Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris1200)
    Could anyone maybe explain the poster/picture situation to me please?

I've read poster-hangers are meant to be used, but I'm a bit confused as don't these need a nail in the wall to be hung up?? Surely blu tack (which is banned?) is preferable to that??

Are these things given out by the college?

Edit: Oh and I'm in Wolfson
    Anyone?? Please??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeHarris)
    Kinda hard for me to do that for Law but thanks for the advice - no prior knowledge is expected at interview and according to a law fellow at churchill i talked to at open day it can be a hinderence
    The fact that none is expected doesn't mean you can't have any. If some particular cases interest you, look into them. Not only will you learn things about how law works in real cases, but also you will be demonstrating enthusiasm and be able to show your interviewers that you are interested. Also you can put what you have done on your personal statement . Anything to give yourself an edge .

Anyone?? Please??
    I thought the way it worked (based on a memory of what I read 2-3 years ago) was that everyone is given a cork (or similar material, not sure what its official name is) board attached to the wall. Then with drawing pins we can attach things to this cork board (with the pins going into the cork, and hence not damaging the wall).

Of course, that might be a load of rubbish, but that's what I read :p: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simba)
    I thought the way it worked (based on a memory of what I read 2-3 years ago) was that everyone is given a cork (or similar material, not sure what its official name is) board attached to the wall. Then with drawing pins we can attach things to this cork board (with the pins going into the cork, and hence not damaging the wall).

Of course, that might be a load of rubbish, but that's what I read :p: .
    Well yeah but obviously you can put posters and pictures up too. My confusion is that both the freshers guide and the accommodation handbook say that blu-tac is banned but pins and hanging pictures (using a nail and a hammer surely?!) is okay. I don't understand this...

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah but obviously you can put posters and pictures up too. My confusion is that both the freshers guide and the accommodation handbook say that blu-tac is banned but pins and hanging pictures (using a nail and a hammer surely?!) is okay. I don't understand this...
    They would rather have holes in the wall than blu-tac stains. It seems stuid but thats the way it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaF)
    They would rather have holes in the wall than blu-tac stains. It seems stuid but thats the way it is.
    Fair enough

*buys many posters*

My room's gonna have plenty of holes in it!

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough

*buys many posters*

My room's gonna have plenty of holes in it!
    It can't be any worse than my current room - it looks like it hosted the "Pin the Tail on the Donkey World Championships for 5 years running.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, i have got this room at blue boar P4...well i am a fresher,

is it rare to get a P room for first year? will i be living with all the second and third years?

last question, how are the rooms in blue boar like? are they nice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beausoli)
    hey guys, i have got this room at blue boar P4...well i am a fresher,

is it rare to get a P room for first year? will i be living with all the second and third years?

last question, how are the rooms in blue boar like? are they nice?
    Oooh, I'm in BBP! When do you go down? It does seem quite rare, I only know of you and one other person who are in BBP as freshers. The rooms seem rather nice based on what I've found on Google images.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simba)
    Oooh, I'm in BBP! When do you go down? It does seem quite rare, I only know of you and one other person who are in BBP as freshers. The rooms seem rather nice based on what I've found on Google images.
    They have freshers in P every year I think, but it is only a couple of people... though how have you found images of the rooms??? I mean I know how to look at them because I know how to access the pictures they use for the room ballot, but I've never found any through Google searching!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'd love to see a room like mine (Angel Court B). It would really help to know how much room I have for storage! Do you reckon if I visited this week and asked the porters very nicely they'd let me in to have a look? Or I could just wait a week :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Liana*)
    They have freshers in P every year I think, but it is only a couple of people... though how have you found images of the rooms??? I mean I know how to look at them because I know how to access the pictures they use for the room ballot, but I've never found any through Google searching!
    Ah, okay . And, I can't remember exactly what I typed into Google to find them (and I've just had a try to find them again without success ). I found quite a few pictures of one particular room in Blue Boar, and it looked pretty nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedliv)
    Yeah, I'd love to see a room like mine (Angel Court B). It would really help to know how much room I have for storage! Do you reckon if I visited this week and asked the porters very nicely they'd let me in to have a look? Or I could just wait a week :p:
    i lived in angel B last year, its a bit crap and sixties-like and also very very noisy? what room are you in? cos if you're facing the street bring earplugs or something... i may have some photos of my room hanging around somewhere...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eiram)
    Hi Trinity folks - especially SPS (PPS) students.

I am from Denmark applying for SPS and likely to be called for an interview in December. Please, can you advice me how to prepare and what experiences with SPS interviews at Trinity is like??
    Also, I have to send two "recent essays". However, I don't know which kind is preferable....Since I am from Denmark, I have only written social sciences essays in Danish, therefore the only English essays I have are a wide range of literary analysises and interpretations of English literature. Do you reckon such essays would be considerable or should I write 2 new? Then it has to be i a rush :-S
    I wonder why they don't specify the kind of essay they'd like you to send..

I appreciate any advice!! Thank you so much!
    Email trinity admissions office and ask them the same question you asked us.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else applying to Trinity College as an 'affilated student' ?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I have started this thread to let people discuss anything about their applications to Trinity College, Cambridge University for Undergraduate Studies-2009.

Course: Mathematics (G100)
    Fee Status: International

Who else is applying to Trinity College?

ReputationRep:
    Here is my application status so far:

UCAS Application Sent: 13 October, 2008
    COAF Sent (with application processing fees): 13 October, 2008
    Online SAQ Login Details by Cambridge: 14 October, 2008 (Deadline to submit SAQ: 21 October, 2008)
    COAF Received/Acknowledged: 15 October, 2008
    SAQ Online - Subimtted: 16 October, 2008 (International applicants are not required to complete all the sections on SAQ. They are just required to upload their digital photograph and submit the SAQ, since SAQ is essentially the same as COAF)
    SAQ Online - Sumbission Acknowledged (Cambridge Admission Office): 17 October, 2008
    Trinity College SAQ Notification Issued (Trinity College applicants asked to submit SAQ by 21 October, 2008): 17 October, 2008
    SAQ Received by Trinity College (Formal Acknowledgement Letter): Waiting...

Has anyone else yet received the 'formal acknowledgement letter' by Trinity College, acknowledging that they have received the SAQ?

ReputationRep:
    hey i am wna study econ at trinity and was wodnering if my grades were ok i got 3 A 4 B at o level but i got 294 in econ 285 maths 277 phy and 243 in chem for my AS and maths phy and chem were B at o level so wil they still consider me against people who got 11 A* at gcse coz i hear they count gcse and o levels as the same?

is it really that hard to get into trinity as I've looked on the cambridge website and I've seen that there was 900 applicants to around 200 places! :eek:

for engineering, what things could you do to maximise your chances at trinity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    is it really that hard to get into trinity as I've looked on the cambridge website and I've seen that there was 900 applicants to around 200 places! :eek:

for engineering, what things could you do to maximise your chances at trinity?
    The people applying to Cambridge are going to be excellent, those applying to Trinity will be very excellent. It is without doubt hard to get in to Trinity. However, if you are the best of a group of 20 for 5 places say, then you will get in. If you're the best you'll get in. Simple as.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zef99)
    The people applying to Cambridge are going to be excellent, those applying to Trinity will be very excellent. It is without doubt hard to get in to Trinity. However, if you are the best of a group of 20 for 5 places say, then you will get in. If you're the best you'll get in. Simple as.
    what the difference between a trinity applicant and an ordinary one?

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.