Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wooh!! I finally understood what you meant, yeah it'd be weird asking someone , "are u the the caretaker?" or even weirder , halfoflessthan50p.
    How do you pronounce that actually? Do you say 50pence for 50p?

everyone's much better looking than the imperial stereotype btw
    Probably because TSR people are cooler than the rest :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... I can't find a decent photo of me. This is probably the best: (attached).

--- I didn't read the first post, I started in October 2004!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    sorry, im not very coherent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tahngarth)
    Wooh!! I finally understood what you meant, yeah it'd be weird asking someone , "are u the the caretaker?" or even weirder , halfoflessthan50p.
    How do you pronounce that actually? Do you say 50pence for 50p?

Probably because TSR people are cooler than the rest :p:
    hehehe, just make sure you've checked their profile photos and the photos on here so you don't have to be embarassed.
    Had loads of people asking me if I was Adarah last year, hehehe - no idea if they'd asked anyone else who wasn't though, doubt it though :p: .

ReputationRep:
    Civ. engineering staring fall '06, but possibly deferring till next year.
    hope to see you people this october

ReputationRep:
    am i the only one deferring? :'(

Imperials just suddenly become more interesting..well 13 hours ago actually

ReputationRep:
    agreed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liowood)
    am i the only one deferring? :'(
    no, you're not alone. i'm most probably going to have to defer :[
    what's your reason - gap year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_rejected_jh)
    no, you're not alone. i'm most probably going to have to defer :[
    what's your reason - gap year?

yeah i want to get out of the pressure form education for a little while before settling back into what could be 7 years intensive learning :P

are you in america atm? brave of you to come to an english uni! have you been here before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zertrudetrout)
    hell, 5 weeks is so close! its gonna be a bit weird asking someone if they're lemming, halfoflessthan50p or the caretaker. admittedly a bit easier with mike or johnathan... everyone's much better looking than the imperial stereotype btw
    i see jonathan still hasn't changed the link for my pic on the 1st page so i guess im still the ginger, REALLY lanky guy with the wooden leg and YMCA T shirt then. shouldnt be hard to miss

ReputationRep:
    Why would I change it? You look gorgeous

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody! I'll be joining all the other freshers here on September 30th (only 28 days left now!) so can't wait to see you all!! Will be studying maths and living in Southwell hall in Evelyn gardens

^^^ The pic was taken on muck-up day (hence hat & tie) at 8 in the morning (hence dressing gown) on the Headmaster's lawn (hence champagne)...:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arias)
    yeah i want to get out of the pressure form education for a little while before settling back into what could be 7 years intensive learning :P

are you in america atm? brave of you to come to an english uni! have you been here before?
    I'm in canada right now, actually.& no, I've never been to england, I just closed my eyes and randomly picked some english universities to apply to :]. nah, I love london and I did stop by IC before accepting its offer.

you really are so lucky to be going on a gap year. are you doing the whole european tour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_rejected_jh)
    I'm in canada right now, actually.& no, I've never been to england, I just closed my eyes and randomly picked some english universities to apply to :]. nah, I love london and I did stop by IC before accepting its offer.

you really are so lucky to be going on a gap year. are you doing the whole european tour?
    I have to say after seeing your picture, all the rumours about IC and its lack of quality and opposite sex ratio is out the window.

hope you're not doing maths at imperial Unity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mangaroo)
    hope you're not doing maths at imperial Unity
    LOL, Why's that?

ReputationRep:
    I may as well put my mug up on this as well. I'm the guy on the right.

ReputationRep:
    Somehow I figured that out, dont ask me why though.

(Original post by Unity)
    LOL, Why's that?
    lol because one pretty girl posts her picture so you said the unbalanced female:male ratio claim "goes out the window" =PPP

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 13, 2008
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.