Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can't cannabis cause mental conditions such as schizophrenia etc if you are prone to such things (ie you have undetected mental instabilities)? Some anecdotal evidence for this came from my 6 form tutor. he taught a kid once, a quiet and thoughtful type. he tried weed and now is in full time care. i have no reason to disbelieve my tutor, hes a sound guy, but i would like to know if this is just an urban myth.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Ha ha it would be awesome! It is a misfits reference =D
    misfits is AWESOME! When is the new series coming out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexTreece)
    Can't cannabis cause mental conditions such as schizophrenia etc if you are prone to such things (ie you have undetected mental instabilities)? Some anecdotal evidence for this came from my 6 form tutor. he taught a kid once, a quiet and thoughtful type. he tried weed and now is in full time care. i have no reason to disbelieve my tutor, hes a sound guy, but i would like to know if this is just an urban myth.

Thanks
    There was a couple of programmes on weed showing both sides on BBC. It was a couple of weeks ago but if you check iplayer you might be able to catch it.

ReputationRep:
    Because I do NOT want to mess up my body.

ReputationRep:
    you dont need drugs to have fun...thats a pathetic excuess

ReputationRep:
    I don't like not being completely in control, which is why I don't get drunk (not don't drink, it takes a fair amount to get me anywhere near drunk anyway).

And the one time I've really been in the situation I had to get up early the next morning so I declined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    I like smoking te weeds, it gives me super powers....

Seriously though, I don't get why people don't smoke...

I know it's bad for your health etc. but im the type of guy that will try most things (within reason) at least once, whether it be smoking weed, wakeboarding, sky diving, playing golf etc because I want to live my life to the full and don't want to be deprived of new experiances...to be honest that would be a terrible waste of a life IMO

Obviusly weed is relativley harmless (compred to alcohol etc) so I don't understand the people that are so dead against it, they won't even try it!

I totally understand if you tried it, and hated it, but if you haven't tried it why knock it? Before people say it's bad for you or it's illegal, please stop and ask yourself why you drank when you were under age and still drink now...:rolleyes:

I just want to know why people miss out on this awesome plant
    I didn't drink when I was underage and I have never touched a drug (not talking about paracetamol or the likes for the people who like to correct). Why? I just never even thought about it and don't see the point - it's like asking someone if they've ever had a cookie and if not why not; the answer to that basically answers your question. I am still living a fulfilling life without the need of a drug to aid me.

ReputationRep:
    Well the reason I will never take cannabis is because I would never intake anything detrimental to the health of my body, it's the reason why I also don't drink alcohol or smoke, I don't even intake anything high in saturates or sugar. To me there is nothing worse in life than having health problems, even if they are not severe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    I like smoking te weeds, it gives me super powers....

Seriously though, I don't get why people don't smoke...

I know it's bad for your health etc. but im the type of guy that will try most things (within reason) at least once, whether it be smoking weed, wakeboarding, sky diving, playing golf etc because I want to live my life to the full and don't want to be deprived of new experiances...to be honest that would be a terrible waste of a life IMO

Obviusly weed is relativley harmless (compred to alcohol etc) so I don't understand the people that are so dead against it, they won't even try it!

I totally understand if you tried it, and hated it, but if you haven't tried it why knock it? Before people say it's bad for you or it's illegal, please stop and ask yourself why you drank when you were under age and still drink now...:rolleyes:

I just want to know why people miss out on this awesome plant
    It's a boring drug. Everyone and their mother does it nowadays, it's hardly original so I'm not gonna bother trying it. I've seen the morons that smoke it round our area and they look really haggered and zombie-like after years of smoking it. No ta.

Have you ever noticed how drug dealers never touch drugs themselves and have lots of money and seem in good health? There's a reason for that.

ReputationRep:
    Because it kills brain cells, makes you stupid, slow etc..makes you more of a recluse, people who dont smoke weed can't really relate/stand to be around you..you waste all your money if you begin to like it too much? theres sh*t loads of reasons..oh and i have smoked it for the record

ReputationRep:
    I've been in situations where I've had a variety of drugs offered to me. I always turn them down though for the health reason.

ReputationRep:
    List to either The Beatles, Jimmy Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, hell any decent all time ****ing amazing bandzor.
    They did it and did awesome ****. Try it once if you make somethign beautiful carry on, if you watch family guy with your balls in a vice then stop.
    Simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    There was a couple of programmes on weed showing both sides on BBC. It was a couple of weeks ago but if you check iplayer you might be able to catch it.
    Thanks, ill check that out
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Smells like the top deck of a bus. Never been offered it and not going to lie never appealed to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    I'm strong willed and don't give into peer pressure. I like having healthy lungs and my memory is not ****ed up, I also don't like brain damage. I am also a fitness health obsessed machine.

If you want to smoke it fair enough, it doesn't bother me as long as you're aware of the side effects as well as the benefits.

I smoke for these exact reasons you don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hockeyjoe)
    Because it kills brain cells, makes you stupid, slow etc..makes you more of a recluse, people who dont smoke weed can't really relate/stand to be around you..you waste all your money if you begin to like it too much? theres sh*t loads of reasons..oh and i have smoked it for the record
    Yeah it kills brain cells haha

ReputationRep:
    A lot of my friends do weed. It started around Year 10, and now its just quite sad to see how their lives seem to revolve around it now. All their money is spent on it, their weekends revolve around getting massively high and they just don't seem to care much about anything important. School work is declining, and they don't care. I just don't want to become like that, not that everyone who smokes weed becomes like that obviously. I don't want to take the chance, and I don't feel the need to get high, never have done despite the crazy number of times I've been offered it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    I'm strong willed and don't give into peer pressure. I like having healthy lungs and my memory is not ****ed up, I also don't like brain damage. I am also a fitness health obsessed machine.

If you want to smoke it fair enough, it doesn't bother me as long as you're aware of the side effects as well as the benefits.
    Brain damage?

ReputationRep:
    Because the UK government classified it as a Class B drug, hence i refrain from toxicating my body with such subtances. :albertein:

ReputationRep:
    Thread is full of hearsay...
    Research before you spout nonsense.

I'd suggest if anyone fears that they will become a junkie living out of a bin from trying it once that they should never take any substance that has ever been addictive. This means no prescription drugs, anesthetic, aspirin, paracetemol, alcohol, tobacco, it's late but there's hundreds that have been reported as addictive.

Don't knock it if you're not even willing to listen to research statistics.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.