Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, you guys have done your UCAS applications already, right?

I do not intend to add my certificate from the lower secondary school, but I received some sort of certificate from there as well. Should I state that I got one, but not add one, or should I state that I didn't get any certificates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stifa)

I do not intend to add my certificate from the lower secondary school, but I received some sort of certificate from there as well. Should I state that I got one, but not add one, or should I state that I didn't get any certificates?
    You only have to add the vitnemål from videregående.

(Original post by Jørgen)
    As far as I'm aware, British universities operate in years, not semesters*, so the tuition fee is per year, not semester. Therefore, you'd pay for a year at a time, and so it's not 114K/semester but 114K/year (thankfully ).

* Of course they have something they call semesters, but they're not equivalent to semesters in Norwegian unis, which was my point.
    I'm not sure who confused who, but I do know that the tuition fee is per year. I figured out that the university accepts that you split the fee into 2, meaning I'll pay £14800/2 twice per year, instead of £14800 before each year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahpadt)
    I'm not sure who confused who, but I do know that the tuition fee is per year. I figured out that the university accepts that you split the fee into 2, meaning I'll pay £14800/2 twice per year, instead of £14800 before each year.
    (Original post by ahpadt)
    Given that I'll get 114k/semester, (...)
    I'd say you confused me.

And did you contact them and ask? Either way, why is that beneficial to you? Isn't it easier to pay once a year? (or is that not an option for some reason?)

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: I just need to sit down and look at the numbers. Nvm. I'll work it out.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the "stipend"-part is actually from those 60k. Only 2000 or so is for travelling, whereas the rest is from the extra scholarship.

Subtract the deafult support and make it into £s:
    228,830 kr – 90,800 kr = 138,030 kr = £15,903.72

Either does Lånekassen overestimate the British pound, or the travelling scholarship is more than you are entitled to. Either way, you have the money you're supposed to have.

ReputationRep:
    It works out just fine.

ReputationRep:
    As a norwegian I don't need to apply for a visa (according to ANSA), but do I need to contact the embassy or anything for what ever reason? Or is it just to get on the plane and go to England?

ReputationRep:
    The latter.

You just need to have a valid passport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stifa)
    The latter.

You just need to have a valid passport.
    Yeay I have an passport! I can go! YEAY!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ansa.no/ANSAland/ANSA-UK/...fo/Dokumenter/

Her er mer informasjon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    Just saying hello.

Hello :awesome:.. Just finished watching the live streaming of the world premiere in London, Trafalgar Square (Harry Potter). Wish I had been there!
    Hello :awesome:, nice Location update

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stifa)

Don't know if you've seen this, but helped me a lot with my ucas application..

http://www.ansa.no/no/Fag_og_Land/Eu...UCAS-soknaden/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoShorty)
    Yeay I have an passport! I can go! YEAY!
    You don't even need to register with the police or get a fødselsnummer, though you should register with the NHS just incase you have a medical emergency of some sort.

:awesome: I know. Let's just forget that it isn't
    Spoiler:
    Show
    real
    .. That I'm too old and not British!
    And you're a muggle! :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BettyJ)
    Don't know if you've seen this, but helped me a lot with my ucas application..

http://www.ansa.no/no/Fag_og_Land/Eu...UCAS-soknaden/
    Thanks... it didn't answer my question though: should I select that I have received a qualification, but leave it out, or shall I just put that I did not get any qualification?

It seems that some of these points contradict SONOR's guide, but I trust ANSA more, so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stifa)
    Thanks... it didn't answer my question though: should I select that I have received a qualification, but leave it out, or shall I just put that I did not get any qualification?

It seems that some of these points contradict SONOR's guide, but I trust ANSA more, so...
    The ANSA way sounds like the way I did it.

Quoting my application:

Establishment 1

Secondary education/FE/HE

xxx videregaende skole
    Attendance

Sandwich
    From

01-Aug-2003
    To

01-Nov-2010
    Qualifications section

Highest level of qualification expected Below honours degree level qualifications

Qualification 1

Qualification type

Norway-Vitnemal-videregaende opplaering
    Date taken

01-Dec-2010
    (my dates are a little nutty cos I went to VGS quite a few years ago, but did privatisteksamen in the later years)

ReputationRep:
    :awesome: I know. Let's just forget that it isn't
    Spoiler:
    Show
    real
    .. That I'm too old and not British!
    (Original post by Einheri)
    And you're a muggle! :teehee:
    I was trying not to think about that! :mad:
    Tough life, lol.

ReputationRep:
    I also heard from Brimingham about entry requirements to the course I'd like to apply to:

Vitnemål: 5.00 with 5's and 6's in relevant subjects.

I only have 4.80, but have 6 in R2, 5 in Chemistry with a 6 on the exam and 5 in physics.
    Challenge accepted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    You don't even need to register with the police or get a fødselsnummer, though you should register with the NHS just incase you have a medical emergency of some sort.
    NHS?

ReputationRep:
    National Health Service

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Health_Service
    Google is such a great fellow!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I love google too, I just forget that it is there sometimes and ask stupid questions.

(Google and I dont' have the healthiest relationship :-P )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.