The Reading/Leeds Festival Thread 2011 Watch

Melting Sugar.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Two Door Cinema Club at Reading was a frightening (yet awesome) experience, glad to hear they're making the tent bigger because of that set!
laurenlodge
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Melting Sugar.)
Two Door Cinema Club at Reading was a frightening (yet awesome) experience, glad to hear they're making the tent bigger because of that set!
If only Mumford were coming back so I could benefit from that by actually seeing them this year.

Going to make a pact to get right stuck in most crowds this year - I did it for a few last year and it was so much better so going to ignore the threat of death.
Doughnuts!!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't wait to see Two Door Cinema Club, but everyone I've spoken to says that they weren't that great last year.
clo-clo1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hobo06)
He's headlining 3rd stage at Download
Yeah I know but I'd see barely anyone else, Gaslight is about as 'Heavy'as I get.
Swell
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gummers)
I was thinking Foo's, maybe Killers reunion after Brandon has toured his album.
Same with Bloc Party!
Was thinking about Kasabian too as they've not headlined it yet have they?

Yeah yeah yeahs for the NME Tent!
Not the Killers dammit. (I'm not a big fan of theirs)

Bloc Party is a brilliant shout though.

Jamies T, Bombay Bicycle Club and Deadmau5 to headline NME.
Leon Trotsky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd go for The Strokes, Interpol, Pulp and Muse, but other than that, the lineup's a bit meh. :dontknow:
Glennith
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just bought weekend tickets for reading, :woo:

Does it include camping? :s

(apologies for being a festival virgin. )
Mally-xo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Addzter)
I'd go for The Strokes, Interpol, Pulp and Muse, but other than that, the lineup's a bit meh. :dontknow:
you're back! why did you get banned, tut tut
the line-up ain't great is it? I'm still going cause I already bought my ticket and I am mega excited for friday at least
Leon Trotsky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mally-xo)
you're back! why did you get banned, tut tut
the line-up ain't great is it? I'm still going cause I already bought my ticket and I am mega excited for friday at least
I kept trolling and spamming and the mods were like "this ****er's crossed the line one too many times" and brought the banhammer down upon me. :emo:

Yeah, it's much worse than I thought it would be, although the bands in the lineup that I like, I really like (I'd consider killing a puppy to see The Strokes live). You're going Reading aren't you? I bet you'll still have a great time, even if the bands aren't as metall-y (metallic? :hmmm:) as you'd like. :yes:
Meesta
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Enter Shikari on main stage rarararararrararara.
Mally-xo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Addzter)
I kept trolling and spamming and the mods were like "this ****er's crossed the line one too many times" and brought the banhammer down upon me. :emo:

Yeah, it's much worse than I thought it would be, although the bands in the lineup that I like, I really like (I'd consider killing a puppy to see The Strokes live). You're going Reading aren't you? I bet you'll still have a great time, even if the bands aren't as metall-y (metallic? :hmmm:) as you'd like. :yes:
ahh you badass adam, them mods couldn't handle your awesomeness! :ahee:
yup not enough metallic bands for my liking really, but I will be 18, hence I can buy beer, hence goodtimes :awesome:
anyway glad to have you back, spam away!
Beska
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ugh why is the site the still high-demand version? It is obvious the site isn't in high demand... bloody annoying.
Beska
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Glennith)
Just bought weekend tickets for reading, :woo:

Does it include camping? :s

(apologies for being a festival virgin. )
Yeh they do include camping.
Doughnuts!!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Beska)
Ugh why is the site the still high-demand version? It is obvious the site isn't in high demand... bloody annoying.
:teehee:

Can still buy tickets. Early entry as well.
Beska
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Doughnuts!!)
:teehee:

Can still buy tickets. Early entry as well.
"Yeh honestly people have been trying to get into the site NONE STOP for the past 30 hours!!!"

Hah.

I mean, I got my See Tickets confirmation email today. Last year it took 1-2 months odd. Pah! :p:
Doughnuts!!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Beska)
"Yeh honestly people have been trying to get into the site NONE STOP for the past 30 hours!!!"

Hah.

I mean, I got my See Tickets confirmation email today. Last year it took 1-2 months odd. Pah! :p:
:laugh:

After hearing all the horror stories from previous years, I was pleasantly surprised to get my tickets within 5 minutes.

Until I realised that it was because everyone hated the lineup.
boba
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
can you buy earlybirds on there own if you have already bought tickets?
Beska
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by boba)
can you buy earlybirds on there own if you have already bought tickets?
Yup!
Leon Trotsky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mally-xo)
ahh you badass adam, them mods couldn't handle your awesomeness! :ahee:
yup not enough metallic bands for my liking really, but I will be 18, hence I can buy beer, hence goodtimes :awesome:
anyway glad to have you back, spam away!
Haha, yeah, you wouldn't be satisfied unless there was a burning moshpit with Satan himself in the middle, headbanging, would ya, you crazy metalhead?

At least you can get absolutely wasted and drown out the terrible indie **** :yes:
gummers
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Swell)
Not the Killers dammit. (I'm not a big fan of theirs)

Bloc Party is a brilliant shout though.

Jamies T, Bombay Bicycle Club and Deadmau5 to headline NME.

I'm not really a fan of the Killers, don't mind the odd song although Mr.Brightside has got the be one of the most over rated, over played songs ever.

Would love a Bloc Party reunion!

I've read about a few places that this is the year Green Day finally get their chance after being rumoured for the last 2/3 years!

I hope that next year with no Glasto and with this years being pretty poor that something special get's pulled out the bag!
Could always hope for a performance by Blur but I might be getting a bit ahead of myself!:rolleyes:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (178)
18.78%
No (571)
60.23%
Not really bothered about them (199)
20.99%

Watched Threads