Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meatzaper)
    Um I try to go up and down the stairs in my house without touching the stairs at all... it takes a lot longer but in a way its worth it
    In what way is it worth it?

(Original post by Planar)
      In what way is it worth it?
      how

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Scientific Calculator)
      I see violent and sexually explicit images of people I know in my head.
      :eek: Such a perv... I wouldn't want to be your sister.

ReputationRep:
      Mine are:
      - I never drink 'old' water, if it's been left for a couple of hours I can't drink it, it just seems dirty or something.

- I like to let my toast cool down before I put butter on it.

- I have to get out of the bath before I pull the plug cause for some reason I feel like it sucks the energy out of you (weird I know)

- And as a child I used to whisper sentences before repeating them louder just to check I was about to say it right

Whoah this thread makes you realise how much of a freak you are

ReputationRep:
      I'm ambidextrous but I prefer to write with my right hand and do most other things with my left hand. The only time I use both hands is in sports i.e. badminton, tennis.

When I go up/down the stairs I have to start with my right foot.

I have to have tic tacs, smarties, skittles etc in pairs.

Cheese and ketchup sandwiches, anyone? :p:

I like my chilli sauce and put it in pretty much everything - I even carry a tiny bottle with me for when I have food out which I get mercilessly teased for

Apparently I have weird hands - my fingers bend in odd directions and are seriously wonky.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by specialk_698)
      I used to do that when I was learning how to take tablets...

I was 12.
      It's how I learnt to take tablets too. And i just never changed onto the "normal" way. But it's more common than i thought. I know a few people who take them the same way I do

I stay away from tablets unless I absolutely need them even if i had a huge headache ill resist it !

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by yahyahyahs)
        I eat with my fork in my right hand and the knife in my left. Other people I know tend to hold them the other way round. I guess I like to claw at my food like a child rather than cut it neatly.
        Ha! I thought I was alone!

One thing I usually do unconsciously is that I copy how people talk as I talk to them. Not as in their accent, but usually the rhythm of their speech and their mannerisms.

Edit: Oh I also usually do an involuntary hiccup/burp hybrid at least once a day. I think it is hereditary as most of my mum's family do it too.

(Original post by Sime)
          Ha! I thought I was alone!

One thing I usually do unconsciously is that I copy how people talk as I talk to them. Not as in their accent, but usually the rhythm of their speech and their mannerisms.
          Outloud? Or in your head?

ReputationRep:
          I eat kitkats as a whole rather than eating the 2 pieces seperately.

chocolate blasphemy?

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by blueray)
          Outloud? Or in your head?
          Literally out loud whilst I am talking to them. Usually most people don't notice it, but I have a lot of friends who are learning English as a foreign language and they notice! I have to concentrate to return to my own unique way of talking.

I dunno, perhaps it is related to people doing complementary body language if they like or respect someone.

(Original post by Sime)
            Literally out loud whilst I am talking to them. Usually most people don't notice it, but I have a lot of friends who are learning English as a foreign language and they notice! I have to concentrate to return to my own unique way of talking.

I dunno, perhaps it is related to people doing complementary body language if they like or respect someone.
            lol im sure they dont care

ReputationRep:
            Yeah loads of people say that
            "i cant be asked"
            when they should be saying "i cant be arsed"
            This thread has confused me SO MUCH. I have NEVER heard anyone say "can't be asked" instead of "can't be arsed". Is it meant to be Southerners who say "can't be asked" because the ones I know don't. And nobody up north says it.

How does "can't be asked" even make sense??

:confused: some people are weird.

ReputationRep:
            When I go outside I have to dive into a barrel roll out the door then walk as if nothing happened :holmes:

ReputationRep:
            Who the hell says "Can't be asked"? It makes no sense! Clearly you can be asked because I JUST ASKED YOU. It's "Can't be arsed", fool! :rant:

Sigh.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
            :eek: Such a perv... I wouldn't want to be your sister.
            No you wouldn't. You could be my best friend though? Nom nom.

(Original post by snowyowl)
              Who the hell says "Can't be asked"? It makes no sense! Clearly you can be asked because I JUST ASKED YOU. It's "Can't be arsed", fool! :rant:

Sigh.

(Original post by HowToSaveALife)
              This thread has confused me SO MUCH. I have NEVER heard anyone say "can't be asked" instead of "can't be arsed". Is it meant to be Southerners who say "can't be asked" because the ones I know don't. And nobody up north says it.

How does "can't be asked" even make sense??

:confused: some people are weird.
              SO what is it asked or arsed??????! lol

ReputationRep:
              SO what is it asked or arsed??????! lol
              CBA = Can't be arsed.

To me anyway

ReputationRep:
              When i start reading a book, I have to read the last chapter first before I start reading it through completely

ReputationRep:
              (Original post by ibelongtoslytherin)
              When i start reading a book, I have to read the last chapter first before I start reading it through completely

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
            What newspaper do you read/prefer?
            Useful resources
          • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
            Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.