Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Asians, are you allowed to marry a girl/guy of your choice? Watch

ReputationRep:
    yeah as long as hes a muslim.

ReputationRep:
    I'm East Asian, and my parents are... well.. quite racist, really. They really want me to marry another Asian, although since I live in a Western country, and there aren't a lot of other Asians where I am, I'm doubtful that they will get their wish. They wouldn't mind me marrying a caucasian [sp?] person, but they'd be much, much more happy if they were Asian. Races other than that... no offense to anyone here... they wouldn't approve very much.

ReputationRep:
    For me I really don't care if I am allowed or not. I'll marry who I want to marry!

ReputationRep:
    yeah cos my parents aren't ****ing idiots

(Original post by misssmarty)
    yeah as long as hes a muslim.
    that's a no then

ReputationRep:
    Nope,I am indian(1stgen) and I wasn't born here.
    I would love if my parents would be happy with anyone who I like but I don't think that is going to happen any soon. They still have their ancient views from India,you would think they would be going along with western culture but nope.

ReputationRep:
    My parents are Pakistani Muslims although I atopped believing in God a long time ago. A couple of years ago they wanted me to have an arrged marriage with a Pakistani girl. I chose not to get married to her and they have been on my back ever since.

The just don't see my point of view as they think that culturaly it is wrong to get married outside my race.
    I've only dated girls outside my race as I have 0% attraction to Indo/Pak and Bengli girls, but I think if my parents found out about my current girlfriend (who is white) they will kick me out of the house and cut me out of there lives. I don't get why they came to live in this country in the first place if they are not able to adjust to the customs of the UK.

ReputationRep:
    troll! go get some sleep..its messing up your head!!tiddles:aetsch::aetsch::banana::banana::battle::battle:

ReputationRep:
    yep.... no one in my family has been arranged married for 3 generations

ReputationRep:
    If they are multiple choices chosen by your parents then yeah

ReputationRep:
    My parents would prefer her to be Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. The ethnicity of the person won't be as important as their religion though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hass147)
    My parents would prefer her to be Muslim.
    But Hassan I thought you're stuck in the friend zone bro?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    But Hassan I thought you're stuck in the friend zone bro?
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    lol, the question asked by the thread has a simple answer. YES! if fo some reason people don't marry within the same country, that's down to either their or thhe family's personal preference

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)

that's a no then

im afraid so....being indian sucks.

ReputationRep:
    I hate some asioans so never will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awais590)
    A little off topic but;

Pashto music ftw!

(If that terminology was right, correct me if I'm wrong? )

Yeah, there's this Pataan girl that sits next to me in History and she showed me this, I was like :dance:, quite different to punjabi/indian music though
    Paimana Bitte - Zeb and Haniya
    Youtube it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimz08)
    Paimana Bitte - Zeb and Haniya
    Youtube it
    You listen to Coke studio?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carbondummy)
    You listen to Coke studio?!
    I LOVE coke studio
    But this song I heard the original version ...different to coke studio...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.