Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lottie51)
    What have you been studying at college prior to Uni? Have you done an art and design related BTEC or A Levels?
    A Levels. English, Media And Photography to be specific LOL

and thanks for replying btw

ReputationRep:
    Hi is anybody here doing the international prep course for fashion at LCF? Its a HE cert course, but I'm not quite sure what the course is going to be like- does anyone have an idea?
    I'm from Singapore and going to London to study is quite a big step.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtng)
    Hi is anybody here doing the international prep course for fashion at LCF? Its a HE cert course, but I'm not quite sure what the course is going to be like- does anyone have an idea?
    Hi do u have a diploma from Singapore? If u have, u might jus need to do a foundation if u are not so confident, if u are, i think u can go straight to BA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtng)
    I was given that offer by the college too. Basically it's like a foundation year and according to the lady, it's like a year 0 where you get to experiment with things and it prepares you better for the BA course. Just so you know, university of the arts london requires all of their students to take a foundation year first (even when I have been doing 2 years of art in IB), very rarely do they accept students straight into year 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cassiie0103)
    I was given that offer by the college too. Basically it's like a foundation year and according to the lady, it's like a year 0 where you get to experiment with things and it prepares you better for the BA course. Just so you know, university of the arts london requires all of their students to take a foundation year first (even when I have been doing 2 years of art in IB), very rarely do they accept students straight into year 1.
    I did a level art before my foundation and thought i had my mind made up but my foundation opened my eyes and pushed me into the perfect direction for me. I definitely recommend doing a foundation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepwince)
    I did a level art before my foundation and thought i had my mind made up but my foundation opened my eyes and pushed me into the perfect direction for me. I definitely recommend doing a foundation
    i feel that if wtng already got a diploma from singapore, she wouldn't actually need to do a foundation, because our diploma is 2-3 years and it have already cover much of the modules of similar level to a foundation in uk.
    however, if she only did a level art, i would recommend her to do a foundation year to equip herself with all the basic sewing skills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepwince)
    Hmm, i didn't even apply to lcf because i knew it would never offer me what i wanted - they seem to dumb you down and i don't feel like playing with small boring details like button placement or where i've decided to stick a dart for three years. Westminster is more akin to CSM course-wise and that level of creative freedom/encouragement to go further is what i'm looking for from my course.
    thanks for criticizing my futur uni so much! the uni doesn't make you, and nothing is stopping you to do anything. you're good or you're not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youbreakfast)
    thanks for criticizing my futur uni so much! the uni doesn't make you, and nothing is stopping you to do anything. you're good or you're not
    My sentiments exactly.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone freaking out about the tuitions fees? I'm really scared about having a dept for 30 years...

ReputationRep:
    Yes Yes Yes
    It makes it worse that I have to pay half the fees for my sandwich year in industry

Is there anyone freaking out about the tuitions fees? I'm really scared about having a dept for 30 years...

ReputationRep:
    hi... any firmers for heriot watt galashiels here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonobebe)
    Me me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YetAnotherMember)
    Me me!
    unconditional firm?

ReputationRep:
    unconditional firm?
    conditional firm unfortunately, but I've already got the grades, so just waiting for them to make it unconditional. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YetAnotherMember)
    conditional firm unfortunately, but I've already got the grades, so just waiting for them to make it unconditional. What about you?
    Great! mine's UF. where are u from?

ReputationRep:
    Like you said your future is what you make of it, i was just giving my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Here! Fashion 2nd year entry

ReputationRep:
    Hey im going to sheffield hallam to do fashion, is anyone else?x

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to Heriot Watt Gala campus ?
    want to find people in my flat !!
    level 3 room 28 that's me anyone near that xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stewartmh18)
    Anyone going to Heriot Watt Gala campus ?
    want to find people in my flat !!
    level 3 room 28 that's me anyone near that xx
    join this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/383994918333184/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 12, 2012

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.