The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JWH
I'm wondering what's with the woman talking through the hatch bit as well. I wouldn't say that could be to do with the Silents powers seems to complicated

Ah yeah, I'd somehow forgotten about that bit! It seemed a bit out of the blue - there must be more to that.
Love the Frost-Nixon reference :smile:
I think one of the most important lines that episode was:

River Song - "I hope my old fella didn't see that."
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
It's Doctor Who. She could have been injected with something, or power transferred from the TARDIS or a Doctor's cell. It doesn't have to be 'Time Lord'/

That's very true. That's the magic of Doctor Who - the answer is rarely something that you can figure out because it'll be some quirk of time and space that the average person wouldn't notice.
Hmm. I still think it's really something to do with the suit.

I think the Silents work for the Master (or someone) who is trying to create timelords again. The Master got the Silents to go around the universe to steal technology...

...to make the Tardis (we saw in the Lodger), and the 'regeneration spacesuit'.

And then there was some baby stealing....

or something :erm:

EDIT: Perhaps there's something to do with the Tardis turning into the woman (?) aowrufsjwfnjs i dunno. sfjuiwejsnfwhuesdjmind****.

EDIT2: Oh yeah, there's some incest going on.
(edited 12 years ago)
I think one of the most important lines that episode was: "I hope my old fella didn't see that."

Yes! I thought that was what she said but I didn't quite catch it.

"old fella" = Dad. But are we talking Rory or the Doctor? I'm thinking Rory.

She killed the best man she ever knew. She killed her Dad, Rory.

Maybe? :confused:

Original post by spacepirate-James

I think the Silents work for the Master (or someone) who is trying to create timelords again. The Master got the Silents to go around the universe to steal technology...

Awesome idea. Maybe the old guy in the orphanage has something to do with it. He was too weird to be insignificant. I doubt it would be the Master though - his reign was in Tennant's era, it would be a bit of a shame to bring him back, IMO.
(edited 12 years ago)
Amy and Rory's daughter. Though, something tells me it can't be as obvious as that.

or it might be

Spoiler

I reckon she is Amy and Rory's daughter but at the same time she isn't. Kind of line an alien IVF kind of thing without their permission. I wonder if time travel has an effect on pregnancy/fetus.

Spoiler

Original post by Rascacielos
That was much better than episode 1. Still a lot of questions left unanswered but generally a scarily awesome episode, particularly in the childrens' home.

Possible verdict (although a little bit OTT, perhaps): Riversong is Amy, which might explain why she first met the Doctor when he knew her most (I'm sure that's possible through some sort of timey wimey reasoning). It would also explain the Doctor having a relationship with Riversong (as indicated by the kiss at the end of this episode), thus producing a Time Lord child. The Doctor looked visibly worried when he saw Amy's womb fluctuating between pregnant and not pregnant, so perhaps he's seen these signs before. It would also indicate why Amy didn't want to tell Rory that she was pregnant but desperately needed to tell the Doctor. And finally it would explain why the little girl can regenerate.

It would seem unlikely that Riversong is Amy and/or the Doctor's daughter seeing as they repeatedly make sexual suggestions towards each other.

Original post by Madjackismad
Amy Pond and River Song

:holmes:

I might be clinging to straws here but that would also explain why the two of them made that comment about the Doctor just dropping out of the sky. :dontknow:
Why did River say "My old fella didn't see that did he? He gets ever so cross" and then kisses, presumably, her 'old fella' afterwards. Did I hear something wrong? :s
Original post by Aula
Donna was genetically human though, just with the mind of a time lord. If the girl can regenerate then clearly she's genetically (at least partially) time lord.

I was just thinking the only thing that disproved it was Donna not regenerating.
If having a Time Lord mind makes you die then that is what was causing Amy's baby to die. Then as it is 1/2 Time Lord it regenerates. After it's birth it cools down this process. Donna didn't regenerate because she wasn't genetically Time Lord.
Original post by sleekchic
I reckon she is Amy and Rory's daughter but at the same time she isn't. Kind of line an alien IVF kind of thing without their permission. I wonder if time travel has an effect on pregnancy/fetus.

Spoiler

She appears in the that weird scene where Amy is exploring. Through the hatch. That white room where she says something about someone still 'dreaming'.

Probably the most important scene in the episode, well one of.
Original post by Madjackismad
You're not? :awesome:

Spoiler

Edit: Bloody hell, the massacre of The Silence was a bit heavy for Doctor Who. I didn't think the Doctor was an advocate of mass genocide. But I did end up talking to my flatmate about halfway though it, so maybe I missed something. :colonhash:

I think he adopted a kind of 'ends justify the means' type attitude towards the Silence. They clearly aren't a 'good' species.

He realised at about half way that they had something to do with Universe ending and "Silence falling", and I guess he put two and two together that the Human race is supposed to evolve independent of them. He's always been very protective of them.

I also think that it's his traditional "Leave or be forced to leave" approach, like he's done in the past, there are always going to be a few casualties. I don't think we've seen the last of them this series.
I think one of the most important lines that episode was:

River Song - "I hope my old fella didn't see that."

old fella/old man also = husband (which annoys the hell out of me but let's forget that) Besides it wouldn't make sense if she meant Rory because she was talking to him.
Original post by spacepirate-James

I can't see The Master coming back. I know he's one of the Doctor's oldest enemies, appearing on the old show as well as the Russell T Davies penned shows, but didn't he kind of redeem himself? This is Doctor Who though, so they'll probably come up with some excuse.
Reply 374
Original post by Stressworthy
Ah yeah, I'd somehow forgotten about that bit! It seemed a bit out of the blue - there must be more to that.

I think that bit is more important than you would think. The woman said "She's only sleeping" I can't figure out if she was referring to Amy or the girl.
Original post by Don'tNod
I might be clinging to straws here but that would also explain why the two of them made that comment about the Doctor just dropping out of the sky. :dontknow:

It is a bit odd that they are both named with relation to water. :p:

Not sure about killing, it could be. But I definitely think there is something suspicious about her saying 'old fella' and Rory just happened to stand right behind her.
She appears in the that weird scene where Amy is exploring. Through the hatch. That white room where she says something about someone still 'dreaming'.

Probably the most important scene in the episode, well one of.

Thanks for reminding me about that. What the hell was going on there?

The still dreaming thing makes me think she was actually dreaming and they took something from Amy?
Original post by sleekchic
old fella/old man also = husband (which annoys the hell out of me but let's forget that) Besides it wouldn't make sense if she meant Rory because she was talking to him.

I got the impression she said it, then turned around and seen him then talked to him. She was talking to herself when she said it. Though it could also mean the Doctor.
Original post by JWH
I think that bit is more important than you would think. The woman said "She's only sleeping" I can't figure out if she was referring to Amy or the girl.

I agree - the fact that it was so quick and so intriguing means it's probably one of the most important bits, knowing Doctor Who.

Latest