Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wonder why there is an increase in applicants?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it started going up on the league table, maybe because many wanna go to Edinburgh, but don't have huge grades to apply to the Univ or Edinburgh, maybe it's a really nice university. I don't know, but I will find out in September :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redsauce101)
    I wonder why there is an increase in applicants?
    I think it's because most Universities (e.g. Edinburgh Uni) have been putting up their grades and Napier is more realistic for a lot of people now.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to napier because it seems like a much better university for me for what i want to do. Alright, Edinburgh is higher up on the leauge tables but i didn't even apply to edinburgh.

I like how napier has alot of student support, good facilities and the brand new sighthill campus.
    Hopefully they liked me as much as i like them!!

ReputationRep:
    I think that it is because of that planned increase in fees. Maybe new applicants are aware of English fees and they are likely to study in Scotland, which is generally against any incease.

It is going to be a hell year! With a new Student Union president, very famous for party/events organisation.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I have just joined and wondered if anyone has an unconditional to study English at Napier in September?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redsauce101)
    I don't think i can wait another weekend!!! Most people in my class have found out from other universities (apart from the odd one or two) and i could cry for not knowing. The longer it goes on the less hopeful i'm feeling. This means so much to me.
    Stillllll not heard anything from them, an offer or a rejection and its been over two weeks! how about you?

ReputationRep:
    I thought the UCAS deadline for giving out replies is April 6th, surely Napier won't be able to keep people waiting longer than tomorrow? I have my offer but it seems really unfair to all the people who still haven't heard anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agudger)
    Stillllll not heard anything from them, an offer or a rejection and its been over two weeks! how about you?
    Not heard either!!

ReputationRep:
    Got conditional for MSc International Marketing with Tourism & Events! So if anybody else is doing something similar give me a shout, as well as if there are any Bulgarians I'll be more than happy to hear from you
    By the way I was amazed how fast they offered me a place(and here I really don't want to tease anyone, as I know that some of you have been waiting for weeks now), but I guess there is a difference in the postgrad and undergrad applications. In any case best of luck to all of you, I hope you will hear from them as soon as possible

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else apply for Hospitality and Tourism management course (BA)? :confused: Any offers?
    I'm getting nervous, still didn't hear anything but my application was sent on 5th of January...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtom)
    Got conditional for MSc International Marketing with Tourism & Events! So if anybody else is doing something similar give me a shout, as well as if there are any Bulgarians I'll be more than happy to hear from you
    By the way I was amazed how fast they offered me a place(and here I really don't want to tease anyone, as I know that some of you have been waiting for weeks now), but I guess there is a difference in the postgrad and undergrad applications. In any case best of luck to all of you, I hope you will hear from them as soon as possible
    I will be doing Tourism Management (BA) course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ael8)
    Hey everyone, I have just joined and wondered if anyone has an unconditional to study English at Napier in September?
    I got a conditional ...your is English or English literature?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarthNM)
    I've applied for the exact same course as you & I'm still waiting, I also got that letter explaining the feb/mar decision. Personally the appeal of Edinburgh, culture,art, music etc is why it's my 1st choice. The uni looks great & the course structure looks interesting. I haven't had a look at belfast but I'm sure whichever you choose, it'll be great
    I got an unconditional from Napier & think I'm gonna head there in sept! It's the same course as the one in Belfast, and the university in Belfast in higher up on the league tables, but I'm ready to go across the water and meet new people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minhpham)
    I got a conditional ...your is English or English literature?
    I've got one for english/film!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by codonnell12)
    Hey i've applied for that too but haven't heard anything yet! I'm really worried about it but I haven't heard of anyone with an offer for the course either so at least there's still a chance!

I have a conditional for QMU but I really want to go to Napier so fingers crossed we hear soon
    I'm the same, would definitely rather go to Napier! Seams to be all the courses in the same sort of sector (Business/Management) getting their offers at the moment so hopefully we are next!

ReputationRep:
    People who are getting offers, how is it in comparison to the 'typical entry'?

Are they pushing the bar up or would you say your offer was fair?

Really starting to get nervous about mine now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgh)

Mine was really easy. They asked only for 8 overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgh)

They asked for the minimum for me. I applied with the Romanian Bacalaureat as my qualification and they asked me to achieve an overall grade of 8/10 and 8/10 for each subject. I've already taken the exam last year and got 8.43/10 overall and ofc over 8 for the rest. This is for engineering. (which is the equivalent of BBB)

They might ask for less for other courses. CCC in my country is around 6/10 which is extremely low considering that this is the lowest grade you should achieve to pass the exam.

My girlfriend applied for Criminology (she's still waiting for an answer) with 9.20/10 and the minimum requirements are CCC, but she's still afraid that she won't get accepted, even though I tell her every day that she has huge grades compared to the minimum req.

So don't worry (in my opinion). They don't ask for impossible grades.

ReputationRep:
    I just firmed Napier. WOhoo! See you in Edinburgh guys

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.