Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goerigi)
    Maybe you don't understand what I mean. My household income (like you said yours was) is way too high for any grants or bursaries. However I am not going to get any financial support from them because the student finance covers it (and besides with me doing an engineering degree we have 25hours contact time a week so there is no time for a part time job). And of course I know youre not Primary School, that paragraph was metaphorical...
    What I was saying was most people I know are in the same situation as me (high income etc) and we are not getting parental support.
    Its a shame you couldnt stand uip for yourself thats all...
    If you can survive without parental support then good for you, but I need that money, and it was an obvious attack on people who have parental support, I don't understand why?
    I did stand up for myself, not sure what you're getting at there...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you don't understand what I mean. My household income (like you said yours was) is way too high for any grants or bursaries. However I am not going to get any financial support from them because the student finance covers it (and besides with me doing an engineering degree we have 25hours contact time a week so there is no time for a part time job).
    So how are you making the numbers add up then?

If the household income is above the threshold for grants then from what I can work out the maximum maintenance loan is between £3,564 and £4925. Also, if as you claim, your household income is 'way too high' then you would be getting the closer to the lower figure.

How does student finanace 'cover it' (with no bursary or p/t job), when accommodation costs are in the region of 3 to 4k per year.

What are you eating/drinking, fresh air?

ReputationRep:
    I get £3564 maintenance, my accomodation cost a just below that. and its catered. simple.
    So you are claiming that due to no support from your family and no part time job you are going to live off just £3564 .

Simply not possible, even IF it covers catered accommodation. Catered accommodation only covers 2 meals per day! Then what about other living expenses, clothes, books, personal care/toiletries, a bus pass (£300 ish), etc etc etc.

Your either not telling the truth or living in fantasy land. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I sorry if I offended anyone!!! I was in a bad mood yesterday I didnt mean it to come out in the way it did.
    But I am telling the truth with my accomodation and living costs
    Sorry for being an arse lol.

oh I firmed leicester yay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Profile)

oh I firmed leicester yay
    lol. what subject? :3

ReputationRep:
    lol. what subject? :3
    Computer Science with Year Abroad :rolleyes: . You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Profile)
    Computer Science with Year Abroad :rolleyes: . You?
    I'm aerospace engineering with a year in usa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datguyincognito)
    Just firmed biological sciences

Does anyone know how to apply for accomodation??:confused:
    http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommo...pplying-online this should help

I firmed biological sciences too

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Leice...01758376510940

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for Aerospace Engineering, conditional AB

Haven't actually been to visit though so don't really have any idea what i'm getting myself into. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Leicester for Biological Sciences

ReputationRep:
    Me, I'm heading to DMU as firm from Sept 2011 (when I pass A2s of course ^_^), to study Computing Security :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spartan-047)
    Me, I'm heading to DMU as firm from Sept 2011 (when I pass A2s of course ^_^), to study Computing Security :P
    DMU != Leicester.

ReputationRep:
    I Loved Leicester! The buildings have such character and the Geology department was so friendly - so I firmed! To do Geology so excited about October hopefully I get the grades

ReputationRep:
    I'm firming leicester for Aerospace Engg.

I can't decide which accomodation to take up tho .. deciding b/w Beamount and GMS , coz both have pool tables

btw , does any hall have a snooker table ? i'll just pick that then :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidwai)
    I'm firming leicester for Aerospace Engg.

I can't decide which accomodation to take up tho .. deciding b/w Beamount and GMS , coz both have pool tables

btw , does any hall have a snooker table ? i'll just pick that then :P
    oh awesome!!! i firmed for aerospace as well. see you there hopefully (Y)
    are you a guy or a girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mounse)
    Firmed for Aerospace Engineering, conditional AB

Haven't actually been to visit though so don't really have any idea what i'm getting myself into. :confused:
    cool i'm aerospace as well

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see leicester doing well in the league tables, i've seen it at 15th in the times I think. Imo if leicester was in a better location it would be alot more popular as the actual uni and teaching is of a really high standard.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy, there seems to be a lot of aerospace ppl here ,

anyone sorted out their accomodatin yet, I can't decide b/w GMS and Beamount, I s'pose I ought to go and visit

anyone going to the 1st july open day ?

ReputationRep:
    I have just finished my first year at Leicester, excellent place had a great time. Can I advise that before freshers go in a buy a yearly bus pass to uni from halls that you try a bike first. Much better and quicker

(Original post by Eleri Simpson)
    I Loved Leicester! The buildings have such character and the Geology department was so friendly - so I firmed! To do Geology so excited about October hopefully I get the grades
    You'll love it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.