Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayteeKaytee)
    Once an offer is made they are obliged to honour it. However, if they find out you were less than honest about something on your application, they can withdraw it. I've also heard of people losing places because a course is cancelled but this is very rare and they generally offer you a place doing something else.
    Thanks for the info.
    Really appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizagr)
    Hey, I'm applying to Warwick too!
    Could you maybe tell me what your predicted grades were and how long did it take for it to answer?
    Also, congratulations for your offer!

My predicted overall score is 42

Maths HL : 5
    Economics HL : 7
    Business HL : 7
    Physics SL : 7
    English A2 SL: 7
    French A1 SL : 6
    EE : A
    TOK : B

it took about 6 weeks before i got an answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G333)
    I'm not ungrateful! I was just disappointed, you can't really blame me for that!!
    I didn't like the tutors much when I was at St Hildas and all the students who went there were joking about the college - it all put me off

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Ok, sorry just got a bit annoyed when it looked like you were complaining. I know several great students who didn't get offers so count yourself lucky! I too have an offer for PPE at St Hilda's and I met some really cool people there, the atmosphere is a lot more relaxed than other colleges, but it's a good thing in some ways. Besides, Oxford is Oxford I'd say!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've only just got around to posting this as it's been a hectic few days. On Friday I was rejected by Jesus College, Oxford but I received an offer from Christ Church the next day. Needless to say I'm delighted, although a little surprised that Jesus was unable to offer me a place but Christ Church was. I was always under the impression ChCh was more competitive for PPE than Jesus, perhaps I was wrong. Anyway, I'm not complaining - I'm on cloud nine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikomar)
    Congrats are you firming it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably not, I really didn't like it when I visited! Want to go to Manchester as I fell in love with the city and want to work abroad when I'm older and it has good international rep! Just waiting for Warwick now! Where do you want to firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KT987)
    Probably not, I really didn't like it when I visited! Want to go to Manchester as I fell in love with the city and want to work abroad when I'm older and it has good international rep! Just waiting for Warwick now! Where do you want to firm?
    Oh i see! Good luck with Warwick!
    If I get an offer from York ill firm it otherwise i have to decide between Lancaster and Sussex

ReputationRep:
    What about York did you not like? Am considering it for a choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sitatunga)
    Well, I've only just got around to posting this as it's been a hectic few days. On Friday I was rejected by Jesus College, Oxford but I received an offer from Christ Church the next day. Needless to say I'm delighted, although a little surprised that Jesus was unable to offer me a place but Christ Church was. I was always under the impression ChCh was more competitive for PPE than Jesus, perhaps I was wrong. Anyway, I'm not complaining - I'm on cloud nine!
    <br />
    <br />
    Ah well done. I got an offer from Christ church for PPE as well. As far as I am aware it is a more competative college. However they are also a big one with about 11 places so maybe the other college just didn't have enough places, not sure of the size of Jesus.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from York, good luck to everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erika_B)
    What about York did you not like? Am considering it for a choice
    Well it's a good university and the department seemed to be enthusiastic and engaging but I've always lived in London and want to go somewhere a bit livelier, the actual place seemed quite quiet!

ReputationRep:
    it's been a bit quiet on here, has anyone got any more offers they'd like to share? I'm still waiting on warwick and nottingham phil/econ

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting on Warwick, York and LSE (phil & pol). Starting to get frustrated with the waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erika_B)
    it's been a bit quiet on here, has anyone got any more offers they'd like to share? I'm still waiting on warwick and nottingham phil/econ

i received an offer from York, Lancaster, Sussex and Essex. Still waiting for Stirling.
    Im firming York
    what offers have you received so far?

ReputationRep:
    offer from york
    Waiting on LSE (Gov&Econ), Warwick and St. Andrews (IR and Economics)

ReputationRep:
    Just waiting for Warwick now. Offers from Oxford, York, Lancaster & East Anglia.

ReputationRep:
    Just got into Warwick! In at UCL, Durham, Warwick. Rejected from Oxford. Waiting on LSE

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from oxford, offer from exeter and York, no word still from warwick or nottongham

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats haven't seen any other warwick offers yet,
    What was your offer for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Open PPE offer from Oxford offer from York too, still waiting on PPE at Durham, and politics and philosophy at Bristol and LSE

ReputationRep:
    Is there any point at all putting York as an insurance (offer AAA incl Maths) when you have Oxford (also AAA) as your first choice? On the grounds that if I did miss the grades by a couple of marks, york would be far more likely to let me in than oxford and York is a lot nicer than my other two unis with lower grades? Or would that be a stupid, pointless, waste of an insurance?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 30, 2014

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.