right?? Why do CS peeps fail any of the D modules? D2 is SOO much more fun than D1 :teehee: The boys in my further maths class were convincing me that computer science wasn't the course for me because I failed D1 & D2. :cry2: And there were some sexist reasons too I think :nothing:
    And wth you're insuring Nottingham?? :shock: No offence but don't you like live in Nottingham? :lolwut:

(Original post by bzzz)
    I don't really like applied either but they're easier than the pure modules
    :nooo: NOOOO! Pure modules are defo easier... On OCR at least Out of the 4 applied modules I've done so far, I've only got 1 A in S1. S2, D2 and D1 are all bootylicious Bs. :teehee: The pure modules on the other hand- beaut.

IS ANY ONE DOING OCR (NON MEI) FP2 THIS MONDAY THE 10TH?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    I know right?? Why do CS peeps fail any of the D modules? D2 is SOO much more fun than D1 :teehee: The boys in my further maths class were convincing me that computer science wasn't the course for me because I failed D1 & D2. :cry2: And there were some sexist reasons too I think :nothing:
    And wth you're insuring Nottingham?? :shock: No offence but don't you like live in Nottingham? :lolwut:
    Probably because we're too busy writing the algorithms to bother following them :cool: (who does a partition sort in their head? Seriously?)

I'm insurancing my hometown just in case something seriously bad happens and I need to live locally, for whatever reason. Was going to insurance Manchester regardless, but having been there they just don't seem to radiate the same aura of success that other Russel Group unis do </snob>
    Also, they don't even have a decent skatepark. WTF?

ReputationRep:

What's C1 again?

Never mind, I remember now
    Differentiation blew my mind when we first learnt it

(Original post by Mathelete)
    I am doingthat too!!

Just finishing M3 right now..
    Me too :cool: Or at least I'm trying.... I'm on the last exercise of the last chapter at the moment (haven't done the mixed or review exercises but oh well) I learnt the bulk of it during the Christmas holidays so hopefully I'll still remember most of the material and won't need to do much revision

(Original post by nikita_atikin)
    :nooo: NOOOO! Pure modules are defo easier... On OCR at least Out of the 4 applied modules I've done so far, I've only got 1 A in S1. S2, D2 and D1 are all bootylicious Bs. :teehee: The pure modules on the other hand- beaut.
    :yucky: Pure makes me want to bash my head against the wall on occasion (why am I going to study it? :rolleyes:) but then again, so does mechanics... But S1/S2/D1 are just following instructions (at least on Edexcel), there's no real thinking involved

ReputationRep:
    I am doingthat too!!

Just finishing M3 right now..
    I love your username because my AS Further Maths class used to call ourselves the Furthermatheletes And it's a subtle Mean Girls reference, I take it you're female?

Probably because we're too busy writing the algorithms to bother following them :cool: (who does a partition sort in their head? Seriously?)

I'm insurancing my hometown just in case something seriously bad happens and I need to live locally, for whatever reason. Was going to insurance Manchester regardless, but having been there they just don't seem to radiate the same aura of success that other Russel Group unis do &lt;/snob&gt;
    You should have applied to Bristol :yep: And I'm sure Manchester does have skateparks. You're such a lad!

ReputationRep:
    :angelwings: new aero emoticon recommendation xD
    Cheers for making the thread, here is the list of people I know to have offers:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViralRiver)
    OK that fits aero eng well enough I guess

EDIT: Is that emoticon.... Pink?

ReputationRep:
    Pink? I declare that us aero-ers have the best emoticon now =D .

I'll join the failing D1 club... got 78 in it after walking out thinking I aced it and got 100 >.> (the only module I have a B in :<). You won't believe why either! I drew slightly over the line in one of those inequality graph questions and they marked me down by 1, which scaled to 2 UMS.. eughhh
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:

I'll join the failing D1 club... got 78 in it after walking out thinking I aced it and got 100 >.> (the only module I have a B in :<). You won't believe why either! I drew slightly over the line in one of those inequality graph questions and they marked me down by 1, which scaled to 2 UMS.. eughhh
    That is harsh... Especially when in the majority of situations it doesn't even matter whether it's or . However the whole module is a joke anyway since multiplying matrices by hand really is no job for a mathematician (at least not in this day and century :cool:)
    I guess since you nearly got an A anyway you won't be retaking. Lucky sod grumble grumble

ReputationRep:
    It makes no difference really if I retake. If I get an A*, it all relies on my modules this year, and if I miss the A*, there's just no way I could miss it by so much that an extra few marks in D1 would be mandatory for an A. As for chemistry.... well... let's just say it probably won't be certificated at the end of the year ^_^

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=nikita_atikin;29211751]I love your username because my AS Further Maths class used to call ourselves the Furthermatheletes And it's a subtle Mean Girls reference, I take it you're female?

hahahaha!

No I am not female, in our class we have a girl called eleri who called us the mathelete so I just made up this... (Didnt realise the implications though!)

ReputationRep:
    Did you go to the OpenDay @ SheffUni around late november time???? please tell me you did!

ReputationRep:
    They do, its pretty decent and close to the university

btw. I just found this, its probably going to amuse some cs students

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha!

No I am not female, in our class we have a girl called eleri who called us the mathelete so I just made up this... (Didnt realise the implications though!)
    Us girls are sooooo cool :cool: You're a part of the Mean Girls clan now

ReputationRep:
    Offer for G103 Maths. A*A and a grade 2 in STEP II or III.

ReputationRep:
    Offer for "H410 Aeronautical Engineering.": 15 (95%) in Maths and Physics (German Abitur)

Looking at all the IB and Abitur offers (and A-Level offers as well of course, although it seems to me like IB and Abitur offers are set a little higher, aren't they?), A.E. at IC seems REEEAAALLY competitive...

But anyway...I'm so happy right now (and less nervous about my Cambridge-Letter =) )

@Farhan.Hanif93: CONGRATS for your offer=)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan.Hanif93)
    Offer for G103 Maths. A*A and a grade 2 in STEP II or III.
    Don't even think about Imperial. You're a mathematical genius anyway so Cambridge will probably be drooling all over your application anyway.

ReputationRep:
    unconditional for medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dirtybirty92)
    unconditional for medicine
    Is that the first medicine offer we've heard off? I think so! :clap2: Congratulations!!!!

ReputationRep:

Ya know, thanks to you guys, I'm officially crapping bricks now - D1's my best applied module to date, and I've never had any problems understanding it from the get-go (compared to pulley systems!) o_o

Ah well, back to M1 revision - I have a retake a week after I get back to school, and the stack of past papers looks relatively unruffled/unblemished...probably not ideal

*chortle*

Does Gimpy have one nearby?! I do know that they've got a few decent skate shops not too far off, which would be cool because I'm looking to rollerblade to lectures

('Course, I'd need to buy myself some rollerblades first...bah. Any recommendations for a first proper pair of rollerblades for a petite 5'1 lass that won't break the bank?)

ReputationRep:
    It's not Gimperial, folks, it's blatantly Pimperial.

(Original post by freefrag)
    They do, its pretty decent and close to the university

btw. I just found this, its probably going to amuse some cs students
    I lol'd so hard at 'Recursive humour' :rofl: Interesting stuff... glad to know you're using your gap year well freefrag. :hugs:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.