The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Well I think that she's pretty hot.

Body type is not some sort of obstacle to me, there is beauty in far more ways than one and she'd turn me on just great. I know a girl who thinks she's way overweight and too tall but when she dresses for the occasion she's a stunner. I think the OP's attitude towards this is actually ridiculous. If you want to bash a stick, that's up to you. You don't represent everyone's views and neither do I, I like her modelling and I'll look out for her.

A lot of men like a bit of meat on girls, her face, legs and breasts are quite attractive in my opinion. I agree with her message, curves are awe-inspiring.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 361
Original post by .Ali.
You're rude on every single thread I see.

Grow up.

Its the truth.Going to the gym or doing some sort of exercise doesnt hurt.

You're deluded and soft on every single thread i see.

Grow up.
everyone has their own inetrpretation of what is fat ? i personally think she is on the boderline of being fat !

that bad pose for her , it doesnt do her any favour

but yoou got admire her , it takes lots of guts to that :smile:
Reply 363
Original post by Amuroray
Its the truth.Going to the gym or doing some sort of exercise doesnt hurt.

You're deluded and soft on every single thread i see.

Grow up.

It's their choice though. Why should they if they don't want to?

I'm hardly deluded and soft. Just because I believe people can live their life how they want to?
Original post by amizzle91
Well done on your weight loss! What an achievement :smile:

I wouldn't get too het up about Jimbo1234 he's a well-known troll on here.

Thank-you :smile:
To be honest i'm not that bothered with people like him :rolleyes:

if anyone wants something inspiring to read, check this out:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1330422/Slimming-World-Woman-Year-Harriet-Jenkins-dropped-10-dress-sizes.html
when i first opened the window, i looked at just her face and she looked quite skinny normal tbf, but then i scrolled down.....

anyway yeah id say that shes chubby/borderline fart, but i still would :wink:
You don't help people with poor self-esteem. The whole point was to make being curvy acceptable, and you just tarnished that.
Original post by Jimbo1234
What I said is perfectly true. To make it more simple : Why would someone choose to be fat?

Ok, lets forget about medical reasons as there are some people out there who can not lose weight/exercise, but for the vast majority, being fat is a choice.
For your bf to be fat yet do all that means he must have a ****ing terrible diet, which again, is his choice and will be extremely bad for him. Did he ever think that changing his diet would result in him being better at those sports? However he does not because he is either too lazy or has not self control and wants to each garbage ergo proving me right.

He's a chef in a very upmarket hotel so he eats a lot and eats delicious, often indulgent food. He would rather do that than lose weight and it's not being lazy or not having self control. It's making a choice.
If he wanted to be slim but couldn't bring himself to stop eating then he'd have a lack of self control.

I used to be very slim, then went on some medication which made me quite overweight. I decided to get a bit slimmer so dieted and lost around a stone....so I do have the self control.
I am just happier being somewhat overweight and getting to eat what I want when I want. I still exercise so I'm not particularly unfit and you couldn't call me lazy but I'm definitely carrying some extra weight.

I still think your post is a bunch of bull. You can't tarr everyone with the same brush, it's not how people work.
Even if a fatty does have a lack of self control when it comes to food and is a bit lazy is it really going to affect their partner? Unless they want to go to the gym together every night who bloody cares?
Anorexic/Bulimic girl says: WHALE

Slim girl says: Fat

Curvy Girl says: Chubby

Aforementioned slim girl who said fat and has now turned obese says: Curvy

Fat girl says: Slim

Whale girl says: [silence] *eating doughnut*
Original post by Justin Hammer
He probably eats absolute **** which is probably detrimental to his sporting endeavor. Unless you're gonna be an absolute tool and tell me that he eats well too, how stupid do you think we are? I hate this garbage excuse women come out with, your fat percentage is a reflection of what you eat and the amount of exercise you perform with genetics playing a minor role. However there is no such thing as a genetic predisposition to being fat even if you exercise regularly. Stop bull****ting, your boyfriend does not exercise enough hence he is out of shape. It irritates me how so many seem to defy the laws of science so often, no you just eat too much.

he eats a truckload, I never said otherwise.:rolleyes:

I was just saying that being fat doesn't mean your lazy, have no self control or any of that other rubbish.
It doesn't help that she is sat like Jabba the Hut.
Original post by The*Doctor's*Rose
because some people do not bother to strive for a good career or job; they live off their social status and 'looks'. Your list is not always the case. And whoever said it was wrong to not strive to look good? It can be seen as narcissistic, you just have to take care of yourself; presentable clothes, nice hair; does being fat automatically mean that you don't strive to look good? No, if you are tubby you can still look pretty fine.
Everybody wants different things; to you, being fat and 'unfit' is off-putting, but to someone else, she is a goddess.

Why are we even judging people?? i hate it. I hate categorising people and saying that they will 'never get a hot boyfriend' or 'they will die'. :mad:

I've been losing a lot of weight (just over 4 stone now!) and still more to lose, but i'm working towards it. In the meantime, my life doesn't come to a standstill because of this factor. I never want to be skinny, only healthy. And i'm doing it to be healthy, not for some arrogant person to rate 'my hotness' or for me to get a boyfriend.

I've been subjected to and witnessed so many acts of bullying and neglect because people are so naive about the whole size issue. Start judging by the individual, not the mass. You have no idea what each person has gone/going through.

Being fat means you will not look good. Part of looking good is looking attractive and fat is not attractive. This is extremely noticeable in countries which greatly value a persons appearance such as Japan.

Also, stop lying and making **** up. Being unhealthy and out of shape is, and always will be unattractive. This is simple evolution for you. Fat and unhealthy has a lower chance of conception and survival thus is unattractive. If you disagree and have proof then I am sure every biologist would love to know why people have all of a sudden beaten nature.

Sadly though, the mass IS the individual. Your weight is a result of your actions, and your actions sum up what type of person you are. Of course losing weight shows a good change, but do not lie to yourself and pretend that you were miss perfect before hand and that your weight was not a result of negligence and possible emotional issues.
And just to let you in on a secret - almost everyone goes through ****, however some just manage to hide it better then others.....

Original post by Melanie-v
Some people don't strive to get into the best uni or get the best grades. Part of my class just doesn't care, and has other priorities. A lot of people strive to look good, but some don't want to bother. It just depends what you value most. Why judge them?

It is down to taste. Some of my friends don't find the typical Asian look attractive but have asian friends. I don't really go for certain shades of blonde, though it depends on the person.

Stop judging.

Those who don't try will never get anywhere as they are complacent and lack ambition. Of course everyone is different, but not trying to be the best you can be only says negative things about a person.
As for fat people, they actually have to go out of their way to be fat as they have to cook more then they need, buy lots of food etc. This shows the person to have many problems.

Original post by death.drop
He's a chef in a very upmarket hotel so he eats a lot and eats delicious, often indulgent food. He would rather do that than lose weight and it's not being lazy or not having self control. It's making a choice.
If he wanted to be slim but couldn't bring himself to stop eating then he'd have a lack of self control.

I used to be very slim, then went on some medication which made me quite overweight. I decided to get a bit slimmer so dieted and lost around a stone....so I do have the self control.
I am just happier being somewhat overweight and getting to eat what I want when I want. I still exercise so I'm not particularly unfit and you couldn't call me lazy but I'm definitely carrying some extra weight.

I still think your post is a bunch of bull. You can't tarr everyone with the same brush, it's not how people work.
Even if a fatty does have a lack of self control when it comes to food and is a bit lazy is it really going to affect their partner? Unless they want to go to the gym together every night who bloody cares?

So he actively chooses to look unattractive, be unhealthy, and make his sporting hobbies harder? Do you think he could stop eating? So he has become complacent at what age? That is pretty sad to be honest.

Why are you happier? Does food mean that much to you or did you always have to try to be thin and now prefer not to have that strain? As I have said numerous times, how can you be happier when you are less attractive? This must lower your self esteem by some degree.

As for living with a fat person - who would want to date someone who is lazy ( so would be lazy around the house with cleaning etc) and lets not forget, they would be unattractive as well.
But to put it simply, find me an attractive and in shape person who dates a fatty.:rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Is it any worse than people calling grotesquely under weight people 'athletic' in order to justify it? It's just as bad to be fat as it is to be skinny. Both will knock years off your life which is not okay.
Gorgeous face, hair and boobs though.
Yeah, shes just fat.
Reply 375
I would so hit that, s'all I'm going to contribute.:chaplin:
Original post by colabottles
Does it matter if she's fat or curvy or whatever? She's gorgeous! And happy! I think she's a real woman, as is any other woman who's happy. :smile:

So sad women are fiction? **** post.
Being fat means you will not look good. Part of looking good is looking attractive and fat is not attractive. This is extremely noticeable in countries which greatly value a persons appearance such as Japan.

Also, stop lying and making **** up. Being unhealthy and out of shape is, and always will be unattractive. This is simple evolution for you. Fat and unhealthy has a lower chance of conception and survival thus is unattractive. If you disagree and have proof then I am sure every biologist would love to know why people have all of a sudden beaten nature.

Sadly though, the mass IS the individual. Your weight is a result of your actions, and your actions sum up what type of person you are. Of course losing weight shows a good change, but do not lie to yourself and pretend that you were miss perfect before hand and that your weight was not a result of negligence and possible emotional issues.
And just to let you in on a secret - almost everyone goes through ****, however some just manage to hide it better then others.....

Heh, you're not even worth the words i could type as a defence. I just laughed.

Now you make an interesting point and one that has always confused me.
It is fine to strive to go to the best uni/get the best grades.
It is fine to try to get the best job
But it is wrong to strive to look good.............:confused:
Why?

Fat people can strive to look good as well.....?
Why do you have to be so obnoxious about this all the time? I mean really, I don't think anyone disagrees that it's better to be a "healthy" but no-one else gets as hung up as you about the weight of someone that they don't know, have never seen before and will probably never see again
So he actively chooses to look unattractive, be unhealthy, and make his sporting hobbies harder? Do you think he could stop eating? So he has become complacent at what age? That is pretty sad to be honest.

I don't find him unattractive. I can't speak for him I suppose on the eating front but he doesn't pig out at home so I'm sure he could restrain at work if he wanted to. He's 24.

Why are you happier? Does food mean that much to you or did you always have to try to be thin and now prefer not to have that strain? As I have said numerous times, how can you be happier when you are less attractive? This must lower your self esteem by some degree.

I don't really feel less attractive. I've never placed a great deal of importance on looks, my own or others.
I was always naturally slim until I started on the medication. Now it's an entirely different matter.
I do enjoy food (although it doesn't mean a huge amount to me), and I don't really care about my looks as long as I feel healthy and happy. Basically I don't see the point in making a real effort for something I don't give a toss about.

As for living with a fat person - who would want to date someone who is lazy ( so would be lazy around the house with cleaning etc) and lets not forget, they would be unattractive as well.
But to put it simply, find me an attractive and in shape person who dates a fatty.:rolleyes:

I can't argue that my boyfriend is rubbish with housework :tongue: but then I'm a bit of a clean freak and I'm a total fatty!
As I've said many a time, you can't judge people by their looks.

also I was at the lower end of the healthy scale when I started dating my overweight boyfriend :wink:

anyway, i'm bowing out because this is a lot of boring talk about something which doesn't really matter :smile:

Latest